Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you visit a Northern Arizona Theme Park?
yes 90 62.50%
no 54 37.50%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 11:42 PM

269 posts, read 1,257,971 times

Advertisements

I know that at least the plan is to make the theme park as green as possible,since you can never stop progress about the best you can do is try to minimize its impact on the environment. As far as jobs go if people are not ambitious a service job may be the best they can hope for unless they want to upgrade thier skills or get some ambition.As long as someone is making an honest living that is what is important some people could never handle the stress that went along with some of the high paying jobs I had and some have ended up in the grave as a result of choosing a more stressful job than they probably should have taken. Perhaps if some had taken a service job at a theme park they might be alive today?

Old 03-22-2007, 03:15 PM

Hi big meeting in Williams today 03.22.07 about the Theme Park(long overdue). I hope to have some substantial news soon.

Richard

Old 03-23-2007, 03:11 PM

This smaller theme aprk makes more sense and will make things happen faster additional park elements can always be added later once the basic infrastructure is laid and people see they are investing in reality and not a pipe dream.

A leaner version of a proposed theme park on the outskirts of the city, which has undergone many versions, was presented to residents Thursday evening in front of the Williams City Council.

And it appears the land on which the project will be built has been secured and financing from private investors -- to the tune of $250 million -- is also in place.

The new version, called Grand Canyon Country, will have smaller lands that celebrates elements of northern Arizona.

There will be a Route 66 element, a Grand Canyon element, an Arizona Country frontier town and a tribal village, with "flex space" anchored by Renaissance in the Pines. Additionally, on the 22-acre parcel, there will be a themed auto service, rental, sales and RV park component, which was formerly headed by Buitenhuis.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:36 PM

Apparently the Williams Theme Park will now be know as Grand Canyon Country which we will most likely see branding for in the future since the domain name has been registered by Gcnae, they would not bother to do unless the name for the park was pretty much a done deal

Old 03-27-2007, 06:48 PM

1 posts, read 5,704 times
Smile Theme Park is closer to reality. Latest news

You can see the latest news from the March 23rd 2007 council meeting in Williams, AZ about the Theme Park.

http://www.azdailysun.com./articles/2007/03/23/news/20070323_news_18.txt (broken link)

I wonder if the property prices around Williams will go up too ? Ash Fork, Seligman, etc.

Regards

Old 03-27-2007, 07:36 PM

20 posts, read 157,059 times
Default Williams AZ Water or lack of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen B View Post
And what about water? I've always heard that alot of homeowners on the outskirts of Williams as you head toward the Grand Canyon have to haul water?

I'm really curious as to what anybody knows about this.
You are right about the WATER QUESTION, I worked on the repaving project at the Grand Canyon Airport in 1998 (I think) and I found out when I was in this area for more than 4 months that the water well(S) in Williams are about 4,500 feet deep and that the (3) Three (I Think thats how many there were) at VALLE, AZ about 35 miles North of Williams were about 5,500 feet deep!
EVERYONE WHO LIVES OUTSIDE OF WILLIAMS CITY WATER LINES HAULS ALL OF THE WATER FOR THEIR USE AT HOME OR BUSINESS.
I don't know where they are going to get the water to support this "Theme Park" but they may have to drill another well at a cost of around $1,500,000 or more as I was told that the one at the motel in Valle when it was drilled cost about $500,000 in about 1990!

Old 03-27-2007, 08:55 PM

Question water issues of theme park

Since the Theme Park will cost over 750 million I do not think 1.5 million for a well is a big deal.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:00 PM

2,203 posts, read 9,322,478 times
Besides costs, what about availability of that much water?

Old 03-27-2007, 10:06 PM

17 posts, read 60,677 times
Default Not So Sure

My understanding is that water is a BIG issue! Also, has anyone checked to see if actual permits have been issued? This may be like talk of the big resort community outside of Prescott, yet when I called the county, no permits had been issued. It's kind of hard to build anything (especially of this nature) with no permits.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:31 AM

3 posts, read 11,037 times
Water is a big issue up here. As a resident of an area north of Williams we have water delivered and all of our neighbors either haul or do the same. It is interesting that the theme park developers don't seem to have a direct answer to the water supply question - even when asked directly. There are a lot of other infrastructure questions that they don't seem to be talking about either.
All the talk has done so far was start a land rush about 2 summers ago when it began and speculators drove up land prices to ridiculous levels. In a 3 month period raw land where we are went from 36 acres for @$40,000. to over $100,000. People said isn't that great, your property is worth so much more, but all it really did was drive up taxes - unless you want to sell it doesn't help at all.
Jobs for Williams - that is good, but most of them are going to be lower paying- and the influx of people will simply mean more burden on the infrastructure- and not necessarily more money.
There are a lot of pros and cons - but most of us would just as soon see it take a looooong time to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona