Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: About how often do you wear jeans?
Most of the Time 21 44.68%
Some of the Time 18 38.30%
Rarely 6 12.77%
Never 2 4.26%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 05:01 PM

191 posts, read 273,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
A comeback? They've never left!!
Haha true! They're still around. I just see a lot more leggings, yoga pants, sweats, and gym shorts around now. It's kinda depressing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 12:53 AM

347 posts, read 282,633 times
It's true, jeans have never left. Thank goodness.

Old 09-18-2015, 02:23 PM

191 posts, read 273,103 times
Although I do love jeans, I wouldn't mind seeing skinny jeans finally die out.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:13 PM

1,413 posts, read 1,520,072 times
As a guy, I find jeans eminently more practical than gym clothes. We need pockets.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:16 AM

347 posts, read 282,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Those Who Squirm View Post
As a guy, I find jeans eminently more practical than gym clothes. We need pockets.
Very good point.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:02 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,358,890 times
Pockets aren't only for guys- there are times when we don't want to carry purses/handbags/etc. when all we are taking along are keys and a pack of cigarettes.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:58 AM

424 posts, read 431,334 times
This is no suprise.

I ask you: has there ever been more of a "God-send" to women in the apparel industry than Yoga pants? I've seen the number of women who wear them probably double every six months for the past couple of years. And this trend it apparently not diminished in the slightest by the fact that 80% of them women who wear them have never set foot inside a Yoga class or know "downward dog" from "flying kittie." LOL. I think women primarily dig the facts that Yoga pants are stretchy--for those "bloaty" days, and are black. Which, well, you know, hides stuff. LOL.

I wonder if us guys will get something along these lines some time? I long ago tired of blue jeans--too heavy. It's khakis usually now. But I'm lucky in that I do college coaching and athletics, so I can get away with shorts or track pants fairly often. And it helps that I live in Arizona, where we're blessed with lots of sun and warm days.

Old 09-21-2015, 04:34 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,054,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I envy my son (3 years old). He has these flannel-lined jeans for winter (I'll still be wearing shorts) that are amazing.
It sounds like you are happy in your shorts, but just in case L.L. Bean does have flannel and fleece-lined pants and denim/jeans for grownups, too. My hubby has a pair that he wears when we head to the mountains in wintertime (we're in the PNW) and at high elevations it can get a bit chilly. Too chilly for shorts, so he likes his soft flannel lined jeans.

Old 09-21-2015, 04:52 PM

According to my friend who is a yoga instructor and my gynecologist - many women do not wear underwear with their yoga pants and the stretchy/thin material they make yoga pants with allows vaginal fluid to seep through and basically spread onto any surface these women sit down on.

Even with underwear, depending on the type (some women only wear the g-string type) vaginal fluid can still seep through and "escape" onto other surfaces. When my yoga instructor friend told me this, I was skeptical, so I asked my gynecologist, and she confirmed this. She said we'd be surprised what vaginal fluid ends up on due to women not wearing appropriate clothing to cover up the lady bits.

Those shorty-short-shorts that you see the young girls wearing? Just think of all the places they are spreading their vaginal fluid. So disgusting, right?

I then asked my gynecologist if you can catch anything, like STDs, etc. if you came into contact with vaginal fluid due to women not covering up their bits like that. And she said she had never read any definitive scientific proof that it has happened, but she also wouldn't rule it out. It just means that they have never gone to lengths to prove it, that she knows of. It is not something that people usually think about. Because, you know, it's disgusting. lol

There are other reasons why I think yoga pants are gross, but this is probably the main reason.

Old 09-21-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larz View Post
Although I do love jeans, I wouldn't mind seeing skinny jeans finally die out.
Me, too. Especially on men and people with a body type that is normal to averaged sized or bigger. Skinny jeans do not flatter anyone who does not have a freakish, curve-less, bean pole, super model type body. And even on that body type, skinny jeans looks odd. It just accentuates their frail-looking freakishness.

On men it just looks stupid, and makes their feet look ginormous, like clown feet. It also gives off a lame hipster/poser sort of vibe, which just makes us giggle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty