Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 12:46 PM

791 posts, read 2,959,593 times

Advertisements

Have you used these products and seen good results?

I am under 30 and just wanting to do as much prevention as possible and thought this would be a good start.
I'm also thinking of botox.

I would love to know what your experiences have been with either one.

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 01:08 PM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,512 times
I am in my mid 30's and have been using Retin-A for a couple of years. It was prescribed for a mild case of acne, not wrinkles, but it does wonders for my skin. I had those small bumps on my cheeks and forehead, after about 4 weeks, they were gone. I also had some sun damage, in the form of those small brown spots, that are gone as well. I hope this helps and feel free to DM me if you have any other questions about it. I am on the new Retin-A micro, it is expensive, but in my opinion, well worth it. Sorry, I don't know anything about Botox, but perhaps someone else will.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:34 PM

267 posts, read 1,836,030 times
Can you use Retin-A for crows feet? Or is it too sensitive to put the cream there? I'll be 30 in a year and I already see some light lines around my eyes. They aren't noticble to anyone but myself. I use eye cream morning and night and spf 30 moisturizer during the day. So far my skin looks great.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:43 PM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv80s View Post
Can you use Retin-A for crows feet? Or is it too sensitive to put the cream there? I'll be 30 in a year and I already see some light lines around my eyes. They aren't noticble to anyone but myself. I use eye cream morning and night and spf 30 moisturizer during the day. So far my skin looks great.
I have oily skin, so my Derm. advises me not to use a moisturizer, so the Retin-A is all that I use. As far as crows feet, it is not recommended for the eye area. I do put a touch of it near my eyes, where crows feet form, but am careful to make sure it doesn't get in the delicate area directly around my eyes.

RETIN-A MICRO

Old 02-21-2008, 10:25 AM

1,887 posts, read 7,941,301 times
I just got back from the dermatologist- I've never had acne as a teen but Im dealing with it as an adult. It doesnt happen often but when it does- it leaves pitted marks and brown spots on my face (cheeks mostly).

She prescribed the new Retin A micro and an additional spot treatment as well. Its not covered under my insurance and its pretty pricy. She started me out with 10 sample tubes and said it should last the entire 6 months, but Im wondering should I just go ahead and fill the prescription anyway?

How do you guys like it?

Old 02-21-2008, 04:08 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,106,541 times
My cousin has been using Retin-A for a few years now. And you know what? That stuff is unbelievable! I think she was in her 30's when she started using it. In the beginning her face peeled really bad. But the difference is quite incredible. The lines on her forehead disappeared. And she said it really tightens her skin. Becareful putting it around your eyes, the corners of your mouth and around your nostrile area, because it can really irritate those areas. So apply it lightly in those areas. Stay out of the sun (if possible) and wear sunscreen. The skin becomes extremely sensitive.

As far as botox, I honestly don't think you will need to get botox if you use Retin-A.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:10 PM

Oh no, peeling? Eek- I won't look to scary, will I? Will makeup irritate it? I mean I dont wear makeup often (well I dont wear foundation, powder or 'skin' makeup) but this is not the best time for my skin to have these changes LOL.

I'm moving very soon and Im doing the job interview thing so can I at least wear cover up (if I really need it) without hurting my skin?

Old 02-21-2008, 05:37 PM

342 posts, read 1,793,849 times
If you buy Retin-A from your Dematologist they have varying levels of strength. The one I bought from mine actual was to mild. But a product that I swear by is Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle/Anti-Blemish. It's main active ingredient is Retinal. Great stuff! Also, much cheaper than what you get from the Derm. plus no peeling. As far as Botox goes, I had it once 4 years ago. Never again. I hear people sing it's praises, I however had a headache for 2 weeks and hated the feeling of not being able to move my forehead. I decided after it wore off in 3 months, I would rather keep the 2 lines on my forehead. I am lucky not to have any anywhere else. Now, that was just my experience, I am sure others love it, but for me, once was enough.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:10 PM

I've tried them all- I have a drawer full of products that I can't use (but Im sure works wonders for others). Part of my problem with the neutrogena line is that they use yeast and mushroom extract- its powerful stuff but I think Im allergic to the mushroom. It makes my lungs close up! I have to stay away from that. Mushroom extract is starting to show up in some of these products more and more (I think its the 'new' thing). They work well but if you're allergic to mushroom (or yeast) you may want to skip it.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:40 PM

335 posts, read 1,533,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteblue View Post
Have you used these products and seen good results?

I am under 30 and just wanting to do as much prevention as possible and thought this would be a good start.
I'm also thinking of botox.

I would love to know what your experiences have been with either one.

Thanks!!
go for it. my motto is: do whatever you have to in order to look good while you still have your period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty