Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 12:00 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,881,070 times

Advertisements

Another thread proving why many, many people should be denied internet access.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:07 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
I don't like them. I won't be getting one. You can do what you want. I don't care.

The OP is funny to me. It's that whole "I don't like this" *stomps foot* "Everyone should stop doing this thing I don't like!! Other people should make their choices in ways that make me more happy or comfortable! Especially women! Don't they know that when they ruin their scenery for my eyes, it's a waste??" lol...really now...

I don't like diamonds. When will people stop buying, selling, and wearing them? I don't like the color pink. No one should wear pink shirts. It offends my eyeballs. Don't get me started on men wearing hunter woodland camo or chewing tobacco. I don't like it! They should all stop. Because obviously my opinion should matter to everyone. Harumph!!

*stage whisper* Pssst....no one cares....

Oh, and for what it's worth (utterly absolutely nothing) I have tattoos, I like tattoos, and most of my friends are tattooed. Some very heavily so. These people run the gamut from wealthy individuals with very respectable professions, all the way down to the chronic makers of poor decisions that tattooed folk are sometimes assumed to be. Like any group of people...they are mostly just people. But I can tell you that some of the most monstrous human beings to ever live, hid behind a veneer of normalcy and respectability. Your average serial killer looks just like everybody else.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:11 PM

4,538 posts, read 6,449,583 times
Pam Sue Anderson, Steven Tylor and a whole lot of other celebs with Tats all have Hep C which will kill them in a slow awful deathc

Old 12-22-2014, 12:14 PM

4,538 posts, read 6,449,583 times
Actor Pamela Anderson

Best known for her Baywatch beach babe appearance, actor Pamela Anderson has been quite open about getting hep C through a tattoo needle she shared with her ex-husband, rocker Tommy Lee, according to her re-telling of the incident in 2002 to Jane magazine. Although hepatitis C might be viewed as a sexually transmitted infection, it actually spreads more easily through blood-to-blood contact. Sharing needles used for tattooing, IV drug use, or anything else is one of the biggest risk factors

Old 12-22-2014, 12:39 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,301,087 times
While I don't hate most tattoos, I definitely am tired of seeing people marked up all over. I think it started going sour for me when I saw my niece with small, big, and very large ink jobs all over her body, and she said that "it's addicting". I do not even want to understand this.
[
However, I don't think it's going away anytime too soon.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:40 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
I cant say that I hate tattoos, but I think its ugly to see women with all kinds of random tattoos on different parts of their bodies. I remember reading in a thread where one CD member put it best when he said "Ive never seen a woman with tattoos who wouldnt look better without the tatoos" or something like that.

I think the larger more elaborate tattoos are pretty cool though. Something like what is found here - Female Side Piece Tattoos | Inked Magazine

Random sh*t like cursive writing over the breast, or some tiny something on the wrist or ankle is "UGH". But the artwork in the link I posted above I would be like "WOW!!!!"

This is OUTSTANDING!!!: https://www.facebook.com/inkedmag/ph...type=1&theater
Hehehe... you'd like mine, then. I only have large ones. In fact, the one with the flowers and the birds is pretty much in the same style as the one I have that covers most of my right calf.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:43 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGalore View Post
When will this fad be over? Back in the days tattoos were for sailors, criminals, bikers, etc... Now you will see many people with tattoos when you go out in public. It's a turn off for females to have tattoos for me. Some get it all over their bodies and even faces, what is this, a freak show? Even the ones with just 1 tattoo look ridiculous, it's like a permanent unnecessary logo they are walking around with. Tattoos are self inflicted scars, nothing to be proud of.
Did you have an actual question?

You asked when this fad would be over, but it's not a fad. Perhaps more research is in order.

I'd also like to recommend the C-D blogging function if all you require is a soapbox. The purpose of a discussion thread is to have, you know, an actual discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty