Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2014, 07:01 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLexi25 View Post
For me as long as a guy's face isn't deformed or covered in acne I always find fit athletic guys attractive. Your right about the Portugal team though !
Hopefully they will lose their next game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 07:21 AM

144 posts, read 184,853 times
Quote:
No I am talking about in terms of putting effort in how they dress, or present themselves. Granted a lot of teens aren't exactely what I would classify as "classy," but behavior is not what I am talking about. Elderly women are probably the best at the examplifying modest and classy behavior that so many lack today.
Anyways look as pictures of people from the 50s/60s, everybody was pretty then because of the way they adorned themselves so nicely.
We've sort of lost that value in our society. So you'll feel lucky anytime you meet a pleasant person.:3

Old 06-18-2014, 07:36 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I will gladly take your share. I'm a big fan!
Haha - share with me, Lucy! I am a mascara addict....

Old 06-18-2014, 07:46 AM

513 posts, read 737,329 times
Default I work with 30 yo to 50-something yo

There is one lady, our office manager, who wears some makeup to work other than me. These are average-looking young ladies, but truthfully, they could really use a little help--they come in with damp hair, no makeup, frumpy clothes, sometimes flip-flops when we don't have patients. Over lunch one day, I said I do put on makeup to go out and mostly I got responses like "I don't have time to do that!" Told them my routine takes 5-6 minutes--longer if I wash and dry my hair, of course. I don't understand it! (My mother put on lipstick to go pick up the mail.)

Old 06-18-2014, 08:29 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Another thread equating lack of attractiveness to overweight. That often has nothing to do with it. Average-looking isn't enough. There are loads of average-looking people (yes, who are trim, have good grooming, and dress at least decently, some dress stylishly) who can't get anywhere with dating. This post is so overly-simplistic, it's useless as advice.
I agree some statements do seem to be making that usual argument.

Quote:
You are missing what I am saying, I already said many times that you shouldn't put in the extra work in your appearance solely for the opposite sex or to get dates but for YOURSELF. This country has an obesity epidemic we can't no longer tolerate all this pc sensitivity to make people feel better. If people are so open in denouncing being anorexia as being unhealthy and unattractive why can't with obesity or excessive fat? Neither is attractive or healthy.
Please don't try to equate the two unless you are going to refer to morbid obesity as it relates to anorexia otherwise being overweight or consider obese which varies, aren't the same by any means. You can have fat on the body and still be quite healthy, but being anorexic, one is clearly at deaths door, which is why many times an intervention or hospitalization is required.

There are arguments to be made against obesity, but the comparison of the two being overweight and anorexia isn't one that stands up by any means just because one doesn't like how someone that is carrying a bit more weight looks to you and others. overweight/obese and being underweight needing to gain some poundage not a death sentence. Morbid obesity = likely death sentence anorexia = for sure a death sentence

Personally, I'm overweight/obese by scale measurements, but I know I walk the streets make a far better appearance than most people, thin or not, I come across on a day to day basis. Not that living in my area that's saying much, but, I believe I present well when I go out in public. Well there was that time I was dumpster diving that I wasn't looking so great, I kind of looking like a homeless person.

Anyway, I do realize this thread isn't about size issues, but about how many don't make an effort to take care of how they dress, but, some here have decided to use just being fat as grounds for being unattractive and I disagree and I would take issue even if I wasn't a fat chica. Those that just want to use every opportunity to bring up fatness in every thread on the F&B threads, well, I have nothing to say to you, you'll think and say as you wish no matter what; I'm not going to try to sway your thoughts, there are already enough people in life that have views that make the world a place where there's room enough for all degrees of beauty in the eye of the beholder. Thankfully, I encounter such people often.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:37 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,445,216 times
My son recently commented how unattractive most women are if they don't wear makeup.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:51 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,279,089 times
Quote:
No I am talking about in terms of putting effort in how they dress, or present themselves. Granted a lot of teens aren't exactely what I would classify as "classy," but behavior is not what I am talking about. Elderly women are probably the best at the examplifying modest and classy behavior that so many lack today.
Anyways look as pictures of people from the 50s/60s, everybody was pretty then because of the way they adorned themselves so nicely.

Perhaps this is due to the lack of modern conveniences that rule our lives today. People of that era had to move more. Their food also were not filled with chemicals.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:55 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,737,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Oh and she's dead wrong. I know a lot of ugly women, they may not be ugly on the outside but inside they are vile.
I'm going to endorse this 100%. I have some very good looking guy friends that would easily agree with me on this one. Us men tend to compromise on the looks portion in favor of women that are cool, chill and laid back with positive attitudes for life. Fun, outgoing and seem to turn dull or negative moments into fun positive ones.

We could certainly careless about looks when the woman in question is negative all day long. There is nothing worse than a negative, stuck-up, prude, rude, I'm better than everyone attitude.

Looks are only half of it, by a long shot.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:06 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyst View Post
There is one lady, our office manager, who wears some makeup to work other than me. These are average-looking young ladies, but truthfully, they could really use a little help--they come in with damp hair, no makeup, frumpy clothes, sometimes flip-flops when we don't have patients. Over lunch one day, I said I do put on makeup to go out and mostly I got responses like "I don't have time to do that!" Told them my routine takes 5-6 minutes--longer if I wash and dry my hair, of course. I don't understand it! (My mother put on lipstick to go pick up the mail.)
Honestly, I am just not interested in wearing make-up. I exercise, keep my hair nicely trimmed, eat a healthy diet, and dress neatly. If that's not good enough, people can sod off.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:14 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,737,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Honestly, I am just not interested in wearing make-up. I exercise, keep my hair nicely trimmed, eat a healthy diet, and dress neatly. If that's not good enough, people can sod off.
I find women that need makeup to do anything have low self-esteem or other mental issues going on.

Some women will use it to "cover up" blemishes or whatever, but honestly as a guy I really don't care about blemishes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty