Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2010, 12:18 PM

260 posts, read 548,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: mad:: mad:

All of us ARE NOT like that! I am NOT like that.

I shoot all the animals I kill (except for the sheep, they are taken to the slaughter house). The majority of the time, it it a one shot one kill, since I do not feel comfortable taking a shot, unless it is a killing one.
“We're beginning to realize the almost irreparable loss in such cruel and barbaric practices as hunting and killing innocent creatures for pleasure or mercilessly trapping and torturing harmless animals whose sole “offense” is being beautiful.”—Joseph F. Goodavage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 03:35 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg420 View Post
neither- its just the philosophy that a person should not do to other animals what they would not want done to themseleves. perhaps if you could see the world from their eyes it would give you a perspective on the amount of pain and suffering you cause for your own selfish gratification.
Actually:

Quote:
one can only hope that you will someday find yourself in the same situation as the innocent creatures you leave anguishing in traps for hours and days
Sounds like a threat of sorts. Based on false info. but one nonetheless.

I think perhaps you should educate yourself some more before posting incorrect information. I doubt you've ever even witnessed a trapline being checked.

An animal caught by a trapper is actually rather lucky compared to one eaten by another animal or one that dies of diseases such as rabies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsj-2o0ux14

Old 01-14-2010, 08:07 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,830,289 times
Another whiney I hate fur thread. Probably can't afford it or your man won't buy you one.....

Old 01-14-2010, 08:27 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,053,995 times
After reading through most of the comments, I am surprised there was no mention of dog and cat furs being used in fur trim, or misabeled as racoon fur/fake fur.

Ideally, in this world, everything would be ethical. Our food would come without chemicals, meat would not be processed in factory farms, people wouldn't kill each other...etc.

However, it is not, and never will be.

While there are many idealistic views here, in the developed world--those views only go so far. In this society, there will always be corporations doing everything in their power to save a dollar at our expense. There will always be people who will eat meat, murder other people, as well as buy fur. A larger percentage of the world has more drastic problems to worry about, and doesn't care about your views about fur, meat, or whatever.

Do I agree with the inhumane practices? No. But I will eat a dog if I am hungry, and yes, I do have dogs as pets.

Do I like fur coats? No. But if some rich sap wants to shell out big bucks for an overpopulated animal fur, it is no worse than the vast sea of other ethical problems in our society, and this world. Save the whales, screw the humans.

What am I trying to say? The world is a hypocritical place, as well as everyone in it, including myself.
People are far quicker to criticize others than to criticize themselves. . . far quicker to place fault with others than to place fault with themselves.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:35 PM

19 posts, read 35,190 times
Quote:
one can only hope that you will someday find yourself in the same situation as the innocent creatures you leave anguishing in traps for hours and days (unless of course they chew off their own limb). how so many people can contribute to the terrible suffering of other creatures for their own gain is a sad comment on our society.
In order to save the animal you would wish ill will on a human? Is that against some "principle" you have in your collection too?

Old 01-14-2010, 08:52 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,800,718 times
Quote:
“We're beginning to realize the almost irreparable loss in such cruel and barbaric practices as hunting and killing innocent creatures for pleasure or mercilessly trapping and torturing harmless animals whose sole “offense†is being beautiful.â€â€”Joseph F. Goodavage

I hunt, and I eat meat. You will not change the fact that a vast majority of Americans will continue to eat meat, just as god made us to do. I enjoy hunting and that does not make me barbaric. Most of my state hunts (michigan) and you animal activist will not change that. I am in the NRA and we will stop you from infringing upon our rights to hunt and keep weapons. If you dont like hunting, dont do it. If you dont like meat, dont eat it. You do not have a right to run the lives of others.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I hunt, and I eat meat. You will not change the fact that a vast majority of Americans will continue to eat meat, just as god made us to do. I enjoy hunting and that does not make me barbaric. Most of my state hunts (michigan) and you animal activist will not change that. I am in the NRA and we will stop you from infringing upon our rights to hunt and keep weapons. If you dont like hunting, dont do it. If you dont like meat, dont eat it. You do not have a right to run the lives of others.
it's ironic how hunters and meat eaters think they have the right to run the lives of others when the others are animals.

“Until we have the courage to recognize cruelty for what it is—whether its victim is human or animal —we cannot expect things to be much better in this world. We cannot have peace among men whose hearts delight in killing any living creature. By every act that glorifies or even tolerates such moronic delight in killing we set back the progress of humanity.”—Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

"Whether hunting is right or wrong, a spiritual experience, or an outlet for the killer instinct, one thing it is not is a sport. Sport is when individuals or teams compete against each other under equal circumstances to determine who is better at a given game or endeavor. Hunting will be a sport when deer, elk, bears, and ducks are…given 12-gauge shotguns. Bet we'd see a lot fewer drunk yahoos (live ones, anyway) in the woods if that happened.”—R. Lerner, letter, Sierra, March-April 1991

Old 01-15-2010, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlack&Gold View Post
In order to save the animal you would wish ill will on a human? Is that against some "principle" you have in your collection too?
i was just wishing the OP gets back what they give-some would call this an extension of the golden rule or karma.

“The basis of all animal rights should be the Golden Rule: we should treat them as we would wish them to treat us, were any other species in our dominant position.”—Christine Stevens

Old 01-15-2010, 01:58 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,917,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
Another whiney I hate fur thread. Probably can't afford it or your man won't buy you one.....
My mother and grandmother had a couple of fur coats as well as a hat and collar. Now that they are long gone, the coats will never be worn and the hat and collar are cat toys.

I have a chinchilla as a pet and know how many of them it takes to make a coat. I find the killing of these beautiful creatures for vanity disgusting.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:47 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Quote:
it's ironic how hunters and meat eaters think they have the right to run the lives of others when the others are animals.
Humans are naturally hunters and gatherers. Do you tell animals not to cruelly kill each other? Wild animals typically die very painfully in the wild from starvation or disease or being eaten by another animal. A gunshot is a pretty humane way to go in comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty