Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 09:08 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,826,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
I guess when women get older, they wouldn't be so stuck up on body hair as most girls are, those who are in their teens and twenties.
I really don't view it at being "stuck up." It's all a matter of what we actually like. Just because a guy doesn't have a lot of body hair doesn't mean he looks like a little boy, and if he does, then maybe there's something wrong with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 11:52 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,870,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
I really don't view it at being "stuck up." It's all a matter of what we actually like. Just because a guy doesn't have a lot of body hair doesn't mean he looks like a little boy, and if he does, then maybe there's something wrong with him.
To women, there's something wrong with him. I mean if a girl dumps a guy because he won't shave his body hair, then that's a very petty reason to break up. Therefore she should have no one.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:01 AM

1,233 posts, read 2,826,423 times
I've never known a girl that depressingly shallow. I myself am not with my boyfriend for looks alone, but the looks don't hurt at all.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:25 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,267,585 times
I think personal grooming not meeting standard is pretty normal reason to dump someone.
I know this extreme but I am trying to be universal here...lol

Can you imagine staying with someone that didnt brush his teeth?

Thats what wild man fur fro is to me. Thou must trim or wax! All sexes! EVERYWHERE!
Mwushahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

(yeh im bored)

Old 07-21-2008, 12:38 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
i am the hairless variety so i am hoping i am coming in style.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:57 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,646,674 times
Quote:
I'm reading all these posts and it seems like everyone prefers to be shaved. Like women think body hair on men is unattractive and prefers them shaved, which is rediculous, an appearance that makes a guy look like a little boy. And the men, it seems like most prefer women to be shaved down there!

Now me, I see nothing wrong with women have hair down there. But a lot of women prefer shaved men, why? I'm a guy and I would never change my physical appearance for anyone, especially women?

Things really changed, didn't it? Do most men with body hair shave just for women. Is there any women who finds body hair attractive at all?
With all due respect. I "groom" there too and I'm a woman, I leave a little but to be honest I think it's a personal hygeine / personal choice for me. I'm not doing it for my SO although he does find it attractive. I think everyone has personal preferences which then manifests itself into "ohhh everyone is hung up on looks".
Even people who say that looks don't count can be proven otherwise. Appearance is the first thing that draws you to a person, so for those who say appearances don't matter are just fooling themselves.

Say for example you met a guy "online" and you only ever talked on the phone and online and never exchanged photos. A few months later you meet up in person and you are shocked because he's a big hair beast - I mean c'mon, you are telling me that you wouldn't take a step back and re-think your situation?? Not so. I know that most people would.

It's our society.

Getting back to your question though about hairy men, it's a preference and I've known a couple of hairy guys- most of them don't even like their hairy backs so why isn't it okay for a woman to prefer he be waxed or shaved? Men like women to shave their legs and armpits, so how is it different??

I've never heard a guy be proud of his hair everywhere but on his head anymore than I've heard a woman not shave and be proud of her hairy legs.

Again, it's a preference.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:28 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,173,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFly757 View Post
Well, the "Zohan" movie comes to mind.
I was actually thinking the new Harold and Kumar movie. "It looks like Osama's beard!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFly757 View Post
Is it me or does everyone else think that as adults, we really shouldn't have to describe the pubic area as "down there" but call it what it really is?
It's just personal preference of wanting to speak about the nether-regions being hairy, but not enough guts to say something like "Pubic hair is gross."

I'm 21. Personally, when I go to the beach or pool, I don't want something like looks like a beard fluffing up my bikini/bathing suit bottoms - or even popping out the sides. I shave some and trim the rest. I try to stay under 2 centimeters where I'm not actually shaving off. The pits are shaved daily. The legs are shaved weekly when I'm in pants, waxed when I'm going to be wearing skirts and shorts.

As for my husband, I don't ask him to become hairless in the nether-regions, but he will trim to my wishes. If he doesn't? Then we skip our adult time. I don't want to floss afterwards and I definitely don't want to dig out possible stray hairs. He does trim his armpits. Not shave! But we both agree that having the Amazon under your arms is rather gross. He will not shave his chest or legs - which I will never ask him to. He does trim those hairs on the upper chest that tend to stick out of shirts.

Old men with a garden of white hair popping out of the top of their shirts are gross.

As for his face, a little scruffy is fine. Full beard on him looks gross. He usually has a messy goatee with scruff - which is fine for me.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:34 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,663,754 times
The only place I like hair whether female or male is on the head! Nothing like a nice smooth body totally free of any hair!

Old 07-21-2008, 09:55 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,965,351 times
Quote:
I'm reading all these posts and it seems like everyone prefers to be shaved. Like women think body hair on men is unattractive and prefers them shaved, which is rediculous, an appearance that makes a guy look like a little boy. And the men, it seems like most prefer women to be shaved down there!

Now me, I see nothing wrong with women have hair down there. But a lot of women prefer shaved men, why? I'm a guy and I would never change my physical appearance for anyone, especially women?

Things really changed, didn't it? Do most men with body hair shave just for women. Is there any women who finds body hair attractive at all?
I dont think times have changed at all. Its about personal preference just what looks good.

Some women prefer to play on a "fast green" instead of the "rough" if you know what Im saying. So I make sure that I keep the "greens" well kept. The same goes for what I like on a woman. If she looks like she's holding a tarantula hostage in her underwear then that is not for me.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:26 PM

53 posts, read 197,727 times
I've always wondered just how dirty some people are if they think being hair-free is that much cleaner.

Personally, I prefer to keep it...neat, I guess would be the word. I tried shaving it all when I was younger, but it just didn't look right (to me). Plus, it was a HUGE pain to keep up with. I don't mind hair on men as long as it's not out of control. The Wasband was a beast (didn't start out that way...the older he got, the hairier he got); I don't care what y'all say--a backfro is NOT attractive. He may not have had to look at it, but I sure did.

I remember a male friend saying that a completely bald pubic area reminded him of a plucked chicken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty