Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 11:26 PM

204 posts, read 351,418 times

Advertisements

Chicks in pajamas are the hottest thing ever, op is stupid....

http://cheapdiva.typepad.com/.a/6a00...b01e970b-320wi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2013, 03:30 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,701,281 times
...never seen ppl shopping in pajamas?

Old 11-23-2013, 09:17 AM

88,617 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I would MUCH rather see a very pregnant woman in sweats, or even PJs, than in some of the shorts and short tops they wear with 'everything' hanging out. I dunno, maybe they are proud of their pregnancy but it just looks terrible to me. I told my niece, when she was pregnant, that if I EVER saw her dressed like that I'd whoop her butt! lol She never did.

Our pastor has said he doesn't care what people wear to church. He just cares that they are there! It's the kids who dress this way though, not the adults, although they ARE pretty casual anymore.
YES. Sidebar to the thread topic, but what's with this new thing with pregnant women wearing a tight T-shirt that stretches over their belly and shows off their disgusting protruding navel? Are we supposed to be impressed or something? Yeah yeah yeah, pregnancy is a beautiful thing, yada yada yada, yawn yawn yawn, but not really. Your big stomach and lumpy navel is repulsive to look at.

Old 11-23-2013, 09:27 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,701,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
YES. Sidebar to the thread topic, but what's with this new thing with pregnant women wearing a tight T-shirt that stretches over their belly and shows off their disgusting protruding navel? Are we supposed to be impressed or something? Yeah yeah yeah, pregnancy is a beautiful thing, yada yada yada, yawn yawn yawn, but not really. Your big stomach and lumpy navel is revolting to look at.
Why so mean? Pregnant people ARE pretty and their giant belly is awesome I hope to get a one as soon as possible If you don't like, look away, I enjoy of seeing them

Old 11-23-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
Why so mean? Pregnant people ARE pretty and their giant belly is awesome I hope to get a one as soon as possible If you don't like, look away, I enjoy of seeing them
LOL, not trying to be "mean". I had a giant belly of my own 22 years ago, but I wore big comfy shirts, not tight things stretched across it. I just think it looks terrible with the protruding navel so prominent and the stretch marks and blue veins hanging out underneath. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks that way.

I do hope you get a big belly if you want one soon--what comes out of the belly is awesome!

Old 11-23-2013, 02:14 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,026,941 times
Quote:
LOL, not trying to be "mean". I had a giant belly of my own 22 years ago, but I wore big comfy shirts, not tight things stretched across it. I just think it looks terrible with the protruding navel so prominent and the stretch marks and blue veins hanging out underneath. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks that way.

I do hope you get a big belly if you want one soon--what comes out of the belly is awesome!
In fairness that would have been the very early 90's. That was the grungy era.

Old 11-23-2013, 02:40 PM

16,079 posts, read 21,163,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
Is that how your parents raised you?
Did they send you to school in PJ's ?
Hmm... I used to let my daughter wear pajama pants during her high school years. Not because of laziness or not caring, but because at the time it was trendy. With teens you pick your battles and that was not going to be one of them. It's not as though she grew up and couldn't figure out that wearing PJ pants was inappropriate in most places.

We went shopping for them just like we would shop for any other outfit,they were not actually worn to bed mind you. Just the pants, and they had to fit within certain parameters, nothing flannel or fuzzy or too cutesie, and you had to have just the right top to go with it of course. Flip flops to complete the look too, even in the dead of winter.
IMO it's not really any different than crazy fads like low hanging pants, oversized untied tennis shoes, ultra sheer blouses with colored bras underneath, distressed jeans with holes and rips in them, hot pants, or any of the other stuff that has passed in and out of fashion over the years.

Since older people have been latching onto the trend and 'not doin' it right' I suspect it won't last too much longer anyway.

Old 11-23-2013, 03:10 PM

15,641 posts, read 26,270,321 times
when I was young, I dressed for a date, and then applied my makeup. To keep the powder off my clothing, I put on my shortie robe. I was wearing jeans and a nice tee shirt. And a shortie robe. You could easily tell I was fully clothed.

The door bell rang and I ran to answer it, past my father on the sofa. I told date I was almost ready, went back to the bathroom and finished -- about a minute... took off my robe and off we went.

The next day I got a stern talking to by my father. Very stern. I never got those talks -- I was the good kid. But my father wanted to impress upon me that greeting a date in my robe was WRONG WRONG WRONG. I kept explaining that I was fully dressed, and Dad kept telling me it didn't matter, greeting a man in your bathrobe was WRONG. You just didn't do that. Actually I believe what he kept saying is "we do not do that in this house."

Father = rock on this position. You do not greet people at the door in a bathrobe.

I can't imagine what he'd think about people wandering about in grocery stores in their jammies.

And I sort of get it. I work at a condo as a janitor and people often are in their jammies to wander down the hall to the neighbors or to the lobby to get their mail, and it's a little inappropriate.

I solved the whole thin though. I sleep in the all together, and have no jammies or robe anymore. I get up and put on CLOTHING.

Old 11-23-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by non-creep View Post
In fairness that would have been the very early 90's. That was the grungy era.
1991, and I was never "grungy", lol. I worked in an office in Manhattan. I think I was a little too old to be in the grungy trend anyway.

Old 11-23-2013, 04:57 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,026,941 times
Quote:
1991, and I was never "grungy", lol. I worked in an office in Manhattan. I think I was a little too old to be in the grungy trend anyway.
I see. I just thought that was an era when people were less hung up about appearance in general?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty