Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 08:55 PM

247 posts, read 198,041 times

Advertisements

Every body is a beautiful body!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2017, 08:56 PM

1,491 posts, read 379,169 times
I'd rather have an apple shape than really big hips. Just my preference.

Old 08-12-2017, 09:05 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzH View Post
Incase you have no idea what I'm talking about, an apple shaped body is what you have if your body stores most of its fat above the waist. So basically a pudgy belly, skinny legs and a small butt! It's the shape i have and i hate it with a passion. The fact that a tiny waist with thick shapely legs and butt are worshipped as the perfect body for a woman makes me feel so ashamed! Apple shaped bodies have fat in all the wrong places. I don't know if I'll ever accept my pudgy middle and toothpick legs. I have tried changing it with exercises to shrink my middle and pump up my butt and legs.
Sometimes when I do find myself slightly accepting my body shape i will see a woman with a pear or hour glass shape and how much better those proportions are and be right back to hating myself. We don't get to choose how our bodies are going to naturally look but if we could i bet NO ONE would choose the apple shaped body! I would choose a beautiful and proportionate hour glass shape.
Do you think i can ever accept my body?
I've seen girls and women who are overweight but take good care of themselves, good teeth, hair, makeup and dress nicely. I always thought how they look pretty and put together. A girl I worked with who was overweight did this. She had a pretty face and had beautiful eyes and took care of herself. She was well liked, fun to be around and got her man, she married a doctor. Whatever your shape stop thinking negative and work what you got. No one is perfect. If you're comparing yourself to those glossy pics, remember, they got professionals and lots of money and many had work done. Well kept is in.

Last edited by petch751; 08-12-2017 at 09:30 PM..

Old 09-12-2017, 05:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,528 times
I have an apple shaped body, 172cm tall, 86cm legs, 72cm waist and shoulders like a man! (Backstroke swimmer!). Plus a tiny butt! It's all about big perky butts now! I am not unhappy however I have cellulite on my stomach! And have tried everything to fight it!!! Short of starving myself which only makes my legs thinner I don't know what to do? Maybe lipo!?

Old 09-12-2017, 08:09 PM

4,559 posts, read 5,413,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzH View Post
Can an apple shaped body ever be beautiful?
Its possible, but highly unlikely.

It just doesnt fit in with the standard of what the majority of men find physically attractive.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:08 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,231,553 times
You know one of my best friends is completely apple shaped. Big belly, flat butt, no hips. But man she's got great boobs and extremely shapely calves (that she doesn't even have to work on...she's never been to a gym). Fortunately her features are exactly what her husband is into....

It doesn't matter what your shape is, it's hard to find flattering clothes, and supermodels make us all feel like humpty dumpty. But every body is beautiful, regardless of what the magazines say.

Old 09-13-2017, 10:21 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,470,908 times
Despite what some think, I don't believe you can change your body shape. Sure, exercise can help somewhat and it definitely helps to not be overweight. But even being at a normal weight, your body type is what it is. Weight falls where it's going to fall. So yes, losing weight is always a good thing. But other than that, try and find flattering styles just for your body shape. More importantly, eff what society thinks and learn to love yourself just the way that you are. Focus on things that you can change and accept things that you can't. I lost a lot of weight and even then what fat I did have is where it is.

Old 09-13-2017, 10:43 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,500,225 times
You determine your own personal beauty.

Old 09-15-2017, 03:58 AM

10,889 posts, read 7,376,511 times
You know, most models have apple bodies, characterized by narrow hips and small butt.

I keep telling myself that if I just lost enough weight...

Old 09-20-2017, 12:41 AM

10 posts, read 18,674 times
I too have an apple shaped body. But no concerns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty