Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 11:26 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,163,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Okay thanks. Well in my job, I work a lot of overtime, and I get real dirty, since it's mining, and I often find myself scrubbing my face when I get home cause it's covered in dirt and oil.

And loss of sleep cause of all the overtime. So If these are the two reasons, is their anything I can do about it? I took a vacation and got lots of sleep to catch up and not be tired but I still look the same. Is their anything else I can do?
I don't know if you can make up the loss of sleep from the OT, but I would look at diet, too like trying to keep away from salty food, which can create water retention even around the eyes. Also, when you next see your doctor you could mention the eye issues because if it isn't age related, then more likely it is due to stress and stress affects more than just the skin under your eyes - it isn't good for your overall health and the doctor can maybe help you with stress management. Going on vacation is good but it's only a few days or a week out of your regular routine - you need more of a change in your regular routine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 04:59 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,073,434 times
Okay thanks. Well I have been working the same job for three years now almost, and it's hard to get more than 5-6 hours of sleep per night cause of the all the mandatory overtime, that comes with the job.

I got these things, where put them on your eye lids for 30 minutes and they really help. But I would like to know what else I could do. I mean it was said on here before that sleeping less than 7 hours a day will give me eye bags as I get older, but if I am stuck with a job that requires that, is there anything else I can do?

Old 11-10-2016, 06:31 PM

342 posts, read 438,233 times
I was consulting eye bags treatment a few days ago with a plastic surgeon. Sometimes they are noticeable but sometimes a can not really see them - depends on a light... I am 51. Plastic surgeon said no salty food at night and they will be less noticeable in the morning. But I will get rid of them surgically - no cutting lower lid just taking fat from inside the lid with laser on top to tighten.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty