Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2023, 10:14 AM

10,988 posts, read 6,857,477 times

Advertisements

Your biggest fashion pet peeves?-cat-bug-eyes.jpg

Your cat and I approve! Now please run off to Walmart for supplies and show them off!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2023, 11:47 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,000,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
If you have that body, like the women in the link, you can wear yoga shorts anyday anywhere.
Your opinion. But no, they didn't have that body. On the contrary.

I call these kind of images, that you can't un-see a some sort of 'torture of the retina'.

Old 07-24-2023, 12:38 PM

2,478 posts, read 1,545,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
I know many people that wear clothes simply because they are comfortable without a care in the world what they look like. I am actually a little jealous of that because they are the ones that truly dont care what others think and are perfectly fine with that. Me on the other hand, I am 100% unable to do that. I think dressing a certain way can age a person much like it can make you look heavier or skinnier than you actually are. The first thing someone sees when they meet you is your attire, I want to make a good first impression.
I’ve been a patron of Linksoul now for a few years. They make clothing that any guy from 14 years up to probably 90 could wear. They are a California company and definitely are West Coast style, meaning relaxed. But their clothes are nicely cut and the fabric is high tech. They are known for their stylish golf apparel, but you don’t have to golf to wear their clothes.

Bonobos is also decent for young guys, but also, ahem, for men of a certain age, lol. I just avoid the louder colors and wild patterns.

I agree footwear is tough. I try to find leather sandals of good quality. Hate to wear sneakers on a hot summer day or evening.

The best style feature, of course, is being in great shape, if possible.

Pet peeve? I appreciate if someone’s outfit is clean and fits well. That being said, I am not a fan of the color brown for clothing, and I will not wear anything wrinkled.

Old 07-24-2023, 12:43 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,362,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
I know many people that wear clothes simply because they are comfortable without a care in the world what they look like. I am actually a little jealous of that because they are the ones that truly dont care what others think and are perfectly fine with that. Me on the other hand, I am 100% unable to do that. I think dressing a certain way can age a person much like it can make you look heavier or skinnier than you actually are. The first thing someone sees when they meet you is your attire, I want to make a good first impression.
I kind of get this--I've never liked my arms, so I don't wear sleeveless things, or tank tops, and if I wear a dress (cute summer dresses with sleeves, especially, are hard to find) I often wear a cardigan or shirt over it, even when it's hot. I see other women out and about, who really don't have great arms, living their lives in spaghetti strap tops. Logically, I know no one will be pointing and laughing at me, but I still have that blockage in my head.

Old 07-24-2023, 01:00 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,139,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I kind of get this--I've never liked my arms, so I don't wear sleeveless things, or tank tops, and if I wear a dress (cute summer dresses with sleeves, especially, are hard to find) I often wear a cardigan or shirt over it, even when it's hot. I see other women out and about, who really don't have great arms, living their lives in spaghetti strap tops. Logically, I know no one will be pointing and laughing at me, but I still have that blockage in my head.
One time, a friend of mine, myself, and our kids went to the local pool. She was reluctant to get in the water because she thought everyone would look at her and judge her mom body. (OUR mom bodies. LOL)

But I told her "Look around, how many guys are here?" Except for kids, there were very very few men. I said "Who's going to look at us anyway? It doesn't matter."

Old 07-24-2023, 02:00 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,362,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
One time, a friend of mine, myself, and our kids went to the local pool. She was reluctant to get in the water because she thought everyone would look at her and judge her mom body. (OUR mom bodies. LOL)

But I told her "Look around, how many guys are here?" Except for kids, there were very very few men. I said "Who's going to look at us anyway? It doesn't matter."
I've seen some memes on social media aimed to moms that are along the lines of "your kid isn't going to remember what you looked like in a bathing suit, but they will remember that you didn't play with them at the pool/beach"

Old 07-24-2023, 06:19 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,257,511 times
Super pet peeve: 3/4 sleeves and boat neck tops (women's clothing).

Old 07-26-2023, 08:34 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
I look terrible in a boat neck but I love 3/4 sleeves and I think they look good on me.

Old 07-26-2023, 09:15 AM

10,988 posts, read 6,857,477 times
Yep, as long as the 3/4 sleeves aren't puffy and cuffed. I do like a boat neck, but I can see why some people don't. I also think there are sometimes extremes with a boat neck. I like them, but smaller (narrower?)

Old 07-27-2023, 09:48 AM

3,373 posts, read 1,962,433 times
Recently I've been seeing elbow length sleeves which end right above the elbow so they're a little bit longer than "short sleeves." That length is perfect for me since it covers my upper arms (which have some crepe lines that I'm not too fond of) and they're still cool enough for the Florida weather. I know this is supposed to be a pet peeve thread but I thought I'd throw this in anyway. I've already chimed in with my pet peeve - clothes that don't fit properly.

Last edited by rfomd129; 07-27-2023 at 10:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty