Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 09:23 PM

19,496 posts, read 9,525,458 times

Advertisements

Our family uses the Olay - Currently - the almond milk. Light fragrance. Like the Shea version as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2018, 11:44 PM

89 posts, read 66,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
I currently have the Dove Men Clean Comfort body wash, but the moisturizing technology isn't as "mosturizing". I guess I will just stick to it. I will look into giving maybe White Rain Coconut & Hibiscus a shot this weekend. May also consider buying O'lay Shea Butter. I used the bar soap before and the moisturizing was decent I will admit.

Glad I can help man. I should try Dove products sometimes. I did use Caress Bar Soap for a while and really loved it.. never used dove soap though.

Old 02-09-2018, 06:02 AM

619 posts, read 574,890 times
Middle age female here.

I find that typically body washes, even those that promise the moon and stars, do not really moisturize.

I tend to buy the big "refill" bottles of liquid soap at the pharmacy and use that to shower, then Pat on body lotion or coconut oil.

If you can stand taking cooker showers, that will help with the dry skin.

Old 02-09-2018, 06:05 AM

1,154 posts, read 1,424,571 times
Quote:
So, I am a guy and I am kind of in a need for a moisturizing body wash. Anyways, I tried their men's bodywashes before, but not that they are moisturizing anyways...

Dollar Tree and Big Lots both have a decent selection of this brand, looking into getting their Coconut & Hibiscus one or Lavender Escape.

So, how are they?

Thnx in advance.

Ok, I actually vaguely remember using the Coconut & Hibiscus one. I don't remember the lather though.
They smell great, but I found them drying to my skin and made me itch. I have had better results with the Dove brand over the past 10 yrs. Never itchy, and they smell pretty good, too.

Old 02-09-2018, 08:43 AM

878 posts, read 1,206,787 times
I either use shampoo (whatever I get on sale) or Dr Bronner's castille soap-- dilute with water (about a 1 part shampoo or soap to 7 or 8 parts water) and place in a foaming dispenser (I have ones that are similar to these: https://www.amazon.com/Foaming-Dispe...018SUABWU?th=1)

Old 02-09-2018, 09:48 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
I ran into some Oil Of Olay body washes and they seem to be very lightly fragranced and the one with sea salt smells especially fresh, but they say to use the washes with a pouf or puff (those plastic meshy things) and I don't want to use those because they are bacteria breeders. A lot of the body washes always say use a bath pouf or puff. I mostly use soap, but someone told me that body washes do a better job and cleans off without residue more effectively and leaves skin more moisturized.
You don't have to use mesh sponges. You can also launder mesh sponges.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:53 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,261,314 times
Quote:
So, I am a guy and I am kind of in a need for a moisturizing body wash. Anyways, I tried their men's bodywashes before, but not that they are moisturizing anyways...

Dollar Tree and Big Lots both have a decent selection of this brand, looking into getting their Coconut & Hibiscus one or Lavender Escape.

So, how are they?

They work fine for me,

Be careful on the pack size. The White Rain bottles at the 99 Only store are $0.99 for 12 oz. At the Dollar Tree, they are $1 for the 15 oz size.

The BEST deals are when the Dollar Tree has the 18 oz bonus bottles for $1 or when Big Lots have their 20% off all purchases four Sundays a year.

Personally, I like the Old Spice and the Irish Spring products better BUT ... they are also 3-4x the price with nearly identical ingredients.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:12 PM

247 posts, read 253,954 times
Also if you have hard water it is very hard to moisturize from soap only,definitely need some good lotion

Old 02-09-2018, 07:23 PM

89 posts, read 66,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macklessdaddy View Post
Also if you have hard water it is very hard to moisturize from soap only,definitely need some good lotion

Oh yes and it really friggin sucks! I HATED having to take showers in high trace mineral and bleach content water. I'd get out and feel unbelievably irritated no matter what.. it's a nightmare. Glad my new apartment I'm renting does a decent job with the water quality.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:40 PM

4,991 posts, read 5,282,508 times
I buy whatever is on sale with a smell I like. None of the body washes stand out as special. Olay products are supposed to be hypoallergenic, but I have allergic reactions to that brand.

I keep a jar of coconut oil in the bathroom. I use that in place of lotion after I shower. It works better than lotion for me. My skin doesn't dry out and itch. I can tell when I don't use it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty