Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2014, 09:35 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,739,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Remained 100% vegan ever since birth
That might be part of your problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 10:05 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
To MissLexi. Here is what I do everyday to stay healthy:

Shower in the morning with coconut oil and use sandalwood powder
Lift weights every afternoon and use deodorant afterwards
Keep myself well hydrated
Remained 100% vegan ever since birth

Do I in Anyway look attractive ? Judging by the opinion of CD posters, its a loud and clear No.

So get on with stuff, there are more important things to do for me than look good for attracting potential wives.

I will care about looks when needed.
You're going to have an arranged marriage, though, right? So your looks won't even matter.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLexi25 View Post
I honestly can't imagine anyone looking better obese since it usually makes your face look bloated. A lot of women look better when they are full figured(Christina Hendricks) or curvy.

The only thing in my experience that hinders someones facial aesthetics is acne, and with amount of acne regimes available today I don't think its impossible for the majority of people to control theirs. Also beauty is the eye beholder, that ugly face could be beautiful to someone else. If you take care yourself to the fullest you may not turn into a supermodel but you let your true natural beauty shine brighter. If at your best your still not good enough for society's strict standard of beauty then you can't let that get to you. There is more to a person's beauty then what is on the outside as many have pointed out.
There is a newscaster in my market who is, by any standard, obese. There is no other way to say it. Yet she is also one of the most beautiful women on TV, and there are a whole lot of men (and women) who agree with me. She is very curvy, but her intelligence and fun personality also shine through, and she stays popular no matter what other pretty and handsome faces come and go around her. People can be, and are, overweight and attractive.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:30 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,210,024 times
i try to take more pride in my appearance than i have in the past. eating healthy most of the time, exercising, trying to beef up my wardrobe a bit.

it's true, most people in america don't care, just like most people in america are fat. it really is a rather similar correlation. you need to work harder to look presentable when you're obese. but why do that when you can hide behind the go-to excuses such as kids, marriage, work, no time, etc?

i am not currently looking for a potential mate, so i do it for me.

that's fine with me if others are setting the bar low....it makes my self-improvement quest easier.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:41 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Look at Jennifer Hudson. Most people say she had a prettier face when she was obese.

Not sure if she looked prettier before but even if - she is one in a million. Let's not talk about exceptions of the rule.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:53 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,215,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You're going to have an arranged marriage, though, right? So your looks won't even matter.
Yup. Gotta love life in that regard. At least someone out there will be able to overcome my bad looks and appreciate me for other reasons.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Yup. Gotta love life in that regard. At least someone out there will be able to overcome my bad looks and appreciate me for other reasons.
There is a lot to be said for that tradition.

Old 06-19-2014, 12:33 PM

241 posts, read 360,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Look at Jennifer Hudson. Most people say she had a prettier face when she was obese.

My face tends to look haggard when i am under 190 lbs.

I am extreme pear shaped,and that has something to do with it.

I do notice,as you have,that Latino women are the best dressed,and that holds true even in Nj.

Its classy,but they do have their days when they are dressed too skimpy.
They always told me "if you it,flaunt it".
I guess thats just a matter of opinion because I think Jennifer Hudson looks much better after she lost the weight. For me health trumps all, even if I looked prettier when I was overweight I would still the lost the weight because I know if I didn't it wouldn't good for me in the long run. Some women carry extra weight really well, especially if most of it goes to their hips or breast. We all have different body types, if you are healthy and feel comfortable about yours then rock on.

Last edited by MissLadyLexi25; 06-19-2014 at 12:42 PM..

Old 06-19-2014, 12:40 PM

241 posts, read 360,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
There is a newscaster in my market who is, by any standard, obese. There is no other way to say it. Yet she is also one of the most beautiful women on TV, and there are a whole lot of men (and women) who agree with me. She is very curvy, but her intelligence and fun personality also shine through, and she stays popular no matter what other pretty and handsome faces come and go around her. People can be, and are, overweight and attractive.
Your newscaster sounds like a wonderful lady. I was going to start another thread about this, but personality, carrying yourself with dignity, and a good attitude can add to your attractiveness. I think a lot of people in this thread mistakenly believe because I am focusing on bettering your outer appearance, I don't value the importance of inner beauty. I have known some women over the years who had repulsive personalities or nothing going for them yet because they had big boobs they still felt like they deserved the world. Once those boobs began to sag they almost all became lonely and bitter. They all used their looks as a clutch to attract people to them, once that beauty of their faded away they could no longer depend on their looks to get them ahead. I always thought if they had simply developed more of a personality, had hobbies, and carried themselves more with dignity and class then perhaps they wouldn't have ended being alone and bitter.

In regards to people looking better when bigger, yes that is true. Some women carry their weight extremely well, however my health and my wellbeing like I said above trumps all.

Old 06-19-2014, 12:57 PM

22,859 posts, read 6,441,299 times
At this point I try to look good....for my age...67.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty