Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 12:34 PM

263 posts, read 889,796 times

Advertisements

Chris, I knew your complaint had to do with the heat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 03:48 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggums View Post
Chris, I knew your complaint had to do with the heat
No way....LOL I could never tent camp here in the summer. I would tent camp right now though. It's perfect for camping out there. And biking!

Old 12-20-2010, 04:12 PM

49 posts, read 144,223 times
Florida Positives, OK: The weather always seem to stay below 99 degrees. There are plenty of cheap places to rent/buy. You can certainly catch up on your philanthropy here. Tons of law enforcement. Newspapers are always full of colorful stories. The checkout lines at Dillards and Coach are never long. Vasectomies are free. Schools have great free and reduced lunch programs. Plenty of lawyers, builders, and yard workers. Has the most AARP members. It doesn't snow.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:47 PM

34 posts, read 56,700 times
You're not going to suffer from the winter blues lol like some of us from the northeast.
There are beaches, beautiful beaches all around you. There are always things to do and see.

Old 12-20-2010, 06:10 PM

263 posts, read 889,796 times
The Florida "Positives" Thread-ana-newday-amshehadeh.jpg

Hope I attached this right, it's a gorgeous picture of where we will camp, a big positive in my book!

Old 12-21-2010, 07:27 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times
1. Humidity(good for skin)
2. No earthquakes, landslides, few tornatoes
3. Hurricaines are trackable, you can leave the area
4. Clean air
5. Warm weather(for me, I have high heat tolerance)
6. No Need to wear uncomfortable winter clothes
7. Beautiful scenery
8. Clouds(I hate clear skies)

yeah and there is also a bunch of negatives

Old 12-22-2010, 08:15 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggums View Post
Attachment 73038

Hope I attached this right, it's a gorgeous picture of where we will camp, a big positive in my book!

Wow, beautiful picture.

Thanks for sharing.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:16 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLdyingfast View Post
Florida Positives, OK: The weather always seem to stay below 99 degrees. There are plenty of cheap places to rent/buy. You can certainly catch up on your philanthropy here. Tons of law enforcement. Newspapers are always full of colorful stories. The checkout lines at Dillards and Coach are never long. Vasectomies are free. Schools have great free and reduced lunch programs. Plenty of lawyers, builders, and yard workers. Has the most AARP members. It doesn't snow.

I think the thread is about positives of Florida only.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:40 PM

807 posts, read 3,187,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
2. few tornatoes
There's lots of tomatoes...check in produce...

Old 12-22-2010, 11:35 PM

1,978 posts, read 4,406,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
1. Humidity(good for skin)
2. No earthquakes, landslides, few tornatoes
3. Hurricaines are trackable, you can leave the area
4. Clean air
5. Warm weather(for me, I have high heat tolerance)
6. No Need to wear uncomfortable winter clothes
7. Beautiful scenery
8. Clouds(I hate clear skies)

yeah and there is also a bunch of negatives
Humidity!!!!! Yippee!!! It can NEVER get too humid for me!

Clean air: The cleanest!! Ionized too with all the thunderstorms. I have absolutely NO allergies there, which allows me to smell the perfume of the South Florida air!

Warm weather: Balmy or tropical humid even ambient temps. None of this freezing on my shady side, roasting on my sunny side California crap. Most of the time out here I have to wear black clothing and turn around like I'm some kind of a lamb on a rotisserie just to stay warm!!!

Beautiful scenery: Blows California away!!! Wow, actual green and not just varying shades of greyish olive drab! Palm trees that look like they could glow in the dark, and the brilliant magic lighting effects of the of the tropical zenith where the sun occupies the 90 degree (ok, technically 87 degree) mark in the sky!

Clouds: Oh yeah! don't even get me started on the clouds! South Florida has some of the most spectacular skies I have ever seen!

I think these images say it all!!! Yeah Princess! I'm with you on that. I hate cloudless skies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida