Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 04:20 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,980,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie5v View Post
First - take your picture down because this is a public forum and it's not really a good idea.

Second - you don't look overly done up to me, but honestly, that is way way too much eye makeup. Lose the liner and shadow. Keep the foundation if you must, but otherwise just some mascara and lip gloss (something like clinique - clear with a bit of color) would look nice on you. Even for a date, that's just too much, especially all that black with your fair skin. Also, I think the blond hair color I(visible on the ends) should go. Hair color is tricky - if you're going blond from dark, you have to really maintain it. That's expensive and time-consuming, which means most of us just end up with brassy color most of the time,which shouts "I color my hair a fake blond!". Unless you are going to get your hair colored every 8 weeks or so, it's best to stick with your natural shade. You can do a temporary color - similar to your own but richer - or even a two or three color process, and get a little more oomph out of it, but when it fades you don't get that brassy look (it just fades back to your real color).

Anyway, that's my somewhat unsolicited fashion advice to you. Other than plain weird rudeness and basic sexism against young women, the only thing that might invite that particular nature of rude comment is the blond and the eye makeup. I have no idea if losing those will eliminate stupid comments - probably not - but you will definitely look a lot better.
I'm trying to go back to dark, it was blonder and I have dyed it twice now with almost black dye it keeps fading and I don't have the money to keep trying to get it darker it can just grow out.

It looks like a lot of eye liner in the pic but its just top and bottom and no shadow today.
I love my eye liner, it's like my favorite make up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 05:44 PM

16,080 posts, read 21,192,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I do my make up the same everyday no matter where I go.
I only 4 hours a day, I'm not going to do my make up twice just because of some small town folk who have a problem.
Why do you do your makeup the same no matter what?
You don't always dress the same do you? Different types of outfits for different types of outings? You wouldn't wear an evening dress or a bathing suit to do your grocery shopping or go hiking in the woods right? Makeup is similar, different looks are appropriate for different things. Just the basics for daytime and add a little more for some glitz for evenings or special occasions.
You are a pretty girl, I think you would look just fine during the day without the eye shadow and a light hand on the liner, save the full on 'eyes' for other times.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:22 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,323,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
What I do put on I don't do lots of, usually a light eye shadow, light eyeliner, and some mascara.

I don't do the whole smokey eye thing during the day, it's not bold or dramatic.

Sometimes I do a darker eye shadow but still it's nothing crazy.

Trust me I go a little buck wild at night and then it's only a little dramatic.

And I never look like a raccoon.

I think it's cause it's such a small town and I'm not a small town "look".

It's still real snarky though to make comments.

DB says I should take it as a compliment because I'm supposedly "really hot".... But aren't all boyfriends biased, I think I look normal if not pretty average.
You know what txtqueen? It does not matter what you look like or how much or how little makeup you do or do not apply, it does not matter if you are working in a small town or a metropolitan city...people can just be plain old, downright rude sometimes...and unkind to young ladies in general (if they're not flirting with you). Chalk it up to human nature.

On the other side of the coin I believe you will encounter people who will be kind, considerate, and respectful, I have and it is not as common as I would like but it does happen. Being in any type of front line position working with any type of public, consumer, or customer (food service to hardware store, grocery store to gas station, restaurant to dry cleaning...etc., etc., etc.) can be difficult work due to the fact that whatever they find wrong in their lives or the world at large you may or may not be the recipient of their misery or for that matter, their joy.

Hang in there and adjust your attitude every day before you start in preparation for your day...you cannot control them or what they say but you can be the best you can be and ignore them. I don't 't believe you're dumb or stupid and I don't even know you.

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...

Last edited by HomeIsWhere...; 05-22-2013 at 06:40 PM.. Reason: Guess...

Old 05-22-2013, 06:30 PM

1,846 posts, read 4,746,021 times
People are busy bodies....especially in a small town

Old 05-22-2013, 06:45 PM

19 posts, read 36,249 times
Have you thought about using Crest whitestrips? It works wonders.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john360 View Post
Have you thought about using Crest whitestrips? It works wonders.
Yeah I have. I want whiter teeth. That's expensive though so I'm using a pre mouth wash with the combined toothpaste.

Thank bro for the info.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:20 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,984,217 times
You will get that from some older men. It's called midlife crises which begins between 35-45 and ends when they die

They realize they are no longer the Mcdaddies of their day and every young woman reminds them of their lost youth. One day one of them (or more) will tell you you are the most beautiful girl they ever seen.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:02 PM

2,062 posts, read 1,960,795 times
Except for the heavy eyeliner, you actually look quite preppy. Regardless, you should not have to tolerate such behavior.

The black eyeliner heavily applied all around your eyes, is a mistake for your eye shape and color. Your eyes are close set and narrow. Your liner makes them look smaller. The dark liner over the top of the lashes can work for you, but the bottom lashes would look better with a dark peach liner or shadow, and the inside corner needs to be lightened -maybe with a slightly iridescent shadow that could also be brushed under the arch of your brow. I think your eyes could be blue-- not sure from the photo because the heavy black eyeliner is distracting from them.

If you get the chance to visit a MAC counter- ask for them to do a natural makeup on you that emphasizes your eye color. Most of the MAC techs are pretty well trained. A tiny bit of blush would be nice--your skin does look really good-- and as you said in another thread you do look very young.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funisart View Post
Except for the heavy eyeliner, you actually look quite preppy. Regardless, you should not have to tolerate such behavior.

The black eyeliner heavily applied all around your eyes, is a mistake for your eye shape and color. Your eyes are close set and narrow. Your liner makes them look smaller. The dark liner over the top of the lashes can work for you, but the bottom lashes would look better with a dark peach liner or shadow, and the inside corner needs to be lightened -maybe with a slightly iridescent shadow that could also be brushed under the arch of your brow. I think your eyes could be blue-- not sure from the photo because the heavy black eyeliner is distracting from them.

If you get the chance to visit a MAC counter- ask for them to do a natural makeup on you that emphasizes your eye color. Most of the MAC techs are pretty well trained. A tiny bit of blush would be nice--your skin does look really good-- and as you said in another thread you do look very young.
Yep I'm actually 23.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:11 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,043,283 times
Thats what you get for living in a small town. Just ignore the rude customers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty