Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 06:31 AM

764 posts, read 392,295 times

Advertisements

Skinny pants of any kind on women are ugly and Gross. Yuck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2021, 06:41 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,433,079 times
Well, skinny has run its course. It's been the star for at least a dozen years. It's good to see more varieties available. It's time.

Old 02-11-2021, 07:23 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,103,865 times
I'm not tall (5'3") but I have long legs and a short torso so "mom jeans" just don't seem to fit me - I have a droopy crotch all the time. And it's really hard to find a mid-rise jean right now!!
I'll hang onto my skinny jeans (3/4 of my wardrobe) and wait out the "high-rise" phase!

Old 02-11-2021, 07:32 AM

3,375 posts, read 1,969,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Tim Gunn says 'fit, proportion and silhoutte' is how we should evaluate our clothing. Classic styles, but definitely adding your own flair. Buy what looks good on you and is age appropriate.
I used to watch Project Runway with my daughter (she was a huge fan) and Tim Gunn was the only expert who made sense to me. I loved his style, his common sense approach to fashion and he was always helpful to the wanna be designers. Now that my daughter is living on her own I haven't watched the show - not sure if it's still on - but if it is I would watch it just for Tim Gunn : )

Old 02-11-2021, 07:48 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,676,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
I used to watch Project Runway with my daughter (she was a huge fan) and Tim Gunn was the only expert who made sense to me. I loved his style, his common sense approach to fashion and he was always helpful to the wanna be designers. Now that my daughter is living on her own I haven't watched the show - not sure if it's still on - but if it is I would watch it just for Tim Gunn : )
He and Heidi left it a while ago, but there is a show on Amazon Prime now Making the Cut that has them in it. I think the first season came out right after COVID-19 started, so I am guessing they might not be able to do a second season for while. Unlike PR, they traveled around to several different global fashion cities for the challenges.

Old 02-11-2021, 08:18 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
They've gone to jeggings which have the same tight fit but more elastic material. Some wear high waist yoga pants to fit their ass.

Old 02-11-2021, 08:37 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Well, I can tell you that for men with a full complement of manly equipment, those skin tight pants are terribly uncomfortable. I had to put with that nonsense back in the 70s and I'm not going to put up with it again. Maybe if you're a modern millennial hipster with etiolated little legs like pipe cleaners, but if you ever actually use your body for any kind of strenuous activity and build some thigh muscles, plus your man bits, there just isn't enough space there, flannel shirt and bushy beard notwithstanding.
LOL! When my now 25 y/o son was in high school he and his buddies called them "ball crushers".

They never wore them

Old 02-11-2021, 08:41 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,878,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Well, I can tell you that for men with a full complement of manly equipment, those skin tight pants are terribly uncomfortable. I had to put with that nonsense back in the 70s and I'm not going to put up with it again. Maybe if you're a modern millennial hipster with etiolated little legs like pipe cleaners, but if you ever actually use your body for any kind of strenuous activity and build some thigh muscles, plus your man bits, there just isn't enough space there, flannel shirt and bushy beard notwithstanding.
Thank you Turf3;
Haveing been athletic nearly all my life I don't fit into Skinny jeans ,,,too tight in the legs the crotch ...{ ouch } ,the waist is fine.
I forget the manufacture who made the jeans that had a "skoosh " more room but wish they made a come back.

Old 02-11-2021, 09:00 AM

3,763 posts, read 5,860,170 times
I have found that Levi 511 s are good for me. Have a couple pair in blue and black. I like a little lyra in them to make them more fitting but yet not crushing my manparts. I am NOT ready to go back to bell bottoms which will come back at some time. UGH

Old 02-11-2021, 09:01 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,325,075 times
I'm 5-10, 180 lbs, and the majority of my exercise for the last 45 years has come through bicycling. I've got a little gut because I like to eat and drink beer. In other words, if you saw me you'd think ”a reasonably fit guy in his late 50s”.

Those emasculation pants will not fit me, and I will not try to make them do so.

If you are looking for jeans, I'd try Lee. They are cut with a bit more room in the crotch than the Levi's I wore for many years. Since I switched I've been much happier and so have the boys ”down there”.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty