Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 03:20 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,061,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiivictim View Post
Farfax should of said, insecure women tend to be mean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelee View Post
There is always going to be b^tches who will start fights with people no matter what. Doesn't have to come down to appearance for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I've had a few friends who thought they were totally gorgeous.

When the friendships ended, it was never because I didn't want to be friends with someone pretty, it was because they had some defect in their personality...one of the women was always going on about how she was in her starter marriage and she couldn't wait to move up to someone better than a bus mechanic. Her child was the spawn of satan...we could never be around the kid for more than ten minutes before she had bitten both of my kids.

I don't care at all what a person looks like, if they aren't a nice person, I'm not going to continue the friendship. I'm not saying that the OP is not a nice person, but if it seems like most of the people she encounters have a problem, then maybe the problem is hers, not theirs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 03:28 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,687,152 times
Psychology Forum ---->

Old 11-01-2013, 04:04 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,530,547 times
It is waaay to weird to be comparing yourself in terms of looks from the people that surround you and reading their attitudes as something to do with your "beauty". I ve never thought of my friends as more or less beautiful than i am cause i dont chose friends because of that, but because they are funny, smart, nice and non judgmental.
I also never been in a situation in where "ugly" girls were mean to "pretty girls" but i was in A LOT of situation in where MEAN people where mean to non mean people.

Yeah, thats whats everything about in the end: maybe you are surrounding yourself with mean people, maybe they are mean to you just cause they are MEAN and not cause you are pretty.

Believe me, i was bullied a lot by other girls when i was a kid/teen and it never occured to me to think it was because i was pretty. It was because they were MEAN.

Mean people come in all shapes and forms: ugly, pretty, tall, short, etc.

You should stay away from mean people and be nice to others and youll realize no one will treat you bad because of your good looks.

Old 11-01-2013, 04:06 PM

And no, i dont think insecure women tend to be mean.

Maybe you should phrase it the other way: mean people are probably insecure.

Im insecure, a lot of people i know are insecure, and i was NEVER mean to other people and insecure people i know were never mean to anyone either.

There are a lot of insecure/super nice people

And the usual mean scumbags that handle their own issues being mean to other people.

Old 11-01-2013, 08:12 PM

31 posts, read 33,705 times
when I was 17 I used to be very good looking and I noticed that girls didn't like me. Girls that have never even talked to me before, somehow they kinda new of me but I didn't even know their names. I don't put a whole lot of effort into my looks anymore because I feel the same way, the attention makes me feel uncomfortable. That and I don't care anymore and it takes too much time. But its also frustrating that I have yet to find a guy that's likes me for who I am.

Old 11-02-2013, 05:55 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,900,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfZion View Post
As I get older, I encounter more & more problems because of my looks. I've never been ugly, but I was a plain girl growing up. Now that I'm 20, my face has thinned some & my features stand out. Adjusting to the stares & attention has been crazy! I realize I'm attractive from ppl telling me (and the jealousy I receive from women & gay men) but i still feel like that plain little girl inside. I've had women idk roll their eyes at me, try to fight me, or just being standoffish. I can honestly say I'm humble & don't give them reasons to hate me. But it's as if they're set on hating me before getting to know me! It hurts being judged on something so shallow. Girls will talk with me 1 day & be mean & ignore me the next.I often suspect I don't realize just how intimidating my looks are. I walk into a room & the whole atmosphere changes. Women act so irritated by my presence! The treatment I receive from others because of my looks makes me self conscious. I don't believe in changing who you are for approval so how can I stop caring how ppl feel about me & learn to accept myself? Thanks!
The ~problem is NOT your appearance.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:17 AM

324 posts, read 655,294 times
Originally Posted by DaughterOfZion
Girls will talk with me 1 day & be mean & ignore me the next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
The ~problem is NOT your appearance.
Finally Capt Obvious shows up! We were hoping she could figure it out on her own though.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:53 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
It's true, and once you get to know someone their looks become secondary to the way the person acts.
In fact, you may get to where you don't even notice the way the person looks.
I know a guy--handsome wouldn't even work here. He is beautiful..No matter you put him in the world, that is probably what would be said about him. Tries to be a decent guy, but mostly comes off like an *ss 80% of the time. He can't seem to get a handle on humility and not flaunting his looks. It's as if he knows he needs to develop his personality, but he's not quite sure how to go about it. I am embarrassed that he is still highly enjoyable to me as eye candy. I help out with the rest when I can.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:04 PM

wth is going on with people???

Old 11-03-2013, 06:50 AM

38 posts, read 87,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Most ugly women aren't mea

I don't want to sound cliche,but maybe its the OP's personality?
There were some really great replies here! Those who claim it may be my personality @Newdaawn @Freelee @runswithscissors please explain why even the most socially awkward people or plain a holes can have many friends & I don't. I'm not weird, mean or stuck up. If anything,others are too stuck on me. I have an average personality. All People have personality flaws & others still accept them (which they should). I put my best foot forward and get cruelty &threats in return.I'm tired of that played out "its your personality" line.

Last edited by DaughterOfZion; 11-03-2013 at 07:01 AM.. Reason: mess up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty