Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 10:55 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,070,995 times

Advertisements

For the past few months I have noticed that they eye bags are really bad, compared to what they were two years ago. I am 31, but it seems age has caught up with me fast in the eye bag area. Is their something I can do about that, or is that likely just normal aging?

Not much is different from two years ago, other than I got a new job, and I work a lot more overtime, but that's it. Anything it could be or what I could do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2015, 06:43 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
For the past few months I have noticed that they eye bags are really bad, compared to what they were two years ago. I am 31, but it seems age has caught up with me fast in the eye bag area. Is their something I can do about that, or is that likely just normal aging?

Not much is different from two years ago, other than I got a new job, and I work a lot more overtime, but that's it. Anything it could be or what I could do?
have you had your cholesterol checked or could you have allergies to some creams you might be using...

Old 12-17-2015, 09:07 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
Sometimes they get worse when you're not getting enough sleep or if you have swelling going on all over your body. Have you had a checkup recently? Mine got bad when my blood pressure was too high, and went away after several months of being at a more normal blood pressure.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:59 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
[quote=Hedgehog_Mom;42314529]Sometimes they get worse when you're not getting enough sleep or if you have swelling going on all over your body. Have you had a checkup recently? Mine got bad when my blood pressure was too high, and went away after several months of being at a more normal blood pressure.[/QUOTE Ive had high blood pressure for over thirty years and never noticed eye bags.. water retention can cause it right enough so you might be right....

Old 12-17-2015, 11:50 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,460,224 times
You are way too young for eye bags. It is what these other posters are saying. You just got out of your 20's. You would not be experiencing orbital bone loss, collagen breakdown and fat redisposition around your eyes at this age.

Old 12-17-2015, 12:22 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Sometimes they get worse when you're not getting enough sleep or if you have swelling going on all over your body. Have you had a checkup recently? Mine got bad when my blood pressure was too high, and went away after several months of being at a more normal blood pressure.
Ive had high blood pressure for over thirty years and never noticed eye bags.. water retention can cause it right enough so you might be right....
When my BP was high, my legs and feet were swollen as well. Once I had been taking BP meds for a couple of months, the swelling went away and the bags under my eyes did too.

Old 12-17-2015, 12:29 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Eye bags are often genetic - do your parents have them? Others in your family? I myself am prone to them but they did not start becoming prominent until almost my 50s. You seem young for eye bags, unless you are overstating how "bad" they actually look. Many of us tend to scrutinize things about ourselves that others never even notice.

Certain food allergies, alcohol, smoking can all be a cause.

Try icy cucumber slices, they help mine even now in my 60s.

Old 12-17-2015, 01:05 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,995,916 times
As your skin thins, and your collegen loosens, the fat under your eyes sags....and you get bags....the older you get, the more pronounced the bagging can be. Yes...some is inherited.....some comes from tanning, smoking, drinking, weight loss or gain...you name it!

Try an eye brightening concealer in the darker areas...that helps hide them visually.

Old 12-17-2015, 01:12 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,419,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post

What do you eat?

Do you drink ANY alcohol?

Old 12-17-2015, 01:16 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
You are way too young for eye bags. It is what these other posters are saying. You just got out of your 20's. You would not be experiencing orbital bone loss, collagen breakdown and fat redisposition around your eyes at this age.
Not necessarily too young, depending on genetics. Depending on what's meant by "eye bags," people can be referring to the sag from what you are mentioning, or than be referring to puffy pouches under the eyes.

In the case of puffiness, lots of times, it's puffiness from water retention. Salt, booze, even sleeping face down or on one's side can contribute,especially if there's a genetic predisposition. Lack of sleep, too. People always attribute dark circles (also largely genetic) to lack of sleep, but often, puffiness is the result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty