Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 12:40 PM

16,080 posts, read 21,196,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjustin2 View Post
Anyone? I posted the pictures so i like if anyone can comment on the length of the inseam for these shorts. I assume all agree the 10' is a bit long right? So what looks correct the 7' inseam or 9' inseam?
I prefer the way the 9" inseam looks on you, but I'm old and don't keep up with men's fashion.
I get the feeling you are more concerned with how it looks than how comfortable you feel wearing them? If so maybe you want to find a magazine or two for men's fashion (is GQ still around) or check out some online resources. OTOH if you plan to wear these for years and years, long past whatever the current fashion is, I strongly suggest going with what feels most comfortable to YOU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2019, 02:37 PM

454 posts, read 450,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
They look fine to me. I like the slim cut. They could be a lititle shorter if you wanted, and I wouldn't go longer. But I think that length is fine.

Hi. Which is the slim cut your are talking about?

And which length would say is fine?

Old 04-04-2019, 02:40 PM

The ones I felt the best wearing are

9' Banana Republic Khaki

I also like the 7' Gap because its stone color which i like. But its a bit short.

Would you say the 9' is better than the 7' though based on the pictures? I am 100% keeping

9' Banana Republic Khaki
7' Gap

I'm just trying to decide if i should keep one more and if so should it be

7' Banana Republic Khaki (Same exact model as the 9' one only shorter)

or

9' Banana Republic Green Color (Same exact model as the 9' one only different color)

Old 04-04-2019, 02:52 PM

16,080 posts, read 21,196,334 times
Keep the nine inch green, I feel the length is better, plus it gives more variety to your wardrobe.

Old 04-04-2019, 03:07 PM

That was what I thinking think as well. But would you and others say the 9 inch look better than the 7 inch in terms of length?

Old 04-04-2019, 03:18 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Quote:
Hi. Which is the slim cut your are talking about?

And which length would say is fine?
I think the cut of all the shorts you showed is relatively slim, compared to the long cargo shorts that were popular for so long.

Personally, I think all the lengths you posted are fine, and it's a matter of which one you like best. I think the 10" with a slim cut can be nice and stylish. The 9" is also very good. The 7" could be considered a little short by some people, but I think it's fine if you like it. I don't think you look bad in any of them.

Old 04-04-2019, 04:33 PM

Hey. Yea i guess they are called slim style then. The 9' and the 7' is what im getting. And yes the 7' is what i think some ppl would consider a little short. But the 9' might have some ppl say its a bit long.

I mean if you read articles online like gq, they say anyone that is under 5'9 should wear 7'. They did say 9' could be fine though. Thus that is the highest im going.

Old 04-04-2019, 04:46 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Quote:
Hey. Yea i guess they are called slim style then. The 9' and the 7' is what im getting. And yes the 7' is what i think some ppl would consider a little short. But the 9' might have some ppl say its a bit long.

I mean if you read articles online like gq, they say anyone that is under 5'9 should wear 7'. They did say 9' could be fine though. Thus that is the highest im going.
I think you're overthinking it. 90% of the guys out there wear shorts that look worse than any of the pairs you were wearing. I think you look fine in any of those pairs. My general rule is, the longer the shorts, the slimmer the cut needs to be. I kind of like a nice slim cut that goes almost to the knee, if you're thin enough. Shorter cuts can be cut a little wider, IMO.

Old 04-04-2019, 05:28 PM

447 posts, read 209,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Sounds like your gay friends are a different stripe than my gay friends ()--they like the newer shorter shorts style to show off their legs. They about lost their minds when Bob sported these on Mad Men: https://typeset-beta.imgix.net/rehos...to=format&q=70
Bob has the kind of legs I love! Men like that can practically wear anything - or nothing if I had my way.

Old 04-04-2019, 05:42 PM

2,487 posts, read 1,562,737 times
FWIW I believe the trend is shorter. I like Linksoul and Bonobos shorts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty