Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 11:52 AM

10,117 posts, read 19,479,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCUGal View Post
My facial skin is getting ridiculously dry. I have oily skin to begin with, but I think with the change in weather, my skin is just being difficult. I'm using Eucerin now and it's not helping. Is there another moisturizer I can buy at the drugstore?

Note: I've used that stuff from Clinique and love it, but looking to save on money. TIA.
Try Ebay for Clinique---much cheaper!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 10:44 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,821,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
O'keeffes if it's for hands or feet. I have horrendously beat to hell dry hands with callouses. That stuff works wonders.
I have a major problem with dry hands and feet - splits and cracks everywhere. I bought some O'Keeffe's on Monday. Today - Friday - my splits, cracks, and flaking are nearly gone. I've only used it once a day so I imagine that doing it two or three times would be even better. Worth a try. And thanks, Electrician4you, for mentioning this. Great stuff!

Old 11-20-2015, 02:44 PM

635 posts, read 759,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
What are you washing your face with?
I am using Neutrogena's Transparent Facial Bar. For some reason, I feel that the soap makes my skin more oily.

But thanks for all the suggestions! I will say I have tried Cetaphil and Cerave before. Aren't those like Eucerin?

Old 11-20-2015, 02:45 PM

920 posts, read 938,050 times
Quote:
My facial skin is getting ridiculously dry. I have oily skin to begin with, but I think with the change in weather, my skin is just being difficult. I'm using Eucerin now and it's not helping. Is there another moisturizer I can buy at the drugstore?

Note: I've used that stuff from Clinique and love it, but looking to save on money. TIA.
Coconut Oil.
I've also used Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
I never pay for moisturizer

Oh I also use http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/n...maceous-earth/
THIS IS PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR At the health food store. Takes about 24 hrs to feel the softness regarding your face. It's not a question, it is proven this is what occurs. Take about a teaspoon full and place it into a glass of water, stir it up. Thats how I used it to kill internal parasites then found the unintended benefit and haven't stopped using it.

In fact, it's time to go drink some...! I am getting a really dried face due to medication

After using natural stuff, the chemical stuff like Clinique isn't as good. You get really spoiled

Old 11-20-2015, 11:40 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,852,664 times
I used to have very dry skin and when I went to the dermatologist he suggest Vanicream. You can get it at CVS or Walgreens and is around 10 dollars for a big container. It really helped my dry skin.

Old 11-21-2015, 11:29 AM

677 posts, read 937,385 times
[quote=hunterseat;41950460]When I heard a 100+ woman (who could pass for 65) used vegetable oil based Crisco on her face - and that's all - I was intrigued. I started using olive oil and it works really well. Coconut oil or anything like that has no petroleum oil so it's not the kind of oil that will clog your pores.

Another point - I'm probably not the only white female above a certain age who marvels at the brown skinned women my age or older who have NO WRINKLES to speak of. :O So I started wondering about the difference and read that AA women have more oil (however that happens - I'm not technical about anatomy) in their skin. Makes sense!

So my answer is: olive oil [/quote

Not sure about having more oil in their skin but what is factual is AA's as well as all people of color have much more collagen & melanin in their skin than Caucasians which helps to retard aging. They also aren't sun worshippers (cause they don't have to) & that helps greatly as well.

Old 11-21-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:

Not sure which Clinique moisturizer you're referring to since they make several however they now have Dramatically Different Moisturizer "Cream", a 1oz jar is $14.50 or 1.7oz for $26.50. This cream is awesome for normal-dry skin types, makes your skin have a natural glow not a greasy shine & deeply moisturizes. You might also like their Moisture Surge "Intense" which is richer than Moisture Surge Extended $38.00. Yes you pay more but I can't dispute the quality, what good does it do to keep buying brands you're not impressed with, that's a bigger lost of revenue than going with products you were pleased with. Even though high end dept store brands never, ever go on sale you can get a bigger bang for your buck if you buy when it's "Gift with Purchase Time" (GWP), you'll receive a FREE 7 or 8pc deluxe sized samples that include a full sized lipstick. Clinique calls their gwp events "Bonus Time". To find out when the next event will take place log onto gwpaddict.com.

Btw everyone's skin is drier during the fall & winter months so it's important to change your skincare according to the season. Your cleanser is drying your skin out, Neutrogena's White Tea Foaming Cleanser is much more suitable, it foams & cleans well without sucking you dry. Good luck.

Old 11-21-2015, 12:06 PM

Current Clinique Bonus at Nordstrom.com, you'll have to hurry cause it goes away after 11/22/15. Free shipping at Nordstrom.com as well.

Old 11-21-2015, 12:14 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,432,993 times
One of the few things that has been proven scientifically to increase the level off moisture in your skin is hyaluronic acid. Neutrogena makes a good and cheap version. Then you use a regular moisturizer on top of that.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:29 PM

40 posts, read 26,528 times
I have very dry skin , i mean really dry to the point that my skin would look cracked and scratched , but ever since i started Using Nivea Body Moisturizer for very dry skin after showering my skin stays soft the whole day . It contains Almond oil which is the perfect solution to get rid of dry skin , you can apply Almond oil before going to bed it will help you a lot .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty