Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 04:28 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,748,927 times

Advertisements

Why do people do that ?

poor upbringing !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 04:32 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
Is that how your parents raised you?
Did they send you to school in PJ's ?
My parents raised me to be a productive citizen and focus on the more important things in life. They also raised me to make my own decisions, and live by those consequences. They're both excellent people who raised three successful children, but I guess they should have worried more about yoga pants. I'll be certain to let them know where they went wrong.

Did I go to school in PJ's? A few times, yes. I actually took my SATs in pjs because I overslept and I got a 1510 without any prep or studying... I guess the PJs didn't hamper me too much

Old 11-12-2013, 04:56 PM

1,741 posts, read 2,629,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I bath, comb my hair and wash my clothing regularly.

I have plenty of self respect and pride

What's the difference between wearing pj pants/yoga pants and jeggings to the store? They're both the same material, but one is considered 'trashy' and one is considered fine. I don't see why me wearing black yoga pants and a fleece jacket to walk half a block to the store to pick up some tortillas is such a pearl clutching event.

Mind your own business.
Actually, jeggings are debatable as suitable attire as well. They along with mom jeans and the Snuggie have been the object of considerable ridicule in recent years.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:01 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,031,799 times
Quote:
I bath, comb my hair and wash my clothing regularly.

I have plenty of self respect and pride

What's the difference between wearing pj pants/yoga pants and jeggings to the store? They're both the same material, but one is considered 'trashy' and one is considered fine. I don't see why me wearing black yoga pants and a fleece jacket to walk half a block to the store to pick up some tortillas is such a pearl clutching event.
So as someone else asked, do you bathe and then put back on your dirty pajamas? Or do you put on a clean pair of pajamas and then come home and change into another pair that aren't dirty from being outside?

I own pajama pants, yoga pants and jeggings. My jeggings are nothing like the other two. They have actual structure to them, and look like skinny jeans.

Also, I don't know anyone who wears jeggings to bed, so they don't give off the appearance that you just rolled out of bed and left the house without bathing, brushing your teeth, etc.

Maybe you are confusing jeggings with pajama jeans?

Old 11-12-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQalex View Post
Actually, jeggings are debatable as suitable attire as well. They along with mom jeans and the Snuggie have been the object of considerable ridicule in recent years.
It's a good thing I don't base my attire on 'possible ridicule by strangers'

Old 11-12-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
So as someone else asked, do you bathe and then put back on your dirty pajamas? Or do you put on a clean pair of pajamas and then come home and change into another pair that aren't dirty from being outside?

I own pajama pants, yoga pants and jeggings. My jeggings are nothing like the other two. They have actual structure to them, and look like skinny jeans.

Also, I don't know anyone who wears jeggings to bed, so they don't give off the appearance that you just rolled out of bed and left the house without bathing, brushing your teeth, etc.

Maybe you are confusing jeggings with pajama jeans?
Jeggings are 'jean leggings'...I do have leggings that have a denim-like pattern on them, I also have a pair of black ones that I wear with tunic dresses and boots. I have worn leggings to bed when it was cold...so does that make them pajamas? Right now I'm wearing patterned leggings with a cotton dress and sweater, I have worn these same leggings to bed before when it was cold.

Maybe I'm just not going outside and rolling in filth, because when I come home I'm pretty clean. Usually when I run down to the store in my 'pjs' it's because I'm cleaning the house, or doing homework or lounging around and need to run to the store for something. Why would I get dressed and dirty up a perfectly good outfit just to walk half a block for milk?

I don't own pajama pants, though...

Old 11-12-2013, 05:08 PM

1,741 posts, read 2,629,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

You don't guide me on what I say or think or do.
The picture I was shown in this thread shows someone in some weird other clothing, not pajamas at all.

Here...just for you:
I wasn't trying to do any of what you accuse me of. I was merely pointing out the absurdity in your thinking that what you consider to be a 'nicer' style of pajamas is any less an egregious fashion faux pas than what you consider trashy, when both are items that most sane people don't think should be worn outside of the house, and therefore a person wearing them is seen as a kook for wearing them in public no matter what. Most sane people don't think 'Oh, that person has on some nice silk pajamas, so they aren't that crazy after all.' They immediately think something like 'Good God, how can anyone with self-respect wear their pajamas as a piece of normal clothing in public.' They make no distinctions, no matter what you think.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Actually, jeggings are debatable as suitable attire as well.
It depends on the type. I have this pair, and have always gotten a lot of compliments even though they're just a cheap pair.
Mossimo Supply Co. Juniors Denim Legging - Assor... : Target

I know there are some that are sold in the hosiery section of department stores that are considered questionable. Hue makes some jeggings that have fake pockets, zippers, and buttons. Those look horrible.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Most sane people don't think 'Oh, that person has on some nice silk pajamas, so they aren't that crazy after all.'
I actually think I'd find a person wearing their silk pajama set to the store more crazy then someone wearing their Hello Kitty pajama bottoms and a tank top or t shirt to the store.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Jeggings are 'jean leggings'...I do have leggings that have a denim-like pattern on them, I also have a pair of black ones that I wear with tunic dresses and boots. I have worn leggings to bed when it was cold...so does that make them pajamas? Right now I'm wearing patterned leggings with a cotton dress and sweater, I have worn these same leggings to bed before when it was cold.
My jeggings are actual jeans, just shaped like leggings. Not leggings with a jean pattern.

When people are talking about wearing pajamas to go shopping in, they are not talking about acceptable clothing that you just so happened to sleep in every now and then. We are talking about Pajamas that are sold in the sleepwear section of department stores or stores like Victoria Secrets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty