Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 08:25 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,498,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tough Questions View Post
In Hollywood older actresses try to fool everyone and through a combination of camera tricks, plastic surgery and good genes try to look just like they did when they were in their 20s. Look at Jennifer Aniston, age 41, tries to look exactly like she did 20 years ago. She styles her hair and dresses like someone who is 20 years old. It is time for her to act and look her age.

Jennifer Aniston - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A woman in the office is the same. She is always styling her hair and dressing just like someone in her 20s. Doesn't she see that she needs a makeover. Yes, try to look young but, girl, no one is fooled, you are no longer in your 20s!
J.A looks 100 times better then she did 20 years ago!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 03:23 PM

1,188 posts, read 2,321,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
J.A looks 100 times better then she did 20 years ago!

Ya know what...You're right! She Does! DAMN I'm Jealous!! She looks Awesome!!!!

Old 04-26-2010, 03:42 PM

445 posts, read 1,071,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Sorry that you are bothered by it OP, but this is what 40 plus looks like when you take great care of yourself (be it exercise, diet, cosmetic surgery, etc)....
Amen.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:50 PM

445 posts, read 1,071,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
Yes, Jennifer Aniston and the other Hollywood 40-somethings are beautiful, fit, sexy. Money, personal trainers, personal nutritionists/chefs, and cosmetic surgery will do that for you.

However, I agree with the OP about the woman in his/her office. It's kind of pathetic/sad when you have a woman in her 40s or 50s trying to look like a 19 or 20 year old. I've seen it also --- wearing revealing clothing or skin-tight clothing, crazy hair styles, outrageous makeup, piercings, etc.

The thing is, you can look very sexy at 40 or 50 (even if you're not a "Hollywood" person), but you can do it with class and without trying to look 1/2 your age (which, IMO, makes you seem even older)
Hmm. I know where you're coming from, as I've seen many a "What Not To Wear" episodes, BUT, I too have seen, in real life, "20" year olds, plastered down in MAC makeup, looking like they getting ready for a Vegas show, or having all kinds of booty cracks showing from them low rider jeans. Hmm.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:16 PM

5,029 posts, read 7,233,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
I'll be 49 next week. I typically wear men's sweatpants and a funky tee-shirt. Currently, it's a monochrome air-brush style fairy wielding a longsword on a blue background.

Tomorrow it might be a cartoon cat hanging from a tree by its tail that reads, "Morning doesn't start until after my first cup of coffee."

I drive a Jag.

I'm worried I might be too old for the Jag. Maybe I'll trade it in for a mini-van.

NOT
I can't get that visualization out of my head, no matter how hard I try.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:15 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,882,500 times
Originally Posted by AnonChick
I'll be 49 next week. I typically wear men's sweatpants and a funky tee-shirt. Currently, it's a monochrome air-brush style fairy wielding a longsword on a blue background.

Tomorrow it might be a cartoon cat hanging from a tree by its tail that reads, "Morning doesn't start until after my first cup of coffee."

I drive a Jag.

I'm worried I might be too old for the Jag. Maybe I'll trade it in for a mini-van.

NOT

buahahahahahaaha ..by god that was hilarious ! ..seriously got me cracking

Old 04-27-2010, 06:27 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
Tell you what: Send these links to Jennifer ASAP; your co-worker too. They must not know about these stylish and fabulous finds:
Home Page - Blair
homepage (http://www.alfreddunner.com/2010spring/homepage.html - broken link)
Holy cats! Somebody please pass the eye bleach. Green polka dots this early in the morning are NOT COOL.

Yellow polyester skort. MAKE IT STOP.

http://www.blair.com/catalog/product...CategoryId=101

Old 04-27-2010, 09:07 AM

2,278 posts, read 3,923,164 times
Shoot, I wish I have JA's body at 30!

Lol, this post reminds me of the Erin Brokovich movie....those boobs...

Old 04-27-2010, 11:40 AM

4,502 posts, read 13,474,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
I'm a non-celebrity, 40 and my body is still banging, and I would happily wear just about anything you'd see Jennifer Aniston wear. I don't thing this makes me pathetic in the slightest. I love myself and I embrace anything I wear that looks good on me. Meaning, I love at myself in the mirror and give it a thumbs up. Anyone who doesn't like it can kiss my ass.
Glad you're so pleased with yourself. However, I never said Jennifer Aniston was trying to look younger....

What I was referring to is women in their 40s-50s who wear tight or revealing clothing that they obviously bought in the Juniors section in an attempt to make themselves look young, sexy, etc. It's a very pathetic look and truly makes them look older. Similar to when you see a guy over 30 with an earring.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:04 PM

1,963 posts, read 5,625,566 times
Most women in their 40's don't have a body like Jennifer Aniston, Nicole Kidman or Salma Hayek, and the vast vast majority of them know that. But i think the OP is talking about those few out there who still think they can get away wearing Bebe and looking like they stepped off the set of the Housewives of OC. Similarly, if you go clubbing in Hollywood you can see pauchy divorced guys rocking gaudy Ed hardy/christian audigier tees and trying to pick up women half their age: all you can do is burst out laughing & roll your eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty