Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2011, 02:59 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,946,544 times

Advertisements

Ray LaHood and President Obama have been really understanding and very pro Florida throughout this entire process. Remember that Florida in 2012 and I hope Obama's words are realized and he gets to come back down and ride it after all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 04:22 PM

817 posts, read 2,250,817 times
I've been pretty adamant that I think this is a waste of resources.

That said, if the money's gonna be spent anyway, I'd rather we get it than some other state. I just don't want Florida to be stuck with any cost overruns or anything like that. I want NO RISK. Any state money that might go to this boondoggle would be much better spent on schools, colleges, roads, etc....

So as long as we're COMPLETELY off the hook....sure, come build the train no one will use.

What's another couple of billion on the national debt? We're already so broke that we may as well max out the credit card. We can always let our grandkids pay it off, right?

Old 02-26-2011, 04:04 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin from Tampa View Post
I've been pretty adamant that I think this is a waste of resources.

That said, if the money's gonna be spent anyway, I'd rather we get it than some other state. I just don't want Florida to be stuck with any cost overruns or anything like that. I want NO RISK. Any state money that might go to this boondoggle would be much better spent on schools, colleges, roads, etc....

So as long as we're COMPLETELY off the hook....sure, come build the train no one will use.

What's another couple of billion on the national debt? We're already so broke that we may as well max out the credit card. We can always let our grandkids pay it off, right?
So I guess you support cutting spending and raising taxes, so our grandkids don't have to be saddled with debt?

Old 02-26-2011, 05:16 PM

817 posts, read 2,250,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
So I guess you support cutting spending and raising taxes, so our grandkids don't have to be saddled with debt?
I do

Old 02-26-2011, 08:47 PM

357 posts, read 783,479 times
this is the problem with america... we drop a couple of bombs on Baghdad that costs how much? We give BILLIONS of dollars to OTHER COUNTRIES. Do we ever hear about that? And yet when the gov. actually puts forth a legitimate investment project, people have the nerve to start droping all this fiscal conservative B/S. We need to start fixing our problems at home... and this problem is only going to get worse if we don't start thinking now.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:04 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,725 times
Good.

High speed rail is nothing but political smoke and mirrors.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:28 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,322,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango23 View Post
Your job is safe if you are a dealer for street drugs. The Governor has made sure he protected his buddies in the pill dispensing business. Almost all the drugs dispensed through pain clinics go to the street, that is just a fact. One of the guys arrested yesterday who owns a chain of these clinics does over a $100,000 a day in the business. Want to bet who he voted for. Scott is in a fact complicit in the murder of US citizens. I can't say it any more plain. This man is just as much a criminal today just as he has always been.
Um wasn't there a big crackdown on pill mills in FL recently?

Old 02-27-2011, 12:32 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,749,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Um wasn't there a big crackdown on pill mills in FL recently?
Doesn't mean anything as long as someone can go from place to place using the same script without any records. It is so easy it is a joke. They ask almost no questions, It is all a wink and a nod. Then the pills go straight to the street selling by the pill.

No one wants to put them out of business just have them keep records that would not be any more complex then Office depot uses to track rebates so you can't get the same rebate 50 times for one purchase. This is not even debatable. By the way, Scotts premise that it is an invasion of privacy is ridiculous. Is it an invasion of privacy when they ask for your information when you rent a car or an apartment? Rental car companies may also check credit records and your driving records.

The only thing you can think is Scott is in the pockets of these people or they have threatened his family or something. No one in their right mind would be opposed to keeping people from obtaining drugs illegally, ( such as 50 orders from one script or a doctor who is paid to write scripts) and distributing them on the street. That is all they are trying to do. You think a retired doctor who doesn't even have an office and writes a 100 scripts a day would raise a red flag? That is all we are talking about. Pill clinics are a legal business, they just need to be run legally like any other business, many are not. In fact without the illegal trade they are probably not even a viable business and will disappear.

You know, this is not a political thing, 42 other states are doing it and more coming on board be they they Rep. or Dem. It is a Rick Scott thing, there is something wrong with this man.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/fl-presc...,5656957.story

Last edited by mango23; 02-27-2011 at 01:16 AM..

Old 02-27-2011, 04:17 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,563,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomno00 View Post
this is the problem with america... we drop a couple of bombs on Baghdad that costs how much? We give BILLIONS of dollars to OTHER COUNTRIES. Do we ever hear about that? And yet when the gov. actually puts forth a legitimate investment project, people have the nerve to start droping all this fiscal conservative B/S. We need to start fixing our problems at home... and this problem is only going to get worse if we don't start thinking now.
You make a very good point because the cost of high speed rail is a drop in the bucket compared to the billions being wasted in Iraq on a weekly basis. Remember when Cheney told us the Iraq War would pay for itself through it's Oil revenues?
Amazingly we can blow untold billions in a foreign nation trying to rebuild their infrastructure but when it comes to us all of a sudden we can't afford it! The old adage says charity begins at home!

Old 02-27-2011, 06:10 AM

357 posts, read 799,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Once you understand the scam that is the Federal Reserve System, you will truly understand that we can NEVER repay the debt, regardless of how much taxes are cut or how much spending is reduced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida