Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 06:55 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,870,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
I've never known a girl that depressingly shallow. I myself am not with my boyfriend for looks alone, but the looks don't hurt at all.
What if a man's body hair was slight, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 07:50 PM

562 posts, read 2,403,835 times
Kuhari, Darling
Whatcha gonna do when the babies come along, he's up with em , your up with em, he's working overtime to get that promotion to make a nice life for all of you, the lawn needs mowed( the green one outside, not the other ones)and yet still he wants/needs a little "adult time" with you? I realize you are 21 and those days seem far away, but if you want to keep your deserving husband happy, you'll do what the rest of us do.
Take a bath and make yourself desirable, drink a glass or 2 of wine, and absolutely ignore any body hair he may have not removed.

PS no he won't be grooming in the bath with you, he'll be exhausted watching ESPN until you beckon. Cause he's a man!!

In the eternal words of Jim Morrison: Girl you've gotta love your man.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:57 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,826,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabumom07 View Post
Kuhari, Darling
Whatcha gonna do when the babies come along, he's up with em , your up with em, he's working overtime to get that promotion to make a nice life for all of you, the lawn needs mowed( the green one outside, not the other ones)and yet still he wants/needs a little "adult time" with you? I realize you are 21 and those days seem far away, but if you want to keep your deserving husband happy, you'll do what the rest of us do.
Take a bath and make yourself desirable, drink a glass or 2 of wine, and absolutely ignore any body hair he may have not removed.

PS no he won't be grooming in the bath with you, he'll be exhausted watching ESPN until you beckon. Cause he's a man!!

In the eternal words of Jim Morrison: Girl you've gotta love your man.
Even though it's not directed at me, I can't help being kind of disturbed. And I'm going to ignore the implied "women don't do yard work or bring in the big bucks at home" thing.

Are you serious?

What, are women supposed to just look pretty for their husbands, raise the kids, and not worry about being satisfied with their "adult time" themselves? Is it impossible for both parties to want to look decent for their partners, and want to please them?

As for what was directed at me, really, I don't care if he had no body hair at all. As I've said before a couple of times, I'm not into the animalistic look. As much as he has now, a little less, or none at all, I'm fine so long as he doesn't look like a gorilla.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:01 PM

291 posts, read 1,075,406 times
Quote:
Even though it's not directed at me, I can't help being kind of disturbed. And I'm going to ignore the implied "women don't do yard work or bring in the big bucks at home" thing.

Are you serious?

What, are women supposed to just look pretty for their husbands, raise the kids, and not worry about being satisfied with their "adult time" themselves? Is it impossible for both parties to want to look decent for their partners, and want to please them?

As for what was directed at me, really, I don't care if he had no body hair at all. As I've said before a couple of times, I'm not into the animalistic look. As much as he has now, a little less, or none at all, I'm fine so long as he doesn't look like a gorilla.

Very well said- you got there before I could!

Old 07-21-2008, 09:32 PM

And why should it be a woman's role to raise children? Not everybody wants kids.

Animalistic look, are you kidding me? What if it was slightly looking?
Quote:

Are you serious?

Old 07-21-2008, 09:34 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo Riley View Post
Very well said- you got there before I could!
Me too.
And while also not directed at me, I have to say that I have kids and still manage to find the time.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
And why should it be a woman's role to raise children? Not everybody wants kids.

Animalistic look, are you kidding me? What if it was slightly looking?
I'm not saying it is the woman's role. It's the role of both parents. However, in fabumom's post, it sounded like the man would be too busy bringing in the bacon to help rear the children.

What if what was slightly looking? Care to elaborate?

Old 07-21-2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
I'm not saying it is the woman's role. It's the role of both parents. However, in fabumom's post, it sounded like the man would be too busy bringing in the bacon to help rear the children.

What if what was slightly looking? Care to elaborate?
What if a man was slightly hairy? Would you trip about that?

Old 07-21-2008, 10:14 PM

My boyfriend IS slightly hairy. He's just not ridulously hairy to where I'd be disgusted - his hair is really fine and light-coloured.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:15 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,039,006 times
Trip? About body hair? We can have preferences and make our choices as we see fit. I don't see anyone tripping about no, little, moderate or insanely hairy people. It's all about preferences and seeing an overall package, which mostly does not include the outside at all. That's just a side issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty