Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 10:56 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,586,529 times

Advertisements

How many different types of brushes or blenders do you use on a daily basis.......& how often do you clean or replace them? How do you store them? I get super picky about it....I use an open blender stand & have a makeup brush drying stand that I love. Maybe I'm a little anal retentive about it.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2020, 11:29 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,522,693 times
I clean my Real Techniques sponge every day or two. It's supposed to be damp to use it, so it's easy to wash it first.

Brushes are a little harder to clean on a regular basis because they need drying time, but I've gotten in the habit of cleaning them on Sundays (maybe not every week, but fairly frequently) so that they're dry by Monday morning. I probably use 4-5 face brushes on a regular basis, and a rotation of 10 or so eye brushes.

Of course that was my routine pre-COVID. I can't remember the last time I picked up a makeup brush.

(Cue all the posters who are gobsmacked by the number of brushes I use and will condescend about what a waste of time makeup is because all they wear is lip balm. If you don't wear makeup, then great. I'm glad that works for you. I happen to enjoy makeup.)

Old 06-02-2020, 11:30 AM

5,134 posts, read 4,488,293 times
Well, in the time of the Coronavirus, zero. I haven't worn makeup in nearly three months.

Usually, it's two. Blusher brush and eyebrow brush.

Old 06-02-2020, 12:19 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,259,734 times
I must have a fistful of brushes in there, some I love, some meh, some just hanging around taking up space. I keep them in a zip makeup pouch and do a deep clean maybe once every two weeks (time flies, what can I say)

I probably use about 5 or 6 when getting ready, with the majority of them being eye shadow/liner brushes.

Old 06-02-2020, 12:20 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,462,161 times
I had to google "open blender brush stand". When I was searching for a replacement for my favorite sheer powder, I found the term "baking". I had to look it up. I must be out of touch with the newest trends. I just use a small powder container to hold my larger container of powder that I transfer to, use disposable puffs, not brushes. I use the puff until it is time to replace, then just replace (keep all of these in a vanity drawer and my basic usable items on the vanity top). I don't do brushes. I uses applicators for shadow. I keep my tools simple. My vanity table is right now my work space so I can't take up a lot of space. Down goes the mirror and hot rollers to the rug and up comes the laptop....and another day all glammed up (natural though) for 8 hours of room time. I have a need to maintain a routine for grooming to feel somewhat normal. At least hubby appreciates.
: )

Old 06-02-2020, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
I had to google "open blender brush stand".

I called it an "open blender stand". It doesn't hold brushes....just blenders....but it's not a technical term. Most of my friends put blenders on their makeup organizers with all their brushes. I use a stand....it's open to air on the bottom....instead of like a travel case. The one I have is both tho....if you put the top on it, it's a travel case...but the bottom by itself is a stand that holds the blender upright & it's "open" to the air AND it doesn't touch my makeup brushes...........

Old 06-02-2020, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I called it an "open blender stand". It doesn't hold brushes....just blenders....but it's not a technical term. Most of my friends put blenders on their makeup organizers with all their brushes. I use a stand....it's open to air on the bottom....instead of like a travel case. The one I have is both tho....if you put the top on it, it's a travel case...but the bottom by itself is a stand that holds the blender upright & it's "open" to the air AND it doesn't touch my makeup brushes...........
I use one of these: https://realtechniques.com/stick-sto...-keeper/p/1784

I love it because it sticks to the mirror, and it's one less thing that's on my countertop.

Old 06-02-2020, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Brushes are a little harder to clean on a regular basis because they need drying time, but I've gotten in the habit of cleaning them on Sundays (maybe not every week, but fairly frequently) so that they're dry by Monday morning. I probably use 4-5 face brushes on a regular basis, and a rotation of 10 or so eye brushes.

Of course that was my routine pre-COVID. I can't remember the last time I picked up a makeup brush.

(Cue all the posters who are gobsmacked by the number of brushes I use and will condescend about what a waste of time makeup is because all they wear is lip balm. If you don't wear makeup, then great. I'm glad that works for you. I happen to enjoy makeup.)

Ita....I rotate my brushes because they need drying time in a cool dry place AND I wear less makeup since pre covid, BUT I still go through a regular routine so I feel "dressed & ready". I haven't gone for a more glamourous night out look in awhile...BUT I need to soon.

I have a lot of different brushes too.........fan, kabuki, contour, blush, brow, eyeliner, eye shadow, lip brush for outlining & blenders too. If somebody doesn't wear makeup or doesn't use makeup brushes tho, they probably aren't in the thread...........

Old 06-02-2020, 06:55 PM

1,149 posts, read 935,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
Well, in the time of the Coronavirus, zero. I haven't worn makeup in nearly three months.

Usually, it's two. Blusher brush and eyebrow brush.
Same here. But before, I used one for foundation, powder, two for eyeshadow. So at least 4 a day.

Old 06-02-2020, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
If somebody doesn't wear makeup or doesn't use makeup brushes tho, they probably aren't in the thread...........
Like that's ever stopped anyone on CD! LOL! I'm surprised the usual suspects boasting "I use zero brushes!" haven't stopped in yet. Maybe my comment took the wind out of their sails?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty