Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 05:01 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by non-creep View Post
I see. I just thought that was an era when people were less hung up about appearance in general?
I don't know. I thought "grunge" had to do with the rock thing. I'm not one to keep up on popular culture, as you can probably tell, hehehe.

The time I personally recall when people were less hung up about appearance in general was the 1970s. Once the 80s hit and materialism became the norm, along with designer jeans and designer this and that and the other thing, it seems to be that people became more and more hung up on appearance. Some people, anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2013, 05:15 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,026,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't know. I thought "grunge" had to do with the rock thing. I'm not one to keep up on popular culture, as you can probably tell, hehehe.

The time I personally recall when people were less hung up about appearance in general was the 1970s. Once the 80s hit and materialism became the norm, along with designer jeans and designer this and that and the other thing, it seems to be that people became more and more hung up on appearance. Some people, anyway.
I thought it was a style too? Those flannel shirts came from that era so I thought people would be naturally more relaxed about pajama wearing in public. If I'm off base it's because I would have been a few months old at the time with other concerns.

The 60's, 70's and 90's all seem like cool eras to have lived through, but not so much the 80's.

Old 11-23-2013, 07:35 PM

1,027 posts, read 2,049,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Rock and grunge is dying now.Now it hip hop and pop.

There not much rock and grunge now days.

Quote:
I thought it was a style too? Those flannel shirts came from that era so I thought people would be naturally more relaxed about pajama wearing in public. If I'm off base it's because I would have been a few months old at the time with other concerns.

The 60's, 70's and 90's all seem like cool eras to have lived through, but not so much the 80's.
No . The pajama wearing in public is new thing.

Also 60's, 70's and 90's seem like freek year all bright colors.

But Honesty move to Southern US state or southwest US state .It too hot in 90 degree weather to wear pajama pants, flannel shirts,sweatpants ,jogging pants or long sleazes shirts.

Old 11-23-2013, 08:32 PM

16,076 posts, read 21,154,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweat209 View Post
No . The pajama wearing in public is new thing.......
.....But Honesty move to Southern US state or southwest US state .It too hot in 90 degree weather to wear pajama pants, flannel shirts,sweatpants ,jogging pants or long sleazes shirts.
Nah, see my earlier post. My daughter is a young adult now, pajama pants in public has been around since at least 2005. Here in the south it's mostly been the thin summer weight cotton in a plaid or fun print like these, although these monkey face pj pants were wildly popular for a while too.

Old 11-23-2013, 09:00 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,338,981 times
Personally I don't wear pajamas in public, but whenever I do see people wearing them I do wonder what made them wear that out? But I continue to go own about my business.

Old 11-23-2013, 09:01 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
not to worry ladies and gentlemen dont.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty