Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 02:06 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,512,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisoxfan View Post
This post is right on target. The people who are leaving are doing so because of present-day concerns rather than something that may or may not be a factor 50-100 years from now.
Exactly. But people still believe warm weather & sunshine will pay their bills & makes everyone happy go lucky 24/7. Taxes, silly home prices (you get jack for what you pay for a home here), HOI b.s. changes every season, third world country crime & invasion, poor schooling, absolutely no real economy....global warming is effecting everyone everywhere. We are leaving FL b/c of all the other crap that is just so unneccesary to have to live in.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:36 PM

316 posts, read 1,037,274 times
Woah, ok maybe it's where we moved from...but taxes??? high? in Florda??? ROFLMAO!

go up north people. the millage rate in "Puertorlando" is LOWER than most places in the midwest. I'm looking at the tax records for several houses in the neighborhood.... WAY too sweet. This is dirt cheap....

now the other prices.... housing, car insurance...etc ok you have a point. Oh food? WAY cheaper.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amax41 View Post
Woah, ok maybe it's where we moved from...but taxes??? high? in Florda??? ROFLMAO!

go up north people. the millage rate in "Puertorlando" is LOWER than most places in the midwest. I'm looking at the tax records for several houses in the neighborhood.... WAY too sweet. This is dirt cheap....

now the other prices.... housing, car insurance...etc ok you have a point. Oh food? WAY cheaper.
The over value of homes in FL (mostly south) is beyond ridicously funny. Naples...in the 60%; FT Myers...in the 40%...so, the extra $1150/yr we will be paying in taxes in the midwest far outdoes the extra $50k we'd be paying for a home in SWFL that isn't even worth what it SHOULD be sold for...

Milk: SWFL 4$/gal...NEOH...$2.89 Grapes: SWFL: $2.99/lb...NEOH....$0.99/lb Chicken: SWFL: $3.89/lb....NEOH...$2.49/lb

Freaky weather up there right now...unseasonable warm...fine.....

Look at the tax records & look at what you pay today & what it will probably be worth in 2 yrs in FL...not so sweet.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:40 PM

101 posts, read 311,733 times
Nope we're leaving because of taxes and homeowners ins and the failing job market anywhere but the major cities

Old 10-16-2007, 09:51 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedAChange View Post
May I remind everyone here that Al Gore just received the Nobel Prize. Ahem.
Any one of us could win a nobel prize if we had the move on dot goofs money writting stories and putting our name on it. And to top it off, it has no merit whatsoever and has not yet been proven correct? So tell me how does one win something from hearsay that has no proof?
This goof of a loser needs to get back on his meds and see Jenny Craig.

By they way, his movie was banned in my childs school, cannot be played until someone with scientific evidence can prove it to be correct. Not going to happen, he should be arrested for inciting panic amoung many people. ( at least the doomed followers of his and the move on drop org groupies )

He needs to be held accountable for this for years to come, if he was such a great mad scientist then why didn't he do anything right for 8 years???

Old 10-16-2007, 09:55 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,969 times
My research has shown me that it is cheaper to live in my selected areas of Florida then it is to live in my neighborhood today. Taxes and insurance as a total are cheaper in Florida and then add no state income tax, I am up thousands of dollars before I start.
For those who are leaving Florida because of taxes and insurance, you had better research it closely because you probably are going to have to lower your standard of living to move to an equal to or better area then you live now.

Old 10-17-2007, 05:25 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,192,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
My research has shown me that it is cheaper to live in my selected areas of Florida then it is to live in my neighborhood today. Taxes and insurance as a total are cheaper in Florida and then add no state income tax, I am up thousands of dollars before I start.
For those who are leaving Florida because of taxes and insurance, you had better research it closely because you probably are going to have to lower your standard of living to move to an equal to or better area then you live now.
The tax thing is all relative as far as a home owner goes. The millage rates in most parts of Florida are not any higher then other states, the property values are though, hence higher taxes. In say Fort Lauderdale a simple 1200 sq. foot house in a nice neighborhood will be over $300,000 or more. I am not talking about something over priced but a house a few minutes to the beach, close to shopping and all the amenities the city has to offer. That same house somewhere else may be only $125,000.

Here is the funny part, at least to me. Many people who complain about their taxes, when it comes time to sell their house want an arm and a leg for it. They want $350,000 because they feel it is worth it, except when it comes to the tax on the house. Lets face it, they do live in a $350,000 house and even with low millage rates the tax will be considerable no matter what state they live in.

Take the home owners insurance problem out of the mix and most of our problems are gone. The hassle with, cost of insurance, being canceled, unable to get it is the problem, not the taxes although we need a more fair system. Especially as it applies to non homesteaded and commercial properties. The problem with low paying jobs here, there is nothing new about that.

Last edited by macguy; 10-17-2007 at 05:59 AM..

Old 10-17-2007, 07:00 AM

975 posts, read 3,731,074 times
I don't think you can dismiss Al Gore that easily--he won the 2000 election and the Nobel Prize. That's quite a list of accomplishments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Any one of us could win a nobel prize if we had the move on dot goofs money writting stories and putting our name on it. And to top it off, it has no merit whatsoever and has not yet been proven correct? So tell me how does one win something from hearsay that has no proof?
This goof of a loser needs to get back on his meds and see Jenny Craig.

By they way, his movie was banned in my childs school, cannot be played until someone with scientific evidence can prove it to be correct. Not going to happen, he should be arrested for inciting panic amoung many people. ( at least the doomed followers of his and the move on drop org groupies )

He needs to be held accountable for this for years to come, if he was such a great mad scientist then why didn't he do anything right for 8 years???

Old 10-17-2007, 09:04 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedAChange View Post
May I remind everyone here that Al Gore just received the Nobel Prize. Ahem.
May I remind you that Yasser Arafat got a nobel peace prize, too.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:45 AM

I am amazed people don't believe in global warming.

Have not followed Al Gore, so can't comment on him.

But people out there really do not believe global warming is occuring?

Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida