Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 03:34 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,369,132 times

Advertisements

We moved down there in 2005, arrived in March and rented while waiting for our house to be built. I knew immediately that we made a mistake. Six years later we sold and now I only come to the Florida boards for chuckles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 03:38 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,138,172 times
That's part of the problem. I say if you have minimum wage skills, you get minimum wage jobs. Like somebody's friend who gets $12 an hour for "monkey" work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Some people are only qualified for 3rd world wages, yet they want to make $20/hour to answer phones.

Blame FloriDUH though, right?

Old 01-07-2012, 03:39 PM

Then by all means you should stay in Texas and enjoy the big bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Yeah, but atleast we have those jobs to be had. You can't even find a minimum wage job in Florida. Not to mention that a minimum wage salary goes A LOT further in TX than it does in FL..

You also fail to mention how TX pays more for professional jobs than FL..

Old 01-07-2012, 03:41 PM

Your past postings indicate that you have been trying to leave FL for years now. What is the hold up. Get out of FL before you get lost in the swamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
I'm not mad, those are the FACTS. I actually do quite well but not oblivious to what's really going on in the swamp. Keep cheerleading more. Floriduh needs all the boosters it can get.

You must enjoy overpaying for your cookie cutter home that looks like it was built in 3 days. Oh wait, did I distract you from another Casey Anthony sighting? Sorry.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:51 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,895,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Then by all means you should stay in Texas and enjoy the big bucks.
That's the plan.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:52 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,895,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Your past postings indicate that you have been trying to leave FL for years now. What is the hold up. Get out of FL before you get lost in the swamp.
None of my business but it's probably taken him/her years to save up with the low pay...

Old 01-08-2012, 07:23 AM

623 posts, read 966,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoetry View Post
We moved down there in 2006, arrived in March and rented while waiting for our house to be built. I knew immediately that we made a mistake. Six years later we sold and now I only come to the Florida boards for chuckles.
CHUCKLES AND LIES this is you from 2005 when you lived in Florida ipoetry
befriend
1,774 posts, read 500,435 times

How did Florida get in this mess ?

What mess? I love it here. We bought a house a few years ago and it's appreciating nicely. We're good.

[+] Rate this post positively

Old 01-08-2012, 10:31 AM

258 posts, read 614,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoetry View Post
We moved down there in 2005, arrived in March and rented while waiting for our house to be built. I knew immediately that we made a mistake. Six years later we sold and now I only come to the Florida boards for chuckles.
Where you live now, if I may ask ..... ?

Old 01-09-2012, 12:48 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Yeah, but atleast we have those jobs to be had. You can't even find a minimum wage job in Florida. Not to mention that a minimum wage salary goes A LOT further in TX than it does in FL..

You also fail to mention how TX pays more for professional jobs than FL..

I don't fail to mention anything. I have previously provided links elsewhere on this subject from the Bureau of Labor statistics.

Texas pays more in various professional fields and positions, and Florida pays more in other professional fields and positions. In some positions, the pay difference is barely worth mentioning.

An engineer in Florida is not necessarily making less than an engineer in Texas. A lawyer in Florida is not necessarily making less than a lawyer in Texas. It is all heavily dependent on industry and employer, as well as heavily location dependent.

For example: Financial managers make more in FL than in TX. Human resource managers make more in TX than in FL. Construction managers make more in Florida than in Texas. Surveyors in Florida make more than surveyors in Texas. Aerospace Engineers make more in Texas than Florida. Social workers make more in Florida than Texas..... etc. etc. etc.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:00 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I don't fail to mention anything. I have previously provided links elsewhere on this subject from the Bureau of Labor statistics.

Texas pays more in various professional fields and positions, and Florida pays more in other professional fields and positions. In some positions, the pay difference is barely worth mentioning.

An engineer in Florida is not necessarily making less than an engineer in Texas. A lawyer in Florida is not necessarily making less than a lawyer in Texas. It is all heavily dependent on industry and employer, as well as heavily location dependent.

For example: Financial managers make more in FL than in TX. Human resource managers make more in TX than in FL. Construction managers make more in Florida than in Texas. Surveyors in Florida make more than surveyors in Texas. Aerospace Engineers make more in Texas than Florida. Social workers make more in Florida than Texas..... etc. etc. etc.
He's a TX cheerleader and doesn't like to hear anything bad about it, true or untrue

//www.city-data.com/forum/22452163-post82.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida