Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona
 [Register]
Flagstaff-Sedona Coconino County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 05:32 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,937,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Trails View Post
Sounds like heaven! But, where do you go to get your appendix out? I still have mine and am nervously awaiting the day it wants go out and play!

But, seriously, how sufficient is your health care?

And, do you have any good burger places?
I know the post wasn't directed at me .... but .....

I haven't required mergency medical care as yet. However, the facilities at Cottonwood are pretty good and if it is really serious then it has to be Phoenix.

For Burgers, I recommend the Blue Moon Cafe in the Village of Oak Creek.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:33 PM

329 posts, read 1,276,934 times
Quote:
Sounds like heaven! But, where do you go to get your appendix out? I still have mine and am nervously awaiting the day it wants go out and play!

It is heaven here! We absolutely love it. I do worry about health care. The hospital in Cottonwood is ok and outstanding for cardiac care. There is a very good hospital in Flagstaff and of course excellent care in Phoenix. We have a small medical center here which is getting better every day and we have several good family practice/internist doctors here as well.

We are still searching for the perfect burger.

The thing about Sedona and the Village of Oak Creek. We are a small town but we get a lot of visitors. As a result we have services and resturants that you would not expect in a town of our size.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:51 PM

345 posts, read 467,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poolgirl51 View Post
The thing about Sedona and the Village of Oak Creek. We are a small town but we get a lot of visitors. As a result we have services and resturants that you would not expect in a town of our size.
I've found through the years that the Sedona food choices and consistency of food at restaurants is really wanting and I've been to most of the places more than once. Santa Fe is another tourist town that is not so big too, and the food choices/consistency are 100 times better than Sedona. Sedona is the beauty of the rocks and the outdoor activities around those rocks, and that's that. Sedona is not a foodie town at all.

The IGA supermarket (next to the Wild Turkey Condo's where I used to live) in the Village of Oak Creek is mediocre. Most residents go to the Bashas or Safeway out past the "Y" for real food shopping, or to the Wal Mart in Cottonwood.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria Rhodes View Post
I've found through the years that the Sedona food choices and consistency of food at restaurants is really wanting and I've been to most of the places more than once. Santa Fe is another tourist town that is not so big too, and the food choices/consistency are 100 times better than Sedona. Sedona is the beauty of the rocks and the outdoor activities around those rocks, and that's that. Sedona is not a foodie town at all.

The IGA supermarket (next to the Wild Turkey Condo's where I used to live) in the Village of Oak Creek is mediocre. Most residents go to the Bashas or Safeway out past the "Y" for real food shopping, or to the Wal Mart in Cottonwood.
I disagree on the restaurants. Although we do not go out to eat all that often, we are quite satisfied with the quality and choice of restaurants.

As to food shopping, we usually do a big three monthly shop at Costco and then top up at local shops. The IGA is fine for most things (not wine) as are Safeways and Bashas. Walmart is good for standard stuff but not much else.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:39 PM

739 posts, read 1,849,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
I live in Sedona

Yes, there are scorpions. But just get the house spayed regularly and they stay away.

I live in the Mystic Hills sub-division and we have a pool down at the clubhouse as well as tennis courts.

Now is a good time to be buying here. In our subdivision there are several houses for sale and they are not finding buyers. You may find that the pricing can be negotiated down.

ps. we love it and are not selling!
I'm happy for you, Jaggy and appreciate your response.
We have to plan a trip over there and may not be able to until June or thereabouts. I'm itching to do it.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyme4878 View Post
I'm glad you clarified that for the poster. I don't know about Sedona, but we live at 4500 feet and we sure have scorpians!
Yikes, scorpions. Will an exterminator be able to keep them at bay? I know in NYC everyone has exterminators once a month but after two or three weeks, you see critters here and there. Scorpions are bigger and scarier than roaches. NY roaches are wimps.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolgirl51 View Post
I currently live in Sedona and love it here. In West Sedona we have three grocery stores, Walgreens, Staples and many local stores. You do have to go to Cottonwood (15 miles) for Wal*Mart. There is plenty to do here if you like outdoor activities (hiking, tennis, golf etc.). Home prices have come down considerably and there are many very good deals. Good luck with your search!!
Thanks! It's sounding better and better.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:

Now those are two great questions.

May I add: How is the pizza? Are there decent Chinese restaurants?

Yeah, health care facilities. That's a biggie.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:27 PM

345 posts, read 467,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
I disagree on the restaurants. Although we do not go out to eat all that often, we are quite satisfied with the quality and choice of restaurants
I have a background in food service and food and beverage (and attended the CIA in Hyde Park, NY - not that that is the end all to be all), so I'm more critical of what product I see land on the table. For people who just want to eat and don't care much about food trends and high quality ingredients I understand Sedona dining choices are good enough. After years of dining in Europe, NYC, Miami, LA, San Francisco I got spoiled. Sedona's Heartline Cafe is OK, but I've experienced inconsistencies in their food on more than a few occasions as have several of my "foodie" friends. As quality choices are limited in Sedona, Heartline Cafe and Elote in VOC usually gets our business for out-of-town guests. Takashi on Jordan is OK for sushi (if your dining friends must have sushi/sushimi). Cowboy Club is OK for out-of-town visitors too, but consistency is an issue and I don't see their prices meriting what arrives on your plate(s). From my experiences in Sedona the supposed upscale cuisine is uninspired and inconsistent at best. Really, not meant to knock them, but most people I meet from the Midwest (outside big cities) think the Sedona food scene is just dandy. Different strokes for different folks.

THe VOC IGA often had sad produce and tended to be overpriced on many items vs their peers. That was over four years ago since I last shopped there, so maybe they've improved things. Bashas in Sedona has the best produce department overall. New Frontiers is good for people with money to burn.

Last edited by Ria Rhodes; 03-13-2009 at 12:46 PM..

Old 03-13-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNooYawk View Post
Now those are two great questions.

May I add: How is the pizza? Are there decent Chinese restaurants?

Yeah, health care facilities. That's a biggie.
Pizza is poor ..... edit: Pizza Picasso is okay but not the type of pizza I really like.

Red Chopstick in VOC does decent Chinese food.

Last edited by Jaggy001; 03-13-2009 at 02:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Flagstaff-Sedona