Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 06:58 AM

1,741 posts, read 2,629,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Ironic.

I bet my house you're just fine and dandy with concealed carry.

Now that, I find offensive and indicative of a disturbed personality, but I bet you think its justified and "normal" and non-kooky.

Sorry, but you're quite wrong on that one. Does this mean I get to have your house?

I'm actually quite liberal and very much against guns. I also happen to think people who walk into grocery stores, restaurants, gas stations, Walmart, etc. proudly and often even menacingly displaying their guns on holsters, etc. are quite kooky.

But what on earth does my stance on guns and gun control have to do with determining my opinion on wearing pajamas in public??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 07:58 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,166,014 times
i dont really care to attract people when i'm out shopping. in fact i'd prefer to be ignored and go about my own business

Old 11-13-2013, 08:57 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,220,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
That would have been my next question - the people who leave the house in pajamas - do they get up in the mornings without showering and wear the clothes they just slept (and sweat) in for 8 (?) hours outside the house?

Or do they shower and then get BACK into their sweaty pajamas (then why not dress for real?).

It is not just that it looks odd if people walk around in stores with pajamas, it also gives me the chills to think that they wore the SAME stuff in bed and WILL again the next night. It just seems pretty dirty to me, or am I totally off here? Help me understand ...
That's why is grosses me out so much.

It is apparent that the person has not bathed, or even brushed their dirty hair, AND they are wearing dirty slept-in pajamas instead of putting on clean clothes to interact in public.

I wonder if they keep wearing those pajamas and slippers when they get home, after dragging the bottoms of their pant legs through filthy garbage and vomit in the parking lot, and walking across the tile floors outside of public restrooms that are covered in a layer of urine and fecal contamination from people walking in and out of the cesspool restrooms. Nothing like jumping back into your bed sheets with slippers and pajama bottom legs covered in public filth contamination from 300 strange people.

There is a reason people are taught to bathe and wear clean clothes and shoes in public. It is called sanitation.

When I see people wearing wrinkled pajamas they sweated in, had sex in, slept in for days, and have not washed, I step away because they seem dirty and sweaty to me.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:04 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,552,619 times
When I see someone in public wearing pajama bottoms my first thought is; Welfare Recipient.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:06 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,136,400 times
What a joke this forum is. I'm out of here.
Troll on.

Last edited by rainroosty; 11-13-2013 at 09:16 AM..

Old 11-13-2013, 09:19 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,245,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQalex View Post
Sorry, but you're quite wrong on that one. Does this mean I get to have your house?

I'm actually quite liberal and very much against guns. I also happen to think people who walk into grocery stores, restaurants, gas stations, Walmart, etc. proudly and often even menacingly displaying their guns on holsters, etc. are quite kooky.

But what on earth does my stance on guns and gun control have to do with determining my opinion on wearing pajamas in public??
I couldn't agree more. If you ask a person why, they'll probably say it's because they can.
Loose fitting bulky pj's can conceal bigger gunz. OMG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
When I see someone in public wearing pajama bottoms my first thought is; Welfare Recipient.
Oh brother.

Old 11-13-2013, 03:19 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,034,572 times
Quote:
When I became a US citizen, I went to the ceremony to get sworn in, amongst 2,000 other foreigners.

On the sheet it said "treat it like a court appearance and look neat and professional".

I saw lots of people in flip flop, tank tops and shorts. As a new citizen, I felt like throwing them out of the country, a minute before they become legal citizen.
pffft

I got called up for jury duty a couple of years ago. Knowing that I would be in a formal legal atmosphere, in the same room where a judge will sit, I wore slacks, a nice blouse and semi-dressy shoes. It wasn't on par with job interview clothing, but I was quite presentable.

I was seated in a row among people who had not shaved, looked as if they merely waved a brush over the top of their hair; some of them smelled. I suppose it might have been their tactic to try and not get picked? If so, they were clearly wrong. We were advised that the choice would be made by lottery.

What I wore must have been "bad luck clothes" because I was not only chosen to be a juror, I was picked to be on the grand jury for a term of a year. And when the judge saw me walk to the box where the chosen were told to sit, I knew my number must have been up. Seated among the unwashed masses, I saw her gimlet eye give me an appraising look and wasn't surprised when I was chosen to be the foreperson for the group

Old 11-13-2013, 03:36 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,034,572 times
Quote:
That would have been my next question - the people who leave the house in pajamas - do they get up in the mornings without showering and wear the clothes they just slept (and sweat) in for 8 (?) hours outside the house?

Or do they shower and then get BACK into their sweaty pajamas (then why not dress for real?).

It is not just that it looks odd if people walk around in stores with pajamas, it also gives me the chills to think that they wore the SAME stuff in bed and WILL again the next night. It just seems pretty dirty to me, or am I totally off here? Help me understand ...
That does sound quite gross Worse that those might be the same clothes they pulled off the floor to put back on after having sex. Dammnnnn

You can't change people, only the way you react to them. The lowest common denominator is becoming more acceptable, IMO. I find myself paying little attention to people simply because showing that you have noticed behavior that you feel betrays a low class attitude will earn you a surly look or snarling remark - or worse. It's a matter of "hey, if they want to dress like they pulled clothes from the dirty basket, or rolled out of bed and walked out the door, not my problem."

One can only lodge a formal complaint if it affects them directly. In that instance, I have said something "Dude, we have to share a cubicle. You keep coming in here with those nasty flip-flops, me having to smell your dirty feet? We're going straight to HR if that doesn't stop."

Old 11-13-2013, 05:17 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,651,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Seriously. We went to the theatre the other week and the people sitting in front of us had pajama pants and tshirts on. Going to the theatre is supposed to be a nice evening out, and used to be something people dressed up for. While a majority of the people still dress up, I can't' believe those who couldn't even bother to get dressed.
At least if it's a boring movie, they are ready for a slumber party.

Old 11-13-2013, 10:00 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,940,220 times
Who cares. you have to be a vain person to care what strangers think when you're picking up some milk. Unless you're trying to shag a person at the store, what is the point of making yourself up for that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty