Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do round toed shoes make women look bigger?
Yes 5 20.83%
No 12 50.00%
Depends on the shoe. 7 29.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 11:45 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times

Advertisements

Shoe shape will definitely affect the way your leg looks! I think if you have large legs you should go for an almond toe over a rounded babydoll. I pick babydoll toes a lot because they make your feel look smaller. Overly sharp toes just look strange to me if you have shape. I know they say they are slimming but..ehh..I think almond toe is better. Heel height and color also come into play depending on the persons structure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 11:45 AM

1,271 posts, read 4,023,887 times
Results do vary... however I don't want to assume that some of the basics are "obvious" to the board, especially if they aren't of a full-figured stature.

The wrong shoe can make or break the appearance of your calves (ie. legs appear shorter and calves thicker!) I'm sure we all love a cute stilletto heel (God knows I do), however it's important to notice that there is footwear out there that can make legs appear longer and calves smaller as well as creating shorter legs and calves thicker!

ex. Ballet Flats (which are usually round) can make your legs appear shorter and calves thicker or Boots that go mid length, appear to cut off the leg, which gives the appearance of a bigger calve.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:00 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,521 posts, read 6,328,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Shoe shape will definitely affect the way your leg looks! I think if you have large legs you should go for an almond toe over a rounded babydoll. I pick babydoll toes a lot because they make your feel look smaller. Overly sharp toes just look strange to me if you have shape. I know they say they are slimming but..ehh..I think almond toe is better. Heel height and color also come into play depending on the persons structure.
I agree shoe personality should match your clothing personality. I never thought of them being almond shaped but now that you mention it those are my favs.

Old 03-02-2009, 01:07 PM

Link a pic to a almond shaped shoe....

thanks for responding

Quote:

Old 03-02-2009, 01:19 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjones1976 View Post

Link a pic to a almond shaped shoe....

thanks for responding

Miss Me Cinema Almond Toe Pump - DSW

I like those ones.Any one that has a higher heel. The lower heeled versions can look a little too much like a round toe. I guess I like the short little fat almond shape(higher heel) over the long almond shape (lower heel)

Here is one thats a little more conservative:
Claudia Ciuti Women's Joy Almond Toe Pump - Free Overnight Shipping & Return Shipping: Endless.com

Old 03-02-2009, 01:41 PM

The first ones are hot.....

You know, the saying is "the bigger the calf the bigger the heel!"

Quote:
Miss Me Cinema Almond Toe Pump - DSW

I like those ones.Any one that has a higher heel. The lower heeled versions can look a little too much like a round toe. I guess I like the short little fat almond shape(higher heel) over the long almond shape (lower heel)

Here is one thats a little more conservative:
Claudia Ciuti Women's Joy Almond Toe Pump - Free Overnight Shipping & Return Shipping: Endless.com

Old 03-03-2009, 09:24 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjones1976 View Post
A little reasearch would have satisfied your embittered inquisition.
Embittered? Oh puleeez. Your post made no sense to me hon.. Still doesn't. I don't see how on earth the shape of the toe could make a leg look fat.

FWIW, I hate rounded-toe shoes. I think they are ugly and don't flatter ANY one. I don't care for extreme points either - I think they look foolish. But I don't think either shape affects how large the calf appears. Now heel height That definitely does, because it changes the shape of the leg.

I don't need to research anything. I'm a shoe-a-holic in recovery.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:59 AM

101 posts, read 435,868 times
I do think that if you are very full figured or overweight, that balancing on stilletos look very odd.
Emme

Old 03-04-2009, 10:27 AM

'kay,

thanks for the response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Embittered? Oh puleeez. Your post made no sense to me hon.. Still doesn't. I don't see how on earth the shape of the toe could make a leg look fat.

FWIW, I hate rounded-toe shoes. I think they are ugly and don't flatter ANY one. I don't care for extreme points either - I think they look foolish. But I don't think either shape affects how large the calf appears. Now heel height That definitely does, because it changes the shape of the leg.

I don't need to research anything. I'm a shoe-a-holic in recovery.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:31 AM

Thank you for your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmie3g View Post
I do think that if you are very full figured or overweight, that balancing on stilletos look very odd.
Emme
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty