Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 05:50 AM

641 posts, read 1,021,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubs View Post
It makes you look 0 attractive specially women
women dont really care what YOU think though....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 06:31 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,930,757 times
1. I live in southern calif. I have never seen any one in stores here wearing PJs.
Not even in Starbucks.
There is a GYM very close by so folks are naturally wearing their work out clothes ,some even have chiffon tops and skirts they wear over their yoga pants.
I think it's quite tasteful.
I don't wear PJs,but I wear sweats to bed in the event I have to deal with some emergency out side at least I'm partially dressed.
But in public my standard is black T shirt and jeans or Levis and tennis shoes. I wear the same to church as well.
Not many dress up for church any more except on holidays and easter of course ,I never change, much.
Being worried about what some one else is wearing , isn't that a bit like pushing one's atheism ,or faith, on others ?

Old 11-12-2013, 06:47 AM

22,599 posts, read 47,698,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Seriously. We went to the theatre the other week and the people sitting in front of us had pajama pants and tshirts on. Going to the theatre is supposed to be a nice evening out, and used to be something people dressed up for. While a majority of the people still dress up, I can't' believe those who couldn't even bother to get dressed.
If they sleep nude, they DID get dressed!

Old 11-12-2013, 07:03 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,957,954 times
So out of curiosity, is the issue the pattern? The material? The thought that they just rolled out of bed or are about to roll into bed?

If someone is like a previous poster mentioned, wears sweat pants to bed, but went to the store in them, is that a no no or because you can't tell he slept in them then its okay?

If someone wears flannel pjs but takes the time to do their hair and put on makeup, is that okay or does the teddy bear pattern and flannel cancel that out?

Old 11-12-2013, 07:47 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,094,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
No Chinese under the age of 50 will go shopping in pajamas in the cities. The grannies, they don't care, nor do people who see them.

People in Shanghai and Hong Kong are dressed way better those in NYC and LA.
I saw many " young women " already maybe in their 30's who were in their pj's in Vanguard and Walmart. Yes, odd because most Chinese women are even usually over dressed ( cocktail dress ) but I guess there are still those who do not care to be under dressed.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:03 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,911,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I agree with the original poster on this statement. Feel free to wear what you want when you want, but remember there is a time and place for everything. Personally, pajama pants and shorts stay at home.

Its not all that difficult to slip on khaki shorts or a pair of jeans before heading outside to go shopping. It takes only 30 seconds, and will save you a truckload of embarrassment.

Besides walmart, most other shops in my town feature appropriately dressed individuals. I don't see what the original poster is talking about very often. At the same time, I am aware that such things exist in other areas.
I work at Walmart and, yes, I do sometimes see people in PJ bottoms. It really isn't all that common here though. However, I see these SAME people at the other stores in town as well. Why Walmart gets picked on the most, I don't know. Yesterday I saw two women who were both wearing PJ bottoms. One was 'seasonally appropriate' in Christmas designs and the other for Valentine's. I decided she was either 'early or late'. LOL I'm still waiting for a People of Safeway website.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:09 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,192,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
it is not about freedom, it is about respect and appropriateness

What will you think if someone wear flip flops and shorts to your wedding, or funeral of your relative? Will you still think "well, it is his freedom"? It shouldn't impact your life either, should it?

Since I live in a beach area I would have 2 different viewpoints on this:
#1 Show up at a wedding in shorts and flip flops. Don't plan on getting admitted to the reception.
#2 Show up at a funeral in shorts and flip flops At least you cared enough to show up and show respect for the deceased and their family.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:11 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,044,036 times
Please consider that the pj wearers don't care about you or what you think is attractive.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:11 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,220,188 times
When they have "bed head" hair sticking straight up on the back of their head, they get bonus points for authenticity.

I just saw a guy in Lowes 2 days ago with flannel pajamas, slippers and bed head.

WTF is wrong with people? Have they really given up that much?

Old 11-12-2013, 08:55 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,930,757 times
The wife probably kicked him out of bed ,yelling at him to get busy with some remodeling he promised to get to done.
Yes dear , yes dear, I'm on my way ,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty