Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 04:57 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,601,408 times

Advertisements

I love my bathrobe. It's a very heavy soft t-shirt knit, wraps, lower calf length, with big pockets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 07:18 PM

2,756 posts, read 4,412,167 times
PJ's +/- bathrobe until time for shower. Why bother?

Old 11-26-2013, 08:06 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,857,834 times
spring, summer and early fall - shorts ( commando) and t shirt , flip flops
late fall to early spring - sweat pants( commando) , long sleeve t shirt slippers

I really don't like wearing good clothes around the house and they can get ruined when I am cleaning with bleach or working in them .

Old 11-26-2013, 08:15 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arianna143 View Post
I love to wear a short skirt, no-bra, and a tank top. But sometimes I also love to wear some babydoll dresses when I am alone in home and no one can see me.
No sweatshirts in winter. Doesn't it get brutally cold up in Syracuse. I heard there is a nasty snowstorm bashing the area right now.

Old 11-26-2013, 09:50 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,484,037 times
Warm weather: shorts or cropped yoga pants & a T-shirt/tank top; or a little sundress

Cold weather: sweatpants or fleece pants or cotton knit lounge pants & a T-shirt/cotton knit top/sweatshirt

Old 11-27-2013, 12:05 AM

2,898 posts, read 6,348,614 times
Like most, shorts & a short-sleeved tee, no matter where I've lived. In Denver/Boston/NYC, I adjusted my indoor temp so that I could wear the same, hence my $200/mo heating bills. I grew up in freezing houses, I hate it... cold = pain to me, I pay for it, I want it warm (80 is good). Not an issue in SoCal, but that $200 saved in utilities only goes to rent.

I also only wear slippers/indoor sandals at home & have guests leave their shoes at the door. Since I'm often on the floor (sitting, yoga) I prefer that the dregs from the street not be dragged through my home. I'm a bit of a neat freak. Okay, a lot of a neat freak.

As far as the title & schlepping... I do feel like a schlep & depressed if I'm lazing about in old, baggy clothing I wouldn't wear outside, so since my look directly affects my mood, I don't do the whole makeup/hair thing if staying in, but could run out for an errand as is... although I always change to something a bit nicer (skirt/jeans) to do so. Of course, like others have said, if I'm painting, cleaning, doing a major cooking/baking project, I might use an ex's comfy, paint stained tee (I call them my haircolor shirts) so that if I get a stain, I don't care. Once finished working, on with a nicer tee.

I like Julian's taco gear... but that's dangerous... an utter chick magnet.

Old 11-27-2013, 12:39 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,840,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post

Summer: loose shorts or a skirt, no bra, baggy t-shirt, barefoot.
Winter: sweats or flannel pj bottoms, no bra, baggy t-shirt, socks or slippers.
pretty much the same, although I prefer tank tops in the summer, sports capris most of the time except when it's really cold then sweats, and sports bra.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:36 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,043 times
Same clothes than when people sees me. I wear what I want no matter alone or in company.

Old 11-27-2013, 04:46 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times
From what some of you are wearing in winter, your house temperatures must be really warm. I am suspecting mid-high 70s. I usually set my heat in the mid-upper 60s and let long sleeves do rest of the warm up work in winter. Thankfully its warm and humid here today. 66F and rainy.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:42 AM

2,714 posts, read 3,043,461 times
In Winter (December to March): Usually sweat shirts (sometimes t-shirts), trousers, socks

Transitional seasons (April to May, October to November): T-shirt (sweatshirts on colder days), trousers (or shorts on warmer days), socks or barefeet on warmer days

Summer (June to September): T-shirt or shirtless, shorts or bathing suit (on hot days), rarely nothing..
And mostly barefeet, i only wear socks in summer @work.

Heating in winter is mostly set to 20-22°C (68-72°F), C/A is almost unheard of in Germany.. so if it gets too hot there's only a fan available (luckily rarely the case here at the coast).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty