Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 11:24 AM

863 posts, read 1,196,857 times

Advertisements

Well, I figured I'd chip in some moral support and include a pic. It's a couple of years old now and the beard's gotten a bit longer but I'm too lazy to upload a new one

photo hosting

.....and I know I'd probably get a lot more "action" if I trimmed it up or got rid of it completely but I'm pretty sure my wife wouldn't approve.

The only thing I dislike about my beard are the Duck Dynasty parallels. I had it long before America ever heard of those guys....I will admit though, since them, people seem to be more accepting of the bearded among us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 12:36 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,106,864 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted.

Dude, I just shaved my van dyke and goatee off about a week ago and now I'm just sporting a mustache.

I just felt that I had too much gray now that it makes me look ten years older but mustache is still 80-85% dark so it looks more distinguished and less "old".

However, if you think the ZZ Top look works for you, then go for it but since you asked, I would say it's not flattering and you should shave it off.

Plus, it looks like you're not even trying anymore and have given up and you're far too young to quit.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-30-2014 at 07:38 AM..

Old 07-29-2014, 12:58 PM

792 posts, read 635,004 times
PLAYOFF BEARDS ALL THE WAY

I keep clean-shaven or a little stubble until the NCAA hockey tournament rolls around. By the time the NHL playoffs come, I've already got a good start on my beard.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:26 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,635,778 times
Waaay back in the 70's, the Navy allowed Sailors to have beards (thanks, Admiral Zumwalt!). I had a full beard for most of my enlistment. It looked OK, even though I didn't know how to trim it properly. My steady girlfriend liked it, or at least she said she did. These days I'd be a graybeard if I had one, so I'll leave it up to younger men to rock their beards.

Old 07-29-2014, 02:47 PM

256 posts, read 342,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post
I love beards, but not ones that resemble a wizard's.

This is my ideal beard look on myself and on another man (pretty much a stubble - no more, no less):

http://data3.whicdn.com/images/29472403/large.jpg
That is not a beard, that is trimmed facial hair. Thats like saying a landing strip is a bush.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:35 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
I don't know where you are from, but what man in his 20s and 30s does not have a beard these days. OK, a bit of an exaggeration, but it is quite fashionable in some circles to have a long beard, and I do mean long enough to obscure a bowtie.

And as far as I am concerned it sure beats those annoying circle beards (often mistakenly called goatees) and worse, the dreaded chinstrap. Personally, I am waiting for muttonchops and Vandykes to come back.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:21 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,483,735 times
I don't follow trends.....no, I don't have a beard...or tattoos...or smoke...or have a yoga mat...or go to Starbuck$...or wear a hat...or affliction shirts....or...anything else, unless it happens to be something I like that just so happens to become popular

Old 07-29-2014, 10:25 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,502,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
I don't follow trends.....no, I don't have a beard...or tattoos...or smoke...or have a yoga mat...or go to Starbuck$...or wear a hat...or affliction shirts....or...anything else, unless it happens to be something I like that just so happens to become popular
Growing a beard isn't a trend. It;s just something us bearded gents....like to do. Lol. I hate shaving, and don't have a job that requires me to shave so I say fuggit. Heh. Not to mention it's pretty sweet. It's also against my religion to shave it or my sideburns.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:30 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,483,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Growing a beard isn't a trend. It;s just something us bearded gents....like to do. Lol. I hate shaving, and don't have a job that requires me to shave so I say fuggit. Heh. Not to mention it's pretty sweet. It's also against my religion to shave it or my sideburns.

Actually it HAS become trendy though...

Old 07-29-2014, 10:36 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,502,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Actually it HAS become trendy though...
I guess maybe for some people yeah. Lots of things have become trendy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty