Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 03:05 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,144,036 times

Advertisements

If you want to wear what you consider to be Spring colors into Fallish weather, I think you can do so. You might use darker colored shoes and belt, to add some late season accents. Or wear with a darker jacket, if these things are normally what you wear.

You know, most people don’t notice stuff like this. I doubt you’d be considered odd by wearing brighter colors. If you were to wear seersucker, then yes, that might seem ofd.But what you describe sounds fine to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2019, 03:21 PM

7,326 posts, read 12,329,597 times
I know back in Fall/Winter 2017, a shade of pale pink known as Ballet Slipper was considered trendy for womenswear, so colors are becoming less confined to particular seasons. Menswear has been slower to adapt, but I wouldn't have any issue with wearing spring colors in fall/winter. If you are into preppy styles, the spring/summer styles are usually the most popular for most of those brands.

Old 09-07-2019, 06:31 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,456,695 times
I still wear those colors. It does not get cold in Texas for a while.

Old 09-07-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
I still wear those colors. It does not get cold in Texas for a while.
I wear my pink spring/summer shirts year-round as well and even have a few pink fleeces and a pink hoodie for the colder days (and pair them with my pink spring/summer polos), but unfortunately, when it comes to menswear fashion companies usually don't give us as many color choices as they do for womenswear for fall/winter collections; they usually prefer to stick to what are traditionally considered fall/winter colors for their men's clothes, since apparently not a lot of men are comfortable wearing clothes for colder weather in typical spring/summer colors such as pink.

Old 09-07-2019, 07:08 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,962,513 times
"What do you think about wearing spring colors - think light blues..."
well, since we are Tar Heels, we wear Carolina Blue all the time.

Old 09-08-2019, 05:57 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,304,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
For me, the textile and texture are more important to seasonal appropriateness than the color. I've worn pale pink sweaters in the middle of winter.

^^^This^^^ I live in SW Florida, we dress the same way pretty much all year except for maybe 10 days all year. Some days we actually get to put on a sweater and boots that we hardly ever get to wear.

Old 09-08-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
^^^This^^^ I live in SW Florida, we dress the same way pretty much all year except for maybe 10 days all year. Some days we actually get to put on a sweater and boots that we hardly ever get to wear.
Here in Arizona, while the department stores do sell fall/winter clothes, the exact selection tends to vary year by year. Rarely we will get the heavy coats; we will often get many more lightweight clothes in fall colors and sometimes some pullover fleeces or turtlenecks. For heavy coats you might have to go to a store like REI.

Old 09-08-2019, 11:27 AM

2,159 posts, read 1,663,343 times
not if you had my mother

Old 09-08-2019, 11:53 AM

11,046 posts, read 6,635,887 times
Wow, newsflash. I did not know seasonal colors were a thing anymore!

Sort of like "no white after Labor Day?"

Man, am I out of touch! If it isn't unflattering, I'll wear it. If it's comfortable...

Old 09-08-2019, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Wow, newsflash. I did not know seasonal colors were a thing anymore!

Sort of like "no white after Labor Day?"

Man, am I out of touch! If it isn't unflattering, I'll wear it. If it's comfortable...
In womenswear colors what have traditionally been confined to specific seasons seems to be going by the wayside. However, menswear has been slower to adapt, especially when it comes to what have traditionally been considered spring/summer colors in fall/winter collections, probably due to a lot of men being uncomfortable wearing clothes for colder weather in colors such as pink; most men prefer their winter clothes to be in dark or neutral colors.

Also, when it comes to most menswear brands, most of them tend to dominate in fall/winter. The exceptions tend to be in the preppy, golf, and swimwear categories, which are well known for their bright colors and pastels typically associated with spring/summer.

Last edited by Pink Jazz; 09-08-2019 at 05:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty