Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 02:07 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,960,377 times

Advertisements

I don't know what other forum to post this in so I guess it goes here?

I'm in my early 30's and I have never done drugs my whole life. Not even pot. I don't see the point of taking drugs because it doesn't make you look better in any way (if anything it detracts from your looks over the long run) and it's not "visible" by others.

By this I mean, if I have lots of money, I would want to spend it on a Mercedes Benz or a designer handbag or an expensive house. At least this is beneficial to my image and makes me look good. However, doing drugs is not tangible, it doesn't enhance your status in any way and no one would know how much money you spent, whereas if you drive a Benz, EVERYONE will know what you spent.

I understand people do it to make them feel good but personally I like spending money on my looks (cosmetics (Nars, Mac, Chanel etc), treatments etc) and on VISIBLE goods (expensive cars, bags) etc because it makes me look good. I would never smoke pot because it doesn't improve my status and it doesn't do anything for my body; it certainly doesn't make me look fitter or make my skin glow.

That's why I never understood why people do drugs. For me personally, doing something is only worth it if it helps me look better in some way.

I get that some people have pain their lives, but personally I ease my own pain by shopping, pampering myself, taking care of myself and making sure I will look as young as I can as humanly possible.

Also, I'm super vain and I would never do anything to jeopardize my looks or dry out my skin or make my skin red such as drinking etc. I think I look at least 10 years younger because I never smoked, never drank and never ever party.

Last edited by 2goldens; 04-05-2010 at 06:42 AM.. Reason: Moved from Other Topics

Old 04-05-2010, 02:32 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,841,950 times
Just stay where you are !! I'll take the drugs and alcohol so I can think the most of your appearance. Which are of course of the most importance!! I'm sorry, but you sound very superficial !! Hallucinogens might make you appear better to yourself!

Old 04-05-2010, 02:35 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,881,804 times
Well, some people equally don't understand the desire to waste money on material, vain and shallow things like you do. I fail to see how designer handbags and expensive cars would fullfill my life and I don't understand valuing visable things as much as you do. It sounds like you don't value anything you can't show off which is kinda of sad in my opinion, there's so much more to life and you shouldn't have to measure your worth by what you think looks good to other people.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Just stay where you are !! I'll take the drugs and alcohol so I can think the most of your appearance. Which are of course of the most importance!! I'm sorry, but you sound very superficial !! Hallucinogens might make you appear better to yourself!
But at least I am not destroying my body, drugs destroy your body and drugs and drinking ages you. Why would someone want to age themselves deliberately? I look a lot younger because I have a healthylifestyle and I don't have wrinkles/circles underneath my eyes and my skin is smooth. Why would you want to damage your body? Wouldn't you want to do something good for your body (like pampering it) and not destroying it?

At least I'm not doing anything illegal. There is no law that says you can't buy new blush or mascara etc. There is no law against vanity. There is against drugs.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
But at least I am not destroying my body, drugs destroy your body and drugs and drinking ages you. Why would someone want to age themselves deliberately? I look a lot younger because I have a healthylifestyle and I don't have wrinkles/circles underneath my eyes and my skin is smooth. Why would you want to damage your body? Wouldn't you want to do something good for your body (like pampering it) and not destroying it?

At least I'm not doing anything illegal. There is no law that says you can't buy new blush or mascara etc. There is no law against vanity. There is against drugs.
Yes!! I've never done an illegal drug in my life!! I'm happy for you if you've never done drugs!! You just sound so ..so ...I don't know just self absorbed!! You will age sooner or later there's no avoiding it!! Of course you should do all you can to stay young ,I'm not criticizing you for that. Just try not to sound so i dunno!!

Old 04-05-2010, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Yes!! I've never done an illegal drug in my life!! I'm happy for you if you've never done drugs!! You just sound so ..so ...I don't know just self absorbed!! You will age sooner or later there's no avoiding it!! Of course you should do all you can to stay young ,I'm not criticizing you for that. Just try not to sound so i dunno!!
Of course everyone will age sooner or later, but one will age better if one does not indulge in substances which are damaging to the body and aging. I have seen pics of people who were hooked on meth and they looked atrocious. I would rather die than look like that. These people looked like they aged like 50 years.

Yes everyone will age, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't do whatever it takes to care of our bodies and look good for as long as we can. I don't understand how "getting high" is worth it.

It may sound like I'm crazy but I'm not, but I feel "intoxicated" when I feel good about my appearance. Sometimes I get that feeling when trying on a new product or buying a new product or reading about it online.

I'm not kidding with this post either. I realize I may come across as a bit shallow or whatever, I just think drugs and drinking is a waste of money. I would much rather spend it on makeup or clothes etc. Drugs etc is basically just pissing money away so my reasoning is if you're gonna just throw it away, at least have something to show for it. If I'm gonna waste money I'd rather have tangible goods for it, or objects that other people can see and appreciate.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:59 AM

5,054 posts, read 6,899,491 times
Alcohol is fun

Old 04-05-2010, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by §AB View Post
Alcohol is fun
But don't you feel like crap the next day?

I'm not a partier and I never ever party or go to clubs or house parties etc. I'm not sociable and it's NOT my idea of fun.

For fun I'd rather stay home alone and play with my makeup stash!

Old 04-05-2010, 03:02 AM

Oh,absolutely you are correct ! We are all better off not indulging in any of the vices..Drinking , smoking, or doing drugs.. Good for you, just remember not too many people are as puritanical as you!! You may be alone in your quest for a better appearance thru abstinence ..

Old 04-05-2010, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Oh,absolutely you are correct ! We are all better off not indulging in any of the vices..Drinking , smoking, or doing drugs.. Good for you, just remember not too many people are as puritanical as you!! You may be alone in your quest for a better appearance thru abstinence ..
I am not puritanical at all. I don't believe in abstinence. I am very open-minded. I think women should be able to enjoy sex as freely as they want without being labeled as "sluts".

Sex is good for you. It improves your appearance because it gives you a sense of well-being. It's physical activity and it also releases stress and tension and it's free (at least for me it is). So I indulge in sex as much as I can. it doesn't age me or harm my body in any way (safe sex).

Drugs and alcohol on the other hand is just pointless. They harm your looks. Sex doesn't harm your looks, you look better afterwards (glow to the skin).

Funny thing is, the cosmetic company Nars even has a blush called "Orgasm", blush to simulate the glow after orgasm. Also, sex is free (for me) and doesn't hurt my finances. It doesn't take away from money that I could be spending on myself but drugs and alcohol does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty