Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 07:07 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times

Advertisements

Cali- yes, mom is fab! She taught me the notion of buying really well made classic pieces, and taking good care of them, and they will last forever. She came to lunch with us yesterday in a 50 year-old Christian Dior suit, tweed, with pigskin trim, that looks just as wonderful today as it did then. My father was the same way, he dressed wonderfully!
Today I am in non-fashionista mode. ripped shorts and T. I am embarking on ripping up the floor in DD room, fauxing it, and plastering and painting the walls, so that is gonna be my uniform for the next few days.... I am however, wearing a pair of Chanel double-C gold earrings!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 09:41 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibound-Yorkiemom View Post
I'll bet she is! I love animals but I am quite ignorant about birds. Does she talk? How long do they live? Is she mean?
Yes, she talks. In fact, I have three parrots, but Connie is my favorite. They all talk. She has a lifespan of approximately 40 years with proper feeding and care. She is not mean to me. However, since she is totally bonded to me, she will nip at anybody else who wants to touch her or pick her up. Sometimes I can put her on somebody elses finger and she won't bite them, but she will lean forward as far as she can and flutter her wings like mad as if to say "mom - come get me, QUICK!" The other two birds are more bonded to my husband, but I can pick them up and love them. I guess they kind of tolerate me. One of them - another conure, but a blue crown conure named Sugarbird, will give you kisses on the lips all day long and never bite, but once you put your hand near her to pick her up or pet her she will bite to kill.

Birds are very intelligent creatures. They sing, dance, talk (they mimic what they've been taught), they know commands and with sticking to topic ... they are always very fashionably dressed in their pretty colored feathers!!!

Old 01-18-2008, 10:54 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,901 times
This thread is fun!!!

Okay, will have a try. As I am a stay at home mom I use every opportunity to "dress up" when leaving the house. Dress up in a kind of "not comfy/jogging/home outfit"

Anyway today was a quite boring day - fashion like! Just wore stone washed blue jeans with some rips in them, a grey hoodie sweater with a baby comic cat on it (but it's a glittering cat!!!). Hair up in a clip. Too lazy for lenses, that's why my red glasses, no make-up.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Yes, she talks. In fact, I have three parrots, but Connie is my favorite. They all talk. She has a lifespan of approximately 40 years with proper feeding and care. She is not mean to me. However, since she is totally bonded to me, she will nip at anybody else who wants to touch her or pick her up. Sometimes I can put her on somebody elses finger and she won't bite them, but she will lean forward as far as she can and flutter her wings like mad as if to say "mom - come get me, QUICK!" The other two birds are more bonded to my husband, but I can pick them up and love them. I guess they kind of tolerate me. One of them - another conure, but a blue crown conure named Sugarbird, will give you kisses on the lips all day long and never bite, but once you put your hand near her to pick her up or pet her she will bite to kill.

Birds are very intelligent creatures. They sing, dance, talk (they mimic what they've been taught), they know commands and with sticking to topic ... they are always very fashionably dressed in their pretty colored feathers!!!
we want a pix of the bird! she sounds fab!

Old 01-18-2008, 04:37 PM

5,244 posts, read 4,709,807 times
okay, just stumbled on this thread...I'll play. Most of you have already left, but oh well. I stayed in all day because it is cold and rainy...so I wore my hair in the "mommy-do" a ponytail, wore make up and lipstick, have khaki shorts and an old olive shirt.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:05 PM

253 posts, read 1,107,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Cali- yes, mom is fab! She taught me the notion of buying really well made classic pieces, and taking good care of them, and they will last forever. She came to lunch with us yesterday in a 50 year-old Christian Dior suit, tweed, with pigskin trim, that looks just as wonderful today as it did then. My father was the same way, he dressed wonderfully!
Today I am in non-fashionista mode. ripped shorts and T. I am embarking on ripping up the floor in DD room, fauxing it, and plastering and painting the walls, so that is gonna be my uniform for the next few days.... I am however, wearing a pair of Chanel double-C gold earrings!
Your mom sounds like the real deal! I bet that suit is to die for! I wanna be your mom when I grow up!

Even when you are slumming you gotta let your inner diva peak out! Thats cool. I bet those Chanel earings are great. I keep meaning to get a pair.

I didn't wear anything so special today either. I wore what my husband& I have dubbed my "nice t!ts" dress. The reason why we named it that is that I have worn that dress on at least 3 different occasions in 3 very different places & I have actually had at least 3 different men compliment me on having "nice t!ts" The nerve! Who would ever think that is a appropiate comment to make to someone you don't know. Its only happened when I'm in NY or LA.

Anywhere else I have worn it the men are a little less bold. They just stare. Its a burnt orange & mango colored tee-shirt dress that I paid 15 bucks for. I am also wearing my Uggs today. My feet are cold & I need something that comfortable

Old 01-18-2008, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post

I am loving those birds. They sound like me! I'm quick to bite when folks get on my nerves, I'm quite colorful & I love to be in fashion & I also love outfits with feathers. Although I'm sure your birds outfits looks better than mine. That may cause me to get jealous I also sing dance & Mimic (although I'm sure the birds got me beat on these things. I am however terrible at taking commands from others.Seriously your birds sound delightful. Are they all girls? You really have to post pics! I'd love to see them!

Old 01-18-2008, 05:27 PM

LOL, some of the best stuff in my closet is vintage, or really inexpensive, if I pair it up with the designer stuff, it all looks great.
Betcha knock 'em dead in that dress Cali, sounds divine.
I am gonna have to live vicariously for the next few and read what the all the rest of the well-dressed gals that post on this thread are wearing.
My birthday is Weds, my girlfriends and I are going out, so I am already mentally thumbing through what to wear....... what fun!

Last edited by kshe95girl; 01-18-2008 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: spell

Old 01-18-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
LOL, some of the best stuff in my closet is vintage, or really inexpensive, if I pair it up with the designer stuff, it all looks great.
Betcha knock 'em dead in that dress Cali, sounds divine.
I am gonna have to live vicariously for the next few and read what the all the rest of the well-dressed gals that post on this thread are wearing.
My birthday is Weds, my girlfriends and I are going out, so I am already mentally thumbing through what to wear....... what fun!

Trust me this dress is nothing special...it just attracts some nasty men. Happy Birthday on Weds. I can't wait to hear what you'll be wearing. I'm sure it will be great!

Old 01-19-2008, 08:09 AM

859 posts, read 3,322,182 times
Yesterday to work-

Brown NY & Co dress pants, Wine Express cotton shirt, Anne Klein chocolate patten shoes, Chocolate Coach Carly handbag

At nite to Houlihan's and the movies- NY& Co Black and Rhinestone tracksuit, Puma Sneakers, Black Italian Leather handbag

Today...doing errands and then dog sitting...

probably gonna wear black Express sweat pants, white hoodie with an Italian flag on it, puma sneakers and a red Michael Kors bag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty