Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you visit a Northern Arizona Theme Park?
yes 90 62.50%
no 54 37.50%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 04:52 PM

269 posts, read 1,258,424 times

Advertisements

I hate to be the one to deliver the bad news but it is not looking good at this point for the theme park,The new proposal calls for:

-- A "Teepee Inn"

-- A drive-in diner and a "Souvenir Shack"

-- A "wilderness" town with musical presentations, cowboy stunts, a shooting gallery and a mine train ride

-- A Grand Canyon-themed ride simulating a flight over the canyon

-- A climbing wall with waterfalls and animated wildlife

-- An "authentic" Native American village, with nightly bonfires, storytelling, pow wows and crafts

-- A campground and lodge

I hope that the above is not true because it sounds booooring........

Old 06-20-2007, 06:05 PM

2,203 posts, read 9,327,077 times
Well that is in keeping with a "Route 66" theme. It's just that the real Route 66 is so much better. There's something about trying to re-create the real thing that's just not as good as the original, IMHO anyway. We've got the same thing in Humboldt. Here sit all these vacant original historic buildings on Main Street, while they've built brand new supposed-to-look-old buildings out by the Hwy.

Well, let's hope if the developers go through with this, it won't be cheesy. All we need is a Route 66 look-alike that ends up abandoned like so many businesses on the real Route 66.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:37 PM

They have changed the plans so many times,who knows what the end result will be,they just got a 5 year extension from the state so they are good until 2013.

Old 06-25-2007, 03:34 PM

43 posts, read 298,033 times
1. It will never happen on a scale to bring anything but ridicule.
2. Williams has NO WATER - hence no real future as a big town.
3. I'd love it to happen for real. But it wont.

Old 07-14-2007, 06:17 PM

2 posts, read 6,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exlexisnexis View Post
I hate to be the one to deliver the bad news but it is not looking good at this point for the theme park,The new proposal calls for:

-- A "Teepee Inn"

-- A "wilderness" town with musical presentations, cowboy stunts, a shooting gallery and a mine train ride

-- An "authentic" Native American village, with nightly bonfires, storytelling, pow wows and crafts

I hope that the above is not true because it sounds booooring........
Is there a website that shows us what they have planned yet? Have they even begun the master planning and feasibility study for their concept?

Old 07-15-2007, 11:27 PM

Grand Canyon Northland Amusement & Entertainment LLC (broken link)

here is the link but the new web site is under construction

Grand Canyon Northland Amusement & Entertainment LLC (broken link)

Old 07-23-2007, 10:31 PM

2 posts, read 6,540 times
Default Water

The water situation in Williams actually isn't that bad, there just aren't major pipelines in place from Flagstaff to Williams so everywhere in between has to haul water. There actually is water available. They will either spend millions and pipe it in from Flag. or they will dig a well. Around here they only have to be like 300 feet deep before you hit water.

Old 10-12-2007, 05:45 PM

49 posts, read 91,550 times
Is there an update on this? Is it for sure? I know someone said they started construction, but from what I read it doesnt even seem legit yet..

Old 10-12-2007, 06:48 PM

44,644 posts, read 61,677,004 times
I heard it was put on the back burner for several years, due to a lack of funds, an acceptable contingency plan, and water problems.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:46 PM

862 posts, read 2,622,737 times
Looks folks, IT WILL NOT HAPPEN!

Theme parks in some MAJOR cities are actually going bankrupt and closing down. This thing was a pipe-dream from the beginning. With all the new water conservation acts going in place here in Arizona, this thing is falling apart by the minute.

As Nitram stated, "it was put on the back burner for several years, due to a lack of funds, an acceptable contingency plan, and water problems."

In other words, it will NOT happen. Something on SMALLER SCALE might, but it will be :

A "Teepee Inn"

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona