Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2015, 06:21 PM

8 posts, read 20,389 times

Advertisements

I have been researching Bentonville and looking at realtor.com and it looks like most houses (size, floor plan, neighborhood, etc) I like have properties with decks that lead to a forest and not much else out back. Do people ever clear out some of the trees to have a little space for a play structure, trampoline, hot tub, etc? Also, I can't tell from the pics whether or not most people have fences. If we end up relocating, one big incentive to get the kids on board would be that we would finally have enough space for a dog but I don't know how that would work without a fence! Is clearing some space looked down on? Hmmm...so many things to think about!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 08:15 PM

573 posts, read 586,371 times
Are you looking to buy a place? Nmnita is very knowledgeable about the area and I'm sure will help you. I am also looking to move to the NWA area this spring and many people on this forum have been very helpful. As far as housing prices, I think Springdale may be cheaper than Bentonville or Fayetteville from what I have seen.

Last edited by Loveswater_outdoors; 03-20-2015 at 08:25 PM..

Old 03-20-2015, 08:38 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,132,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californiamomabc View Post
I have been researching Bentonville and looking at realtor.com and it looks like most houses (size, floor plan, neighborhood, etc) I like have properties with decks that lead to a forest and not much else out back. Do people ever clear out some of the trees to have a little space for a play structure, trampoline, hot tub, etc? Also, I can't tell from the pics whether or not most people have fences. If we end up relocating, one big incentive to get the kids on board would be that we would finally have enough space for a dog but I don't know how that would work without a fence! Is clearing some space looked down on? Hmmm...so many things to think about!
Haha. It might just be the subdivisions in particular you are looking at. I'd say properties like the one you describe, with woods out back and no fence are in the extreme minority, except maybe in Bella Vista. And I'd expect most of the homes there to have fences. If it is new construction, they may not have put up fences yet, allowing buyers to choose their own fence option, decorative metal or wooden privacy fencing.

Yes, most people here have backyards and most families have things like trampolines, swingsets, etc.

Old 03-21-2015, 03:40 PM

1,279 posts, read 4,772,246 times
Most yards in middle and upper class subdivisions have a 6 foot wooden fence around the backyard, with the front yard facing the street unfenced. Woods or grass very much depends on the subdivision.

Old 03-22-2015, 10:29 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
In areas like Bella Vista, you will find mostly hilly yards with decks, but there certainly are yards that are flat and have room for kids play equiptment. Even the hilly ones often do. When you get into Bentonvile and Rogers you see more of a mixture. It depends a lot on your housing allowance and what you call yard space. We, for instance happen to be in a neighborhood with mostly flat or simi flat back yards. Most of our friends have the same. That is why growing a garden is so popular.

BTW, another area you may want to consider it Centerton, especially if hubby will be working at Wal Mart headquarters. It is part of the Bentonville school district and most of the lots are flat. It is one of the up and coming areas in the NW corner of the state and very family friendly.

Old 03-22-2015, 11:33 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,344,355 times
nmita

I may have to find a lawn service for my parents there in Bella Vista. They have a very small yard but my dad might not be able to do it this year and I can only come up once a month. Can you give me an idea of cost and who? Thanks,

Old 03-23-2015, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
nmita

I may have to find a lawn service for my parents there in Bella Vista. They have a very small yard but my dad might not be able to do it this year and I can only come up once a month. Can you give me an idea of cost and who? Thanks,
I will get back to you later today. I have his dad's number on my cell phone, but it is in the other room right now. He is good, very dependable and also has works with his dad in the home improvement business. He has done a lot of work for us, both inside and out. The problem I have and am still deciding on if we will use him is: he wants to work every 10 days and we are trying to convince him to only do ours once every 2 weeks. Other than him, it seems to be a problem here. There are a lot of us looking and a lot that have problems. the guy we used to use was great but he sold his business because he had a bad back. Others are way too expensive for what they do.

Old 03-28-2015, 04:10 PM

Hi nmita. I was just up in Bella Vista getting my dad out of Mercy and back home. I do not know how to find lawn services so if you have any names, I'd appreciate it. He will not be able to take care of it at all. Debbie

Old 03-29-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
Hi nmita. I was just up in Bella Vista getting my dad out of Mercy and back home. I do not know how to find lawn services so if you have any names, I'd appreciate it. He will not be able to take care of it at all. Debbie
I was laying in bed this morning and remembered I had forgotten to get back to you: I am so sorry. Here is the only person I can think or and if he will do it, he is excellent. His name is Brett, I do not have his number but here is his dad's. You can call his dad or text him. They have done all kinds of work for us, our daughter and our granddaughter. Yard work is a second to home improvement, but Brett has done some for us. His dad's name is Melvin Waters: the number is: 479-531-0802. Hope this helps, he may want to do the lawn more than you think it needs doing, that is the problem I am having with him, but hopefully will get it worked out soon. I hope your dad is ok, I know your parents are getting up in years, just like the rest of us.

Nita

Old 03-29-2015, 03:34 PM

Thanks, I'll try that avenue next week when I am up there again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers