Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 08:44 AM

12,108 posts, read 23,286,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I was trying to think of I hated enough to voice it here earlier and I couldn't.

I hate okra.

Go!

... and pretentious douche bags.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:22 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,693,069 times
I hate women that shave off their eyebrows and then draw them back on with a black magic marker. That's even more stupid then all tattoos and those are stupid too.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:25 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Tattoos can be trashy. Anything above the neck line says, "I want to pick up trash with a chain gang" lol! But mostly I find them to be sexy on men (no opinion on women since I'm gay). But I do have that "bad boy" attraction thing

Old 12-22-2014, 10:13 AM

4,566 posts, read 5,421,205 times
I cant say that I hate tattoos, but I think its ugly to see women with all kinds of random tattoos on different parts of their bodies. I remember reading in a thread where one CD member put it best when he said "Ive never seen a woman with tattoos who wouldnt look better without the tatoos" or something like that.

I think the larger more elaborate tattoos are pretty cool though. Something like what is found here - Female Side Piece Tattoos | Inked Magazine

Random sh*t like cursive writing over the breast, or some tiny something on the wrist or ankle is "UGH". But the artwork in the link I posted above I would be like "WOW!!!!"

This is OUTSTANDING!!!: https://www.facebook.com/inkedmag/ph...type=1&theater

Old 12-22-2014, 10:49 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
What usually happens is something like this gets picked up as an underground thing, it gets some steam and then everyone starts to do it and it gets taken to an extreme, then it will die out. Sometimes it takes a long time, but it is now starting to become saturated and brought to an extreme. Already some tattoos are considered passe, like tribals and barbed wire and the named "tramp stamp" which was considered a cool lower back tattoo when it was a new thing. Someday it will be the coolest to have virgin skin with no ink at all and only old out of touch people will have things like sleeve and neck tats.

As to self expression, the tattoo is a brand of the person who inked it. If someone likes it they will ask who the "designer" is, just like any other accessory. Only thing is you can easily get rid of your bag or jacket or earrings if you want, the tat stays unless you're into lasers.
Sorry I don't follow trends. If you like something then do it or wear it regardless of what others think. Tattoos will always be around. Sure there will be times when more people are getting them or only getting certain kinds but they will stick.

I have never had someone ask me "who" gave me my tattoo. It was a design on the wall that I liked…end of story….as many tattoos are. It was my choice not because "someone" designed it or made it.

I would never waste my money on a bag or a jacket that promotes someone else's business. I think they should pay "me" to wear their things. Then again I don't give a fig about status symbols. Some people do. I feel sad for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
I cant say that I hate tattoos, but I think its ugly to see women with all kinds of random tattoos on different parts of their bodies. I remember reading in a thread where one CD member put it best when he said "Ive never seen a woman with tattoos who wouldnt look better without the tatoos" or something like that.

I think the larger more elaborate tattoos are pretty cool though. Something like what is found here - Female Side Piece Tattoos | Inked Magazine

Random sh*t like cursive writing over the breast, or some tiny something on the wrist or ankle is "UGH". But the artwork in the link I posted above I would be like "WOW!!!!"

This is OUTSTANDING!!!: https://www.facebook.com/inkedmag/ph...type=1&theater

Some very cool artwork. It may not be for me but is each person's choice to do to their body what they would like

Old 12-22-2014, 11:10 AM

307 posts, read 246,075 times
I have tattoos, but like someone else posted here, you'd never know it just by looking at me. All but one can be hidden with a T-shirt, and that one isn't very noticeable

I find women with well done, well placed tattoos extremely sexy.

My wife has tattoos, in fact we have a few matching tattoos, and she is an intelligent, wonderful, loving mother, wife and lover - I am very fortunate.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:12 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
Don't look at them! I like tattoos. I do not like all tattoos. I like MY tattoos and I am not a hooker, gangster, thug, biker, sailor...none of that. I am not a scary person. I am just a person who happens to have tattoos.

If you saw me right now you would have no idea because they are all covered up. You probably wouldn't judge me the way you are in this thread.

You may even like me enough to spend the time to get to know me. Then what if you became my friend and really liked me? What if you really liked what I do in the community. What if the fact that I volunteer with the elderly and animals really made you happy?

What if you saw the way I interact with my children and family just put a smile on your face?

My husband & I snowmobile...In our neighborhood people had a bad experience with a previous homeowner who had loud snowmobiles, rode up and down the streets just to p--- people off and even repaired them late at night and early in the morning so there is a bias against him and everyone who owns snowmobiles...
You obviously are different from the typical tattoo wearer that causes the bias...Yours don't show, you are an upstanding citizen who is making a good life for your children, family & community....Even you said you don't like all tattoos....Picture someone with tattoos down their arms, legs and face...That person usually is not the warm cuddly type therefore the bias...Try not to take it personally, I don't think the OP was talking about YOUR but you must admit ~ the more tattoos a person has the more likely they are to be a rebel with a cause...
I don't care if they have them all down their arms and legs. I do not care for facial or neck tattoos. One person being loud and disruptive does not mean all people with a snowmobile are that way.

Would I get more tattoos? Absolutely! I will still be warm and cuddly. My tattoos do not change who I am.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:22 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,450,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGalore View Post
When will this fad be over? Back in the days tattoos were for sailors, criminals, bikers, etc... Now you will see many people with tattoos when you go out in public. It's a turn off for females to have tattoos for me. Some get it all over their bodies and even faces, what is this, a freak show? Even the ones with just 1 tattoo look ridiculous, it's like a permanent unnecessary logo they are walking around with. Tattoos are self inflicted scars, nothing to be proud of.
Then only dates Jews, against their religion to have a tatoo

Old 12-22-2014, 11:35 AM

2,700 posts, read 4,940,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGalore View Post
When will this fad be over? Back in the days tattoos were for sailors, criminals, bikers, etc... Now you will see many people with tattoos when you go out in public. It's a turn off for females to have tattoos for me. Some get it all over their bodies and even faces, what is this, a freak show? Even the ones with just 1 tattoo look ridiculous, it's like a permanent unnecessary logo they are walking around with. Tattoos are self inflicted scars, nothing to be proud of.
If you are going to start a thread at least get your facts straight...

1. It is not a fad.. Tattoos have been around since man has been on earth....

2. Back in the days tattoos were for sailors, criminals, bikers, People of all walks of life have had tattoos... Winston Churchill's mother was heavily tattooed.... A few of our presidents have had tattoos... Lots of Royalty thru out the years have been tattooed.... And all walks of military have gotten tattoos....

3. Now you will see many people with tattoos when you go out in public. And you see so many people with no tattoos in public that have them covered up....

4. Some get it all over their bodies and even faces, what is this, a freak show? No it's not a freak show.. I agree a lot of face tattoos look awful, BUT the Maori's and countless other peoples have had face tattoos for eons.. It is part of their heritage and life... A rite of passage....

5. Tattoos are self inflicted scars, nothing to be proud of. Maybe they are to you.. BUT a lot of people think they are making themselves more enjoyable to look at.. Some people collect art they put up at home.. People with tattoos take their art with them.. And some of the artist that tattoo can make other artists look like 4 yr old with crayons....

So while you hate them, tons of other people like them... I for one think a tattooed lady just looks sexy as hell....

And to let you in on a little secret... A lot of people who are tattooed are the nicest, kindest, most personable people on earth.... I would rather be friends or neighbors with a person who is tattooed than one who is high all the time or a drunk, or a wife beater, or child molester, etc, etc.....

Old 12-22-2014, 11:39 AM

8,272 posts, read 8,657,742 times
I don't like them. I won't be getting one. You can do what you want. I don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty