Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 05:29 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,755 times

Advertisements

I agree 100% with saggy pants. Such a stupid look.

Does tattoos count as fashion too because I REALLLLY wish that would die a fiery death ASAP. I know that will never happen, but everytime I see someone with tattoos especially people with a ton of tattoos on them or have a tattoo sleeve etc, I immediately think they made a bad life choice. And when it comes to women and tattoos if they have anything more than a small piece on them, I will usually automatically find them less attractive than a woman who is tattoo free.

Maybe its just me, but I find tattoos on women usually detract from their natural beauty and ruins what was previously flawless. It would be like someone painting on the Mona Lisa because they think it will improve things when in actuality you're destroying what was already a masterpiece. So year tattoos, PLEASE DIE OUT!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 05:56 AM

7,682 posts, read 1,271,286 times
Saddle shoes.

When I was a kid my dad made me wear saddle shoes all the time with the mistaken notion that tying them so tight as to cut of my circulation would prevent my foot from becoming too wide.

Now as an adult I wear a 6.5 W.

Old 03-03-2016, 07:54 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwalas View Post
Awe, I've always thought this is such a sexy trend.

Anywho, I'd say saggy pants...even worse, skinny jeans with baggy crotch. Why?!?!
The main reason skinny jeans are not attractive is that many women are knock-kneed and pants that tight emphasize it. Plus, 'too high' heels make anyone walk unnaturally. By pairing those together it doesn't work.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:00 AM

780 posts, read 678,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
The main reason skinny jeans are not attractive is that many women are knock-kneed and pants that tight emphasize it. Plus, 'too high' heels make anyone walk unnaturally. By pairing those together it doesn't work.
I had to google that lol.

I can see what you're saying. I guess I was imaging those models in their skinny jeans, the long legged (straight) ones.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:11 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,017,890 times
ANYTHING from the 80's including my own clothes that I had to buy new.

I'm still kind of a hippy 70's type girl but I couldn't stand wedge heels they had for a few seasons in the mid 70's ( I don't mean platforms - loved platforms) those mid length skirts and the elephant pants another poster referred to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Grey View Post
Saddle shoes.
When I was a kid my dad made me wear saddle shoes all the time with the mistaken notion that tying them so tight as to cut of my circulation would prevent my foot from becoming too wide.
Now as an adult I wear a 6.5 W.
These too . My mom made me wear these well into grade school because someone told her they would help my flat feet ??
I still have no arch and wear an adult 7N .

Old 03-03-2016, 10:17 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
When a new fashion comes out at first its more young girls with lovely figures who wear them.. but sadly once the style is dying off some shall I say chubbier older women start to wear that fashion once its seen its day.... this really gets me... remember leggings the first time round years ago when older fatter and much fatter women found them easy to pull on and some were never seen without them... and with trainers... tragedy...

Old 03-03-2016, 11:21 AM

258 posts, read 299,786 times
Coveralls/Overalls in any variation (shortalls, etc). Unless you are a farmer or wear this doing manual labor, you look ridiculous and shapeless. I also think overalls look silly on babies and children, but I understand the need for clothing they have more difficulty in taking off.

Culottes, gaucho pants.... any incarnation of these should be forbidden.

Gold herringbone chains. Ew.

Highwaisted pants-- for 99.9% of the population, these are so unattractive. I will also include those pants that are like paper bags- gathered and belted on the top. Cute on virtually no one.

The "wet" look that was oh- so- popular in the 80's.

The "dewey skin" look of the 90's. Seriously--- you look greasy. Wash your face.

The color mauve. A particularly farty color that reminds me of my gyno's office.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:04 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,462,935 times
Default tattoo fad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
I agree 100% with saggy pants. Such a stupid look.

Does tattoos count as fashion too because I REALLLLY wish that would die a fiery death ASAP. I know that will never happen, but everytime I see someone with tattoos especially people with a ton of tattoos on them or have a tattoo sleeve etc, I immediately think they made a bad life choice. And when it comes to women and tattoos if they have anything more than a small piece on them, I will usually automatically find them less attractive than a woman who is tattoo free.

Maybe its just me, but I find tattoos on women usually detract from their natural beauty and ruins what was previously flawless.
It would be like someone painting on the Mona Lisa because they think it will improve things when in actuality you're destroying what was already a masterpiece. So year tattoos, PLEASE DIE OUT!!
I strongly agree about the tattoos, especially on a woman, they really destroy a woman's physical beauty, it's almost like they have been branded like cattle

I really hope the tattoo craze dies out especially for young women, it would be nice if the old iron on custom t-shirts came back in style and the permanent markings for a temporary feeling of tats goes out of style, I hope it happens soon.

Old 03-03-2016, 01:32 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
For guys: I agree about the saggy pants. Also, the baseball hats worn backwards. At first the hat thing looked sort of cool, but now its time for guys to move on.

For women: I guess it is tights on older ladies, like me. Unless you have a longer top or a short dress on, the tights aren't doing you any favor. I do think they are great with the shorter dresses though.

In the last century, I think I'd vote for fashions that became current right after WWII. The tight corseted waists on women look horribly uncomfortable to me. And the that look with full, full skirts is not good for any but really slim women. The men of that time wore baggy, double breasted suits, and hats, and generally looked about as attractive as old paper bags.

In the 19th century, I'd have to vote for bustles for women. So stupid. For men, the awful long beards. Ugh.

Old 03-03-2016, 03:14 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,485,479 times
Empire waist dresses. They make women look pregnant and shapeless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty