Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 09:27 AM

543 posts, read 943,980 times

Advertisements

From a purely physical perspective...
Lets say you see a man at the gas station filling his car.

What attracts you more-face(eyes,smile,hair) or physique(biceps, triceps, abs).

I have asked a similar question before(check my history) because my sister and one of her friends shocked me when they said THEY COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT THE MUSCLE CONTENT.

I work out thrice a week and I see, honestly, women clawing over a man with six peck abs and tans. I see it.
Be honest. I am not asking you to answer for all womenhood.
How much do muscle turn you on? Like Stallone and Arnie muscles. Pure protein.
Like Brad Pitt in Troy. Will you faint? Will you just take them home?

From a PURELY PHYSICAL PERSPECTIVE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 09:34 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,981,005 times
Thrice ....

Muscles are great. But if the head is not attractive or he looks greasy or douchy, then I don't care about the muscles.

I don't just take anybody home. But a big biceps/triceps are a huge turn on for me. So if I would randomly sit across the table of a guy with muscular arms, where the veins pop out, I might get distracted and slide off my chair. I would give him a compliment and leave it at that. It doesn't make me sleep with a guy, since I need a mental connection as well.

My last bf was very handsome and very muscular. I couldn't keep myself from touching his arms and yes, in the beginning I was close to fainting. I was sweating and shivering a little bit when we weren't together yet and just talking

Old 02-21-2014, 09:42 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
My opinion? I think you enjoy looking at and thinking about the male body. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:45 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,805,785 times
I think everyone is different... but I tend to look at face. The first thing that will attract me is a friendly smile. It's not that I don't notice a good body, but just because a man has a good body doesn't mean he's going to be friendly. I've never met a guy who smiled who wasn't friendly. It's like an open invitation to talk to him.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:50 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
I might glance, but what a guy physically looks like has never made me go weak in the knees or anything. Muscles are meh to me...could take em or leave em, but I usually prefer a slightly overweight guy to one with muscles.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:54 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
You've asked this question before, OP, and most people agree that you're expecting women to have the same reaction to a nice bod as a horny young guy would. Most women can appreciate a guy who works out, but in general, it's not just looking at a body that flips the switch for women.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:03 AM

32,659 posts, read 48,067,543 times
I would not expect to be seeing the abs of a man filling his car with gasoline. If I am seeing his abs, I would be wondering is maybe he is some sort of loony.

You know the ad where the body builder is happy directing traffic. That is way too much and rather disgusting looking. I always assume men that look like that are both gay and narcissistic.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:07 AM

37,624 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You've asked this question before, OP, and most people agree that you're expecting women to have the same reaction to a nice bod as a horny young guy would. Most women can appreciate a guy who works out, but in general, it's not just looking at a body that flips the switch for women.
THIS! 100 times this. How many times does this have to be said here for you guys to grasp it???? Needs to be a damn sticky.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:10 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
I like muscles, especially pecs, muscly arms, and strong-looking legs, but I don't care much for major lats, traps (NO huge necks please), tans, or much vascularity. I am tall, so the beefy guys who impress me are generally very tall, like Joe Manganiello and Kevin Durand. If they are shorter they tend to be more stocky, like Vin Diesel, and I am not as attracted to that short-legged mesomorph shape. But any of them in person would probably make me flee, or any guy who is really chiseled and buff, because that's just way out of my league. That's like staring through a window into a restaurant and watching people eat: just move along.

A fit suburban dad type pushing a lawn mower or pumping gas, I'll check out a little. If he looks back I can smile as I look away, but I don't generally hold eye contact with strangers. I'm fairly nearsighted, so from a distance (like at the gas station) I am not looking at your face.

Fake tans and lots of veins, I never like.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:13 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
THIS! 100 times this. How many times does this have to be said here for you guys to grasp it???? Needs to be a damn sticky.
They're projecting. They can't imagine NOT being immediately turned on by a 'hot chick' so they just cannot fathom women not responding the exact same way. I guess I feel the same way though, I don't understand how a guy would want to date/sleep with a woman based solely on what she looks like. That doesn't make ANY sense to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty