Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 02:24 AM

285 posts, read 927,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appzee View Post
Do you think for a woman that is 40+ it is okay to wear tight clothes or dresses/skirts that say are above the knee? What about see-through tops? I was at the mall the other day and saw a woman that looked 40-something and she had a skirt well above the knees and a top that had significant cleavage and thought those should be reserved for the younger girls.

Another opinion from a married dude...lets say for example this is my wife wearing this type of outfit,... she prepared herself and is wearing this outfit for me her husband. I don't have a problem with that. Actually I don't have a problem with any adult dressing as they please as long as its appropriate. They are going to wear it anyway.

lets be real here, why does anyone think that a Fashion Cop, or a dimwit fashion person can tell anyone what to or not to wear? Not this dude and dude's wife. If and when I happen to see them on TV ar what ever, I critique what they wear and laugh at their stupid advice.

For me any person under the age of 18 doesn't get to have a choice as to what they wear. That is where a parent decides what is proper...or should be deciding anyway...

Last edited by Matt2225; 02-14-2016 at 02:36 AM.. Reason: because I'm 50
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 05:10 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,744,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
probably not to answer OP's question, but my question is it ok for women 40+ to wear multi bright colors? something like this? usually, we don't think of older women wearing colors like this or even a top like this, but i've seen it more these days than 10 yrs ago and it looks great.
It's ugly as sin and looks like the hoodies known as "drug rugs" worn by potheads in their teens but who cares. If you want to wear it, wear it.

Old 02-14-2016, 09:19 AM

844 posts, read 1,064,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeMargeSentMe View Post
I saw this commercial and thought it would be perfect to post here. The blond woman in this ad is 69 years old. Youthful, tasteful and pulls it off so naturally. All about the individual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=611BbUpmVmI
Are you sure she is 69? Oh boy, talking about good genetics + correct dieting and exercising. I only wish I look half as good as she does in 30something years...wow.

Old 02-14-2016, 12:27 PM

2,290 posts, read 1,434,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztecgoddess View Post
Are you sure she is 69? Oh boy, talking about good genetics + correct dieting and exercising. I only wish I look half as good as she does in 30something years...wow.
Yes, that's Peggy Lipton (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peggy_Lipton). The other woman is her real-life daughter Rashida Jones who's about to turn 40.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty