Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 04:00 AM

13,753 posts, read 13,404,138 times

Advertisements

When I heard a 100+ woman (who could pass for 65) used vegetable oil based Crisco on her face - and that's all - I was intrigued. I started using olive oil and it works really well. Coconut oil or anything like that has no petroleum oil so it's not the kind of oil that will clog your pores.

Another point - I'm probably not the only white female above a certain age who marvels at the brown skinned women my age or older who have NO WRINKLES to speak of. :O So I started wondering about the difference and read that AA women have more oil (however that happens - I'm not technical about anatomy) in their skin. Makes sense!

So my answer is: olive oil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 06:55 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,054,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCUGal View Post
My facial skin is getting ridiculously dry. I have oily skin to begin with, but I think with the change in weather, my skin is just being difficult. I'm using Eucerin now and it's not helping. Is there another moisturizer I can buy at the drugstore?

Note: I've used that stuff from Clinique and love it, but looking to save on money. TIA.
Boil the milk and apply the fat that floats on the top. My wife is beautiful and she does this often.

And coconut oil. it can cure any skin problem.

Old 11-16-2015, 07:13 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,193,790 times
I love a Lancome product that costs $160 a jar, and I cant afford it, so.... I tried Boots No.7 (available at Target, Ulta and Walgreens I think? It is about $22 a jar. Pick the one right for your 'decade'. It gets very good reviews in the UK and it is affordable. The day creams have SPF.

For bad dryness (like in the winter) I use vaseline overnight on my face, hands, etc.

Old 11-16-2015, 07:35 AM

2,030 posts, read 3,217,326 times
I use Oil of Olay Regenerist night cream, day and night. For my forehead which isn't as dry I use use CeraVe night lotion day and night also. This works good for me. I'm not in the sun a lot but if I am I use CeraVe AM SPF 30 with a dab of argan oil mixed in with the lotion.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:33 AM

466 posts, read 584,636 times
I use Monsia Skincare and one of the ingredients in the day moisturizer is jojoba esters. I read on wellnesstoday.com/beauty/15-surprising-beauty-uses-for-jojoba-oil and for this winter I have been using jojoba oil before applying my day moisturizer and vit E oil (both from Naissance/Amazon, UK) before applying my night repair cream. I've been applying the oils mainly to my neck and around my eyes and it has kept my skin hydrated and "plumped". Don't worry it is not greasy, apply a couple of drops, to the neck area and 1 drop around each eye. Oh yes, and don't forget the backs of your hands.

Old 11-16-2015, 10:42 AM

48,641 posts, read 35,131,279 times
I use coconut oil on my body, but it always makes my face break out.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-17-2015, 05:35 PM

5,400 posts, read 6,574,470 times
Try applying unscented coconut oil after a bath/shower. It's also a good leg shaving cream.
And it works as effective treatment for dry or sun damaged hair. Start with a large pea sized glob and melt it in your hand, then work into ends...leave on.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:59 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,254,185 times
When I was on vacation in the winter last year my skin wasn't adjusting to the weather. I ended up using some cetaphil lotion in a pump bottle that my sibling had. Stuff was a godsend and is fairly inexpensive.

Old 11-18-2015, 05:22 AM

25,899 posts, read 42,811,342 times
It's dry as dust here once summer is over. Right now I am loving Trader Joe's coconut body butter.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:51 AM

10,117 posts, read 19,469,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCUGal View Post
My facial skin is getting ridiculously dry. I have oily skin to begin with, but I think with the change in weather, my skin is just being difficult. I'm using Eucerin now and it's not helping. Is there another moisturizer I can buy at the drugstore?

Note: I've used that stuff from Clinique and love it, but looking to save on money. TIA.

You can buy Clinique on Ebay much cheaper, I've never had a problem. Usually people sell the samples that come as a gift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty