Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 07:10 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Somewhat similar to yours though ...thin long sleeve crew neck shirt with dark jeans, but rarely a belt and no jacket along with sneakers.

Those button styles look kind of different. I never seen them at stores before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 09:11 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Those button styles look kind of different. I never seen them at stores before.
It's online only. I haven't seen any sold at the stores.

Old 03-24-2014, 05:28 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,760,165 times
-2F, back into the lined hoodie and quilted Carhartt coveralls we go......

Big storm coming for New England, get ready, Adi.

Old 03-24-2014, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
-2F, back into the lined hoodie and quilted Carhartt coveralls we go......

Big storm coming for New England, get ready, Adi.
The storm will not dump much on us, only around 4". That's not much considering we have seen much worse.

It was 17.5 F here when I woke up, and predicted low was around 22 F. If this holds up, we might see a All time record breaking single digit low this week. My pond has frozen up yet again.

I will also be wearing a lined hoodie today. This weather honestly Stinks .

Old 03-24-2014, 09:00 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
I've got one more day of sun before the rain rolls in. So today is a preppy spring outfit: dark orange skirt, navy/khaki peplum top, light colored python peep toed slingback sandals.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:27 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
I'm trying not to add to my wardrobe until my closet in the master suite is completed. And being that it's still cold, with snow expected this week, I'm living in denim, cowboy boots and thermals. I'm looking forward to warmer weather just so I can go walking with my little one(s). Heck, I'm dreading the soccer fields because I know it's going to be bitterly cold. The kids and I will be decked out in Under Armour cold gear.

Old 03-25-2014, 06:14 AM

Wife, best wishes on the new closet!

Today is a rerun of yesterday, we were only supposed to go down to 9F last night but woke again to -2F

I can only go out in rubber soled boots because of all the ice, looking forward to my leather soled boots soon

Old 03-25-2014, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Wife, best wishes on the new closet!

Today is a rerun of yesterday, we were only supposed to go down to 9F last night but woke again to -2F

I can only go out in rubber soled boots because of all the ice, looking forward to my leather soled boots soon
I feel your pain. Hope it warms up soon. It is 16 F here right now, and we are supposed to see snow, yet again .

Old 03-25-2014, 07:14 AM

And wind! Get ready, Adi!

Old 03-25-2014, 07:59 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelcake4 View Post
I can't WAIT to get more of my spring stuff on!

Among my favorites:
Stripes, polka dots
I have a fabulous JCrew dress in lime with cream/white polka dots. I also bought a couple of very light cotton (button down) shirts: one with light green stripes and the other with coral stripes.

I have to admit, I'm surprised how long this chilly weather is lingering in Austin - it is prompting me to be more creative with the spring stuff and simply layer it so the polka dots are worn under cardigans and V necks sweaters, denim jackets, etc.

I'm also loving bright yellow. Mixing patterns is great, too. I'm going to pull out a fun strapless dress that is red polka dot on the upper and orange/yellow stripe pattern on the lower half.

I just did my nails (hands/feet) a bright yellow, which I love. I was looking forward to wearing my new Born sandals (thanks to all the fabulous advice from City-Data posters) and now it's too chilly to wear them!

Soon, soon, soon!
I just bought the CUTEST Born sandals - turquoise straps with cork platform heels! I can't wait to wear them! Like you, I live in Texas and am still waiting for Spring to really, truly spring. Today may be the day to wear those sandals though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty