Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 12:24 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Don't worry, I'm sure Jeb!'s brother's company will cut the state a deal on that sort of thing, and ..... hey I just saw the tooth fairy!
I'm just glad my daughter graduated from HS last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 12:55 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,387,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
The question I have is is it up to the schools to make sure these kids graduate, or is it up to the parents? I think it is my job as a parent to make sure my child is doing her job by going to school, working hard at it and graduating at the end. How can the schools be held accountable for the parents not doing their job?
Excellent Post...Alot of people forget it starts in the Home...If parents are not involved in their kids school well then why should it be left up too the Teachers only...with that being said florida isnt 45th anymore and there are SOME good Counties with excellent schools and I do have other states to compare them too...3 of my son's friends were accepted to yale, 1 has a full scholarship to Cornell...So I have to disagree with the other Poster...and its funny because so many out of state kids attend our Florida Colleges

Old 03-19-2011, 12:40 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,765 times
Merit pay?

How in reality will that work?

Not all communities are the same. Not all kids are the same.

This smells like nothing more than a misguided step toward privatization.

What do you think they will come up with next?

Education for the wealthy only?

After all, why bother sending kids to school if we can just as easily save the money and give tax breaks to wealthy business owners to start up some sweat shops.

Think about that the next time you want to criticize our teachers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida