Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 04:06 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,573,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Using your line of reasoning, women who dye their hair a different color must hate themselves. Maybe they are brazen hussies like my granny believed.

Whatever others want to do to their bodies doesn't affect my body so I don't worry about it. This extends to food nazis who want to control what others put into their own bellies.

Dying hair & using makeup & dressing provocatively is not surgically altering our bodies tho & it’s not brazen....Lol. Thats so very old fashioned......we can dress or do what we want. But it’s healthier to love ourselves & not surgically alter ourselves.....every procedure has a risk. I wear makeup...I don’t hate myself...that’s silly.....

E d i t: there are too many really good products to enhance our lips that don’t have any risk......

Learning to apply makeup to fit your mood or the occasion is really fun......lip liners can create all kinds of sultry fuller looks.....without the cost or risk of a procedure.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2019, 07:35 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,877,478 times
Let's stick to my initial question.

I recommend reading this and determining if, like me, you're more drawn to a Cupid's bow (as a sign of youth and therefore attractiveness) than you thought.
https://www.nashvillelidsurgery.com/aging-lips/
(Also, keep kissing. It probably keeps the muscles strong that support lip shape.)

Old 11-20-2019, 08:52 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,335,299 times
Thin lips are aging. Older people often have very thin lips. I have an acquaintance in her 50's whose lips have all but disappeared, another friend in her 70's is the same way. I would urge both to get fillers if I thought they would take it well and consider doing it.

Old 11-20-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
What are non existent lips? I’ve never seen anyone without lips......
You probably have seen them. You can probably make your own lips disappear!

Old 11-20-2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Agreed. I don't focus much on lips in general, but I don't like lip fillers either. I don't understand some people's obsession with wanting to have bigger lips. It usually looks stupid.
You may well know people with fillers in their lips. It can look very natural and makes the face look younger than disappearing lips.

Old 11-20-2019, 09:42 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,374,216 times
My top lip disappears when I smile. I was briefly involved with a man who didn't like this feature, as he told me. I never wanted to see him again. I couldn't imagine kissing a man who was dissatisfied with my lips.

Old 11-21-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
My top lip disappears when I smile. I was briefly involved with a man who didn't like this feature, as he told me. I never wanted to see him again. I couldn't imagine kissing a man who was dissatisfied with my lips.

I couldn’t imagine being with a man that took any part of me & said he didn’t like it......ita.....I wouldn’t see him again either.......hugs....

Any man we choose to be around should love it when we smile IMO...........

Old 11-21-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacksGal View Post
You probably have seen them. You can probably make your own lips disappear!

I can’t make my lips disappear......but I wouldn’t want to?

Old 11-22-2019, 09:42 AM

4,286 posts, read 4,758,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacksGal View Post
You may well know people with fillers in their lips. It can look very natural and makes the face look younger than disappearing lips.
This. I've always had thin lips and they are getting thinner. No one can tell I've had filler because my lips are still thin, they're just less thin. They were disappearing without the filler no amount of lip liner was going to change that.

Old 11-22-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan123 View Post
This. I've always had thin lips and they are getting thinner. No one can tell I've had filler because my lips are still thin, they're just less thin. They were disappearing without the filler no amount of lip liner was going to change that.

It’s kinda common for women to have a distorted body image or to obsess......but it happens when we don’t have enough self esteem about who we are........love yourself & work on your inside.....& your lips won’t seem so important....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty