Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 01:36 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,419,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18436572 View Post
College women clothing fad is now an XL t-shirt and athletic shorts..

Today's popular fad for young women is gym shorts and an XL t-shirt. Also in style are baggy overalls and your mom's cut off jean shorts.[/color]
Here in Los Angeles, I notice the trend (at least on the campus of UCLA) is:

Yoga Pants/tights
Yoga shorts/tights
No bra
Cutoff jean short-shorts where the bottom of the butt cheeks are showing.

Nice styles. No one is complaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 02:10 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18436572 View Post
Today's popular fad for young women is gym shorts and an XL t-shirt. Also in style are baggy overalls and your mom's cut off jean shorts. Who in the right mind would think this is proper attire for anything but pajamas? I'm not "objectifying women", I'm stating that this style is absolutely terrible! It's pure laziness. Men now easily outdress women at least on campuses. Thoughts?

Mod cut: Copyrighted images.
Not at all young women. In my city not many women are walking around wearing baddy clothes or frumpy clothes. Not even at the gym.

These looks varry from place to place.

When I was university I thought based on all the TV shows and movies that showed university students in sweat shirts and track pants so I went to on my first day dressed down like that so I did not looked too flashy. LOL well I got a rude awakening. EVERYONE was dressed up!!! It is totally the opposite in my city. Lesson learned . Frumpy is not the norm. Walking around in PJ like clothes is not the norm and people will likely think you are a homeless person or a drug addict.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:44 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,529,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
. It WAS also in fashion once upon a time, for girls to wear men's boxer shorts and tshirts. So what?

Wait...people don't wear that anymore?? Oh, well, guess I'm screwed!

Old 07-08-2017, 01:20 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Back in college I alternated from dressy outfits (skirts/dresses/nice tops with jeans/button downs and some casual outfits - track pants and t-shirts. Sometimes I'd dress those track pants up too with a tank top or shell and a cardigan. I guess I was early to that athleisure trend.

Most people I remember dressing pretty casually. Jeans and t-shirts. Hoodies and track pants, stuff like that.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:55 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
Wait...people don't wear that anymore?? Oh, well, guess I'm screwed!

I say "was" because that's my knowledge base. I didn't mean "was, but never again." LOL

I personally, don't see girls in men's boxer shorts anymore. Doesn't mean it's not happening...just that I'm not seeing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty