Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 01:25 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times

Advertisements

All of the above !

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFD View Post
Ok so i was going to move to Florida but after these comments maybe i shouldnt
Ok no scratch that i am definately moving to Florida
Wait maybe i should !!!
No no im moving.
Darn why cant you citydata folks make up MY mind for me about where I should live, I come here for advise on moving one person says its great another says its horrible. How can allof you live in Florida and not have the same experience. I want a consensus NOW. Are heat strokes and bread lines in my future or Sunshine and prosperity. IM holding the movers at bay until i get an answer.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:06 PM

16,072 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
No way would I ever go back to Ohio. Do you really think Ohio has a beach.

No beaches near Ohio for your info. At least 10 hours to a decent beach on the coast and the you can only go 3 months of the year.
OH sits on Lake Erie, of course there are beaches, even if they aren't the endless white sugar sand beaches of FL.

Quote:
Wait maybe i should !!!
No no im moving.
Darn why cant you citydata folks make up MY mind for me about where I should live, I come here for advise on moving one person says its great another says its horrible. How can allof you live in Florida and not have the same experience. I want a consensus NOW. Are heat strokes and bread lines in my future or Sunshine and prosperity. IM holding the movers at bay until i get an answer.
Best post in the thread!

Old 09-01-2011, 02:50 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,387,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Those brutal winters to you are not anything compared to living in a sweatbox day after day
complete b.s., but by all means, go up north and experience one for yourself. when it's 10 below 0 with the wind chill and a 25 mph gust, the roads are covered in snow and black ice and the sun hasn't been seen for days on end, we don't want to hear you complain.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:56 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user8 View Post
complete b.s., but by all means, go up north and experience one for yourself. when it's 10 below 0 with the wind chill and a 25 mph gust, the roads are covered in snow and black ice and the sun hasn't been seen for days on end, we don't want to hear you complain.
Born there , lived there..NEVER complained about the weather once and wont complain again when I move back there. Even summer heat waves are taken in stride. As I know they won't last long. In fact they are welcome...

Old 09-01-2011, 03:00 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Born there , lived there..NEVER complained about the weather once and wont complain again when I move back there except during those damn summer heat waves..
Ditto...... Today sucked, after 3 days of clouds it was less humid and not so bad, then today hell came back. 5 weeks left for me!!!!!

Old 09-01-2011, 03:03 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Ditto...... Today sucked, after 3 days of clouds it was less humid and not so bad, then today hell came back. 5 weeks left for me!!!!!
Its actually been beautiful here today, we have a had a steady breeze all day, it made working out in the garden planting tomatoes not suck, lol

Old 09-01-2011, 03:18 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,507 times
Quote:
Wait maybe i should !!!
No no im moving.
Never mind the negatives, a lot of these people are newbies that like to complain about things that are already a given here. Yes, it's warm..it's Florida..I live in South Florida which is a Tropical Climate, Central and Northern Florida are Humid Subtropical. Really after a while you tend to get sick of hearing the comments about the weather, where I live it's not that bad really in my opinion and I'm not a native.

The only thing that I would use as a decision point would be your ability to find a job (if you need one?) and a good one at that.

Old 09-01-2011, 03:24 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Good for you!..what state are you moving to?

Old 09-01-2011, 03:41 PM

10,233 posts, read 6,319,495 times
Quote:
The sun today was very hazy in Naples. Didn't get to 90. YES! Late in day it got cloudy and rainy, again. GOOD. There is a storm in the Gulf coming. I hope it gets here. The more rain, and less sun, the better.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:08 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Never mind the negatives, a lot of these people are newbies that like to complain about things that are already a given here. Yes, it's warm..it's Florida..I live in South Florida which is a Tropical Climate, Central and Northern Florida are Humid Subtropical. Really after a while you tend to get sick of hearing the comments about the weather, where I live it's not that bad really in my opinion and I'm not a native.

The only thing that I would use as a decision point would be your ability to find a job (if you need one?) and a good one at that.
Newbies.....?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida