Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 12:03 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,788,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJT View Post
Am I confused? I thought this thread was about over-development..

If Northern Arizona is seeing over-development it can happen anywhere.. Just a year ago land was going for $800.00 an acre and now gentrification.. I'm not sure what is causing people to want to live on top of each other and pay a premium for it.. It's happening everywhere.........
No it's just an echo chamber of conservatives complaining about liberals ruining their oasis. I find this whole thread pathetic and sad how people are so divisive because they don't agree with certain people. Acting all high and mighty like they are Jesus incarnate and have the upmost morals and values. Sadly their too busy kissing Trump's rump to even try to come together and instead further isolate themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2019, 05:45 PM

4,069 posts, read 5,139,473 times
Actually...it was more about economics that political. It didn't really get political until about page 5 when SOMEONE had to bring politics into it. In my original post, I didn't say a thing about the politics of Flag.

I have always thought Flagstaff needed more industry as it is situated at the Northern Crossroads of Arizona, has a rail line (understatement) and a moderate airport. The only thing holding it back was natural resources (water) and the Town Council. Problem with the town now is that the CoL is so high it has out-paced the earning potential in town.

Kind of you to interject the reality of partisan politics into the discussion though. Thanks.

Old 05-03-2019, 07:58 PM

834 posts, read 1,015,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
Actually...it was more about economics that political. It didn't really get political until about page 5 when SOMEONE had to bring politics into it. In my original post, I didn't say a thing about the politics of Flag.

I have always thought Flagstaff needed more industry as it is situated at the Northern Crossroads of Arizona, has a rail line (understatement) and a moderate airport. The only thing holding it back was natural resources (water) and the Town Council. Problem with the town now is that the CoL is so high it has out-paced the earning potential in town.

Kind of you to interject the reality of partisan politics into the discussion though. Thanks.
My posts were just me being surprised the last place I'd expect planned communities is being gentrified... Two years ago I was offered 13 acres for $3,000 just north of Flagstaff with a warranty deed and I'm not that good at sales and know nobody around the region..

Old 05-04-2019, 10:02 AM

2,557 posts, read 2,215,987 times
You wonder how many folks just couldn't put up with the higher cost of living any more and moved out.

Old 05-04-2019, 10:35 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,874,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
It has become a poor man Boulder, CO. Any place that has great weather and natural beauty is going to command a higher cost of living. I think you can include Prescott and Sedona in that category. The other issue is that there isnt much room for growth. Flag is surrounded by reservation and national forest land so it really has no where to go which in turn limits building permits for subdivisions which in turn drives up the COL.

Old 05-04-2019, 12:24 PM

834 posts, read 1,015,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTY483 View Post
It has become a poor man Boulder, CO. Any place that has great weather and natural beauty is going to command a higher cost of living. I think you can include Prescott and Sedona in that category. The other issue is that there isnt much room for growth. Flag is surrounded by reservation and national forest land so it really has no where to go which in turn limits building permits for subdivisions which in turn drives up the COL.
You have to ship water in and fill cisterns... I could of owned a big chunk of Northern Arizona over the years for pennies.. Over the past five-years actually...

Does anyone know where these people are working?

Old 05-04-2019, 01:41 PM

6,354 posts, read 7,759,280 times
Got a kick reading this thread. Substitute "North Idaho" for "Flagstaff", and it is a word-for-word similar threads. We're dealing with the very same issues.

Just returned from a week in the canyon and stayed at a hotel in Flagstaff. Didn't find traffic too awful.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 05-04-2019, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
Got a kick reading this thread. Substitute "North Idaho" for "Flagstaff", and it is a word-for-word similar threads. We're dealing with the very same issues.

Just returned from a week in the canyon and stayed at a hotel in Flagstaff. Didn't find traffic too awful.
Unfortunately, you could probably substitute all of Idaho, Utah...Colorado about 5 years ago...I can't believe how big Boise has gotten. I guess the Simplots and Boise Cascade are doing pretty well?

As far as Flag...did you stay on the East side? I think NAU is almost done as well...may be kind of quiet around campus.

Old 05-04-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJT View Post
My posts were just me being surprised the last place I'd expect planned communities is being gentrified... Two years ago I was offered 13 acres for $3,000 just north of Flagstaff with a warranty deed and I'm not that good at sales and know nobody around the region..
Sorry...was referring to the less than civil post right after yours by fl1150. I should have "quoted".

Old 08-03-2019, 10:15 PM

435 posts, read 453,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post

I have friends in Sandpoint and Post Falls. They say the growth is INSANE and locals are getting pissed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona